Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

hmmmm now it actually sounds promising. if all those features are included, it'd be like a tuned-down version of a rigid and unforgiving simulator. now i'm interested.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Ali Fish

any word on the pc version yet ? the seperate announcement etc etc ?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

Thing is, the Developer's at Gaijin do seem to be actually listening to the user feedback and these suggestions have been suggested by the users.

So-far they have actively updated the original WoP using many forum suggestions and asked for user input into what they would like to see in the next release.

They would have added better online support for the original , and although they are still adding patches, they are concentrating on Birds of Steel (Wings of Prey 2), which they hope to include, on the initial release, many of those features.

The thing id, if they don't know the users want it, how can they add it to the new release?

So if you have ideas it's worth a visit to the Gaijin forums to post any ideas that you'd like to see, but so-far they have been very pro-active in getting a product that the purchaser's want.

Cheers, MP
Old 06-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

The PC version will be released after the Console version so they can improve and add more to it

Cheers, MP
Old 06-07-2011, 02:12 PM
speculum jockey

The more flight sims/games the better. The number of FS coming out in the past few years is showing a really good trend, that people are once again interested in this genre. Drawing somone in with a "BANG POW RRRRRR!" flight "game" means there is a greater chance they will also try something a little more in-depth like IL-2 or CloD.

More power to them!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
The more flight sims/games the better. The number of FS coming out in the past few years is showing a really good trend, that people are once again interested in this genre. Drawing somone in with a "BANG POW RRRRRR!" flight "game" means there is a greater chance they will also try something a little more in-depth like IL-2 or CloD.

More power to them!
+1!
that was actually the reason how i got to il2.i played birds of prey on xbox and then became aware that there is a sim called il1946 which was supposed to be the real deal.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Tree_UK

You can colide with Tree's, thats a big step forward.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
The PC version will be released after the Console version so they can improve and add more to it

Cheers, MP
From what the devs say it's a parrallel development, not a console port.
Seperate teams.

It should be, at the very least, interesting to see what people with console sensibilities can do when they develop a 'sim' for PC.

They have the presentation skills and theatrics that gamers expect, let's see if they can match it with the gameplay simmers expect.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

If you can shoot a target without wobbling up and down while flying level like this game ..its a buy
Old 06-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

I actually dont mind WOP that much, I mean ROF is alot better but WOP atleast runs smooth, I just think its funny gaijin which was a new company/dev group is cranking out these titles for 3 platforms at this speed while clod is kinda well... ya...