Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:42 PM
machoo

Default Arma2

Just a question , anybody here have ARMA2? If so can you run that with full detail? I tried this and it brought my computer down too it's knees. Ran about 6fps. The biggest killer was the draw distance , turn that right up and you have a COD scenario with an entire island visible if you are in a plane.

Arma2 has been out for years and computers still struggle with it. COD isnt doing too bad performance wise it's just unfinished. We shouldnt be too hard on the guys at 1C.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Default Arma2

I have it, I can't run it of full settings either it does some wierd stuff with the trees, but I can run it on the next setting down and it's very good, FPS is high. I don't think I could play it with a load of stuff happening though...similar to CoD, I can fly with 20 or so planes but any more and it starts to be a bit jumpy.

I'm quite happy with how CoD is playing graphically, just wish my multiplayer worked, but that was my fault for installing the beta patch
Old 05-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
Just a question , anybody here have ARMA2? If so can you run that with full detail? I tried this and it brought my computer down too it's knees. Ran about 6fps. The biggest killer was the draw distance , turn that right up and you have a COD scenario with an entire island visible if you are in a plane.

Arma2 has been out for years and computers still struggle with it. COD isnt doing too bad performance wise it's just unfinished. We shouldnt be too hard on the guys at 1C.
yes we should.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:14 PM
BigPickle

this is way worst than arma 2 mate, i assure you.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post

You need a fast quad core CPU to squeeze this game, downing draw distance and some options you can obtain good FPS but when there action around my CPU just bottleneck the game.

I dont know if you guys are aware of this :

Is a game in development using the ArmA2 engine

http://www.gamershell.com/news_116406.html
Old 05-13-2011, 09:23 PM
machoo

That's awesome. The amount of mods in Ama2 - where to start!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

This game is to first person shooters, what IL-2 is to flightsims. A complete game, with random unscripted events, a powerful mission builder and huge maps that serves as an arena for simulated warfare.

I've played Operation flashpoint since it came out a decade ago and still have the entire series in my shelf Play ARMA 2 now adays with some of the awesome mods
Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

That new game Looks good doesn't it. I've attached my ps3 controller and trackIR to ARMA2 and it's great. I presume you were talking about Operation Arrowhead not the original ARMA2.

Last edited by Sky; 05-13-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

i can run Arma 2 on max with 4x anti-aliasing and i run with distance at 6000 in 1920x1080.

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
This game is to first person shooters, what IL-2 is to flightsims. A complete game, with random unscripted events, a powerful mission builder and huge maps that serves as an arena for simulated warfare.

I've played Operation flashpoint since it came out a decade ago and still have the entire series in my shelf Play ARMA 2 now adays with some of the awesome mods
Strike is this MP, and how is it compared to BFBC2? thanks