Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
You were on-line longer to write your post than you would be in ROF's career mode. Your only on-line to verify you bought the game and then again to collect your stats. That would take only seconds.
I'm not typing this on my gaming PC, that isn't connected to the net, and won't be.

You didn't address the real issue, and in fact, nobody defending neoqb has managed to.

Anyway, I'm tuning out for the meantime. I've commented on their blog forum, http://riseofflight.com/Blogs.aspx?day=20090316 and I'd suggest anyone else concerned does likewise, let's hope they fix this before it kills them.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Approved Member

The blog only raises a question for me. The devs say that you don't have to be online when playing SP, only when logging on to the sim or finishing a mission then the stats are sent to the server.

What if you don't care about the stats? We still out of luck?

Things are looking better that when first mentioned, I'm starting to come around now.

Flyingbullseye
Old 03-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbirder View Post
News to me..i paid £900 for a Blue Ray transport last month...Plenty of DVDs and Blue Ray disks in my local store and on amazon last time i looked...are you sure you're not doing a chicken little "The Sky is falling down" impression...

Besides i fail to see their thought process...piracy is a problem for us...so what we'll do is ensure sure half of our potential legitimate customer base won't come near us at all either...

Good logic!
I'm talking about DVDs for PC Games....

The sky is falling? Huh have you been to a retailer as of late and see the PC game selection? Don't know where you live but in the states all the retail Gaming places have a single rack dedicated to PC games and the rest of the entire store is for consoles.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoolittleRaider View Post
ROF: Ridiculously Odd Fools! There is a short term "Greed" factor here. Meanwhile, they'll cut their sales by 2/3 or more, and will go Belly Up within six months.
Funny... Why do you think they make games after all? Let me clue you in... it isn't because they love us and its certainly not for fun.

They are companies and the sole purpose for a company is to sell a product or a service. Welcome to the world of business.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Approved Member

For those that are saying they won't be buying the game because it will require a connection haven't stop to think as to why It doesn't stop companies like Steam from selling games... It's not a show stopper.

Now that EA the largest publisher on the planet has signed up with Steam I would think they would reconsider when the hear how many people won't buy games that require a connection.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

It's possible to play a game off Steam even if your connection is down.

With RoF it sounds like you can't even start the game if it can't "phone home".

That just doesn't make any sense and I'm not really convinced yet that this is actually the case..
Old 03-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Rise of Flight is not 1C game and the tread is moved to "Other Topics"!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

Who the HELL goes into off topic on this forum? Hell I never even knew there was one.