Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Too bad.
Just to clarify, it's more than just anti-piracy although anti-piracy is very important these days (especially with all the people complaining about the measly $5 to buy a plane)

Online means they are able to fix minor career bugs day by day without needing to do a full test and release cycle of a patch.

It also means that your careers are partially linked with the careers of other players.

In the squadron room, you can see other pilots and their squadron's status, you can compare how well you lead your squadron to theirs.

Also being online works as an anti-cheating measure, because there is a comparison of scores etc for those who care about that.

Offline you can still play:
-single missions
-quick mission generator
-the 3 static campaigns

It's only career and multiplayer you need be online for.

Note if you lose your connection in a career mission, you don't lose progress. It gives you a warning and you can still go and land etc and it will update when your connection comes back.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

It's a question of principles for me. I don't like that approach, not one bit. Which is why I said too bad.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 159th_Jester View Post
Use the date/ year sliders at the top of the career start screen to select a later date. Select a squadron flying one of the default planes. Go fly.

Easy as that.
Cheers!

Oh! I tried but I guess I didn't far enough forward. Luckly I already had a Endercker so I could start the german campaign.

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 06-09-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

i dont know whn the first Albatros DVa or SPAD13 campaign is available.
but here you you can find timeframes for the RoF aircraft :
http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewto...p?f=49&t=14205
Old 06-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Sternjaeger

I don't think anybody here is saying that RoF is better guys..

I still have faith that Luthier and co will get things right in the end, but check out how thorough and clear the roadmap is on the patches and what not. I'm sure that the RoF example is a precious testbed for the guys at Maddox, and still we're talking about two different but somehow similar products.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
I don't think anybody here is saying that RoF is better guys..

I still have faith that Luthier and co will get things right in the end, but check out how thorough and clear the roadmap is on the patches and what not. I'm sure that the RoF example is a precious testbed for the guys at Maddox, and still we're talking about two different but somehow similar products.
Oh well, quite a few people said it (maybe not so bluntly) and I agree. If you have at least a slight interest in WWI aviation and are looking for a working product, RoF is the sim of choice and the better product currently.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Cheers!

Oh! I tried but I guess I didn't far enough forward. Luckly I already had a Endercker so I could start the german campaign.

It won't be too long before you run into a problem there I'm afraid mate. By late 1916/ early 1917 I think all the Jastas have changed over to Albatros DII and DIII's. When you get to that point you will most likely get an error message saying you don't own that plane.

I'm not sure what planes the free to play download has (is it the Spad XIII and Albatros DVa?)

I haven't checked the availablity of the DVa on the German side but I think you'll find the Spad XIII in French and US squadrons from about mid/late 1918.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Huetz View Post
Oh well, quite a few people said it (maybe not so bluntly) and I agree. If you have at least a slight interest in WWI aviation and are looking for a working product, RoF is the sim of choice and the better product currently.

Currently, yes. But I think we need to give Luthier and his team credit for their abilities. It's going to take time for CoD to fulfill its potential, but I have every faith that at some stage it will do just that.

If you look at the initial release version and the current patch version, they've already acomplished a lot.

I would hope that given time, both RoF and CoD will both be seen as truly great flight sims.

I don't think CoD will be better than RoF at any stage...... But I do think it will be as good without doubt. I will admit, I prefer RoF. But that is simply my personal preference.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

I hope CoD will get as far as RoF already did. Both sims are not competing against each other (WW1 - WW2). But at the moment I can only fly RoF without stutters and bugs.
BTW, what me disappointed most with CoD: the arcade style take offs and landings. When this is adressed, I will surely looking forward to fly traffic patterns at least

Last edited by lion737; 06-10-2011 at 08:43 AM.