Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Default Gaijin: Apache: Air Assault

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ac...he-air-assault

Looks like I forgot to factor in using the game engine for a different game when I said inevitable sequel to BoP.

"The game will include more than 16 multi-stage missions with both air and ground operations set off the coast of Africa, the mountains of the Middle East and the jungles of Central America, according to the release.

"No games on next-gen consoles have been dedicated to helicopter combat simulation, but that is about to change this autumn", said David Oxford, Activision Publishing. "Apache: Air Assault offers fun for diehard military enthusiasts and flight sim fans as well as gamers who just want to blow stuff up."

The game will include an arcade mode with easier controls, a realistic mode with more complex controls and a local co-op campaign mode. There will also be support for online multiplayer matches of Team Deathmatch, Ground Attack, Capture the LZ, and Ground Strike."

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Zatoichi_Sanjuro; 07-15-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Prop-on-roof game don't count as sequel to BoP. That's bugs.

Edit: Thanks for posting Zatoichi.

Last edited by McQ59; 07-15-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ac...he-air-assault

Looks like I forgot to factor in using the game engine for a different game when I said inevitable sequel to BoP.

"The game will include more than 16 multi-stage missions with both air and ground operations set off the coast of Africa, the mountains of the Middle East and the jungles of Central America, according to the release.

"No games on next-gen consoles have been dedicated to helicopter combat simulation, but that is about to change this autumn", said David Oxford, Activision Publishing. "Apache: Air Assault offers fun for diehard military enthusiasts and flight sim fans as well as gamers who just want to blow stuff up."

The game will include an arcade mode with easier controls, a realistic mode with more complex controls and a local co-op campaign mode. There will also be support for online multiplayer matches of Team Deathmatch, Ground Attack, Capture the LZ, and Ground Strike."
hello

thanks for the new zatoichi
Old 07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
Prop-on-roof game don't count as sequel to BoP. That's bugs.
heh, I ment that the cost of creating the BoP engine ment they would have to make a sequel since it's cheaper to make and the first one did quite well. I forgot they could just use the engine for a different game.

It sounds an awful lot like BoP too. Arcade and Realistic settings (Sim mode wasn't even going to be in BoP originally.) Capture the LZ and Ground Strike mulitplayer modes...
Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Cool news in my books. I just hope it has some city stages so I can swoop round all Blue Thunder
Old 07-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Wow that is killer thanks for the post.

Quote:
On top of that there's a local co-operative Campaign Mode where you and a friend can act as pilot and co-pilot in the same Apache, and there are Team Deathmatch, Ground Attack, Capture the LZ and Ground Strike online multiplayer modes.

Now that sounds fun!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
Cool news in my books. I just hope it has some city stages so I can swoop round all Blue Thunder
I want to be Nic Cage, I will wear an eyepatch and everything!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
Go Roy Schneider. I've got that on DVD one of my all time favorite movies.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...r_for_Apa.html

Since Autumn is more Europe language when is Autumn? Our (US) Fall?

Quote:
Apache: Air Assault features more than 16 multi-stage missions involving air and ground strike operations off the coast of Africa, the mountains of the Middle East and the jungles of Central America, each meticulously created using high resolution map data from real-world satellite photography. Apache helicopters are some of the most sophisticated combat aircraft on the planet – the player gets to fly multiple variations of them, each with their own extreme firepower and highly-detailed damage modeling.

Last edited by trk29; 07-17-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balderz002 View Post
I want to be Nic Cage, I will wear an eyepatch and everything!
Oh god! I haven't seen that film in ages.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
OP: Second image is not there.
Fixed.

Some of the trees and textures look like they're from BoP's engine. But the water reflections are new? At least I never noticed it in BoP.