Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for unlocking this thread Nike-it.

Wheelsup
Old 03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

Can someone please tell me when it was decided by Russia to design and send over this beautiful monument. I would really like the know the whole story, from the first thought up to the delivery here in the states.
I would also like to know why this monument was placed in such an obscure spot. Not only is the monument in a not very high profile place, but not even our own media reported on this. How many people who don't know about this monument will just happen across it? I am an American, an All American (82nd ABN) in fact, and this is one of those times where I am really upset how America handled this.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

Choctaw, maybe we should send this link to our local newspapers, or TV stations?
Flyby out
Old 03-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99th_Flyby View Post
Choctaw, maybe we should send this link to our local newspapers, or TV stations?
Flyby out
That's not a bad idea actually. I still wonder how this could have been so secret.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw111 View Post
That's not a bad idea actually. I still wonder how this could have been so secret.
well I'm not too surprised at our (American) media. Personally, I think the lack of coverage would be shameful, if true. I always wondered why the (broadcast) media has to play background music for those "touching" stories. I always wondered why the media uses the terms "drama", and "dramatic" to describe real life situations when drama is more a term of theater. I googled the definition:
http://www.google.com/search?q=defin...ient=firefox-a
not a mention of real life events among the definitions I checked. Well, that's my anti-media rant.
Flyby out
Old 03-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Tvrdi

ahh USA, Russia, Japan, G. Britains mutually "love"....ehmm....I wont type anything on that topic because they would delete my post or lock the tread.....its always the "big boys" victims, glory and glorification....small "suckers" and "enemies of the modern era and democracy" (cuba, irak, afghanistan, cecenia, tibetans...etc...maybe even we in smaller countries in europe)....who cares for their and our victims?...deads....you just dont give a f....k...... Ill tell you....i have friends in the usa, GB....france....nice ppl.....but one word for their governments is - cynicism and other - hypocracy...and so many ppl from those countries buy that shit....

on topic: its nice that they built that monument...I can always support that if they were honest....but with what intentions monument is built?....who decided? ppl or government? With what purpose or goal? To make some political points ofcourse....yesterday, demonized eachothers - today "big friends" and "mindful brothers"...what a cinical world....i can puke

Last edited by Tvrdi; 03-27-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
ahh USA, Russia, Japan, G. Britains mutually "love"....ehmm....I wont type anything on that topic because they would delete my post or lock the tread.....its always the "big boys" victims, glory and glorification....small "suckers" and "enemies of the modern era and democracy" (cuba, irak, afghanistan, cecenia, tibetans...etc...maybe even we in smaller countries in europe)....who cares for their and our victims?...deads....you just dont give a f....k...... Ill tell you....i have friends in the usa, GB....france....nice ppl.....but one word for their governments is - cynicism and other - hypocracy...and so many ppl from those countries buy that shit....

on topic: its nice that they built that monument...I can always support that if they were honest....but with what intentions monument is built?....who decided? ppl or government? With what purpose or goal? To make some political points ofcourse....yesterday, demonized eachothers - today "big friends" and "mindful brothers"...what a cinical world....i can puke
LOL!!! Tvrdi you crack me up. "what a cinical world....i can puke" :LOL" That says it all doesn't it? Politics the world over breeds cynics, my good man. In the USA people are daily showing their disgust for the politicians who fake indignation about executive bonuses while companies lay off thousands, and banks need the lowly tax payer to bail them out. A story ran today that listed the names of blood-sucking politicians who screamed contempt at the banks, but took money from them all the while. I'd like to see those politicians give that money back. Yes, they are hypocrites. The worst sort. Democrat and Republican politicians. All scum as far as I'm concerned. And yes a lot of people believe the drivel these politicians spew, even while they are being bled dry. Always eager to believe the next promise given at re-election time. Bah!
I say let's unite the people of the world to puke on all politicians. Maybe even have an Earth_Puke day celebration where we pull our leaders into the streets and let them run the gauntlets of puking citizens. Maybe even have a projectile hurling contest to see who can puke on a politician from the farthest away. Would the winner use indirect fire? Maybe an arcing hurl?
btw don't think people don't care about the smaller countries. We do, but mostly people are just looking after themselves where ever they are. Politicians are the ones who don't give a darn. That makes them perfect targets for burning-hot streams of puke. Don't you think?
Flyby out

Last edited by Flyby; 03-28-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Approved Member

Thanks Nike..

This was int he newsd.. it was just so... low key.. anyway I think it is such a beautiful monument... IMO it should have been publicized more... it probably wasn't because we still have yet to get ours up but to not even give this much shrift... smacks of all that was wrong in the previous administration. (Not that I said.. all that was wrong in the administration... NOT all in the administration was wrong..)
Old 03-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Hmm

Why no nation wide or even world wide news ??

In a word !!

Embarrassment