Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Congrats Bravissimo. Prepare for Sicily now
Old 10-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

OK, some people suggest to switch from Arcade to Realistic or Sim. But how can I do this? I have only Arcade mode and I cannot switch it. What am I missing?
Old 10-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripweed62 View Post
OK, some people suggest to switch from Arcade to Realistic or Sim. But how can I do this? I have only Arcade mode and I cannot switch it. What am I missing?
You'll have to complete the tutorials for Realistic and Sim.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Ok, thanks!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

Default Hornts nest solved

Greetings all.

My first post on the forum.
Wish to thank all for the posts regarding solving the Hornets nest mission.

I struggled with this in arcade mode for long.
Switched to realistic and solved it on the 2nd attempt.

Shot down some 4 or 5 JU, avoided the 109s and finally took out 1 ground object.... MISSION COMPLETED

I am ready for more....
Old 11-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC Subaru View Post
OK…this post (and others) have gotten my attention…there must be something “different” you need to do to make this campaign easy…I had to shoot down almost every bomber – the AI wingmen were useless! Why is maxqubit’s mission so easy????? Why are his wingmen so strong and he only has to kill a few bombers (“only had 1-2 lucky take-downs”)…I did this campaign in arcade and it seemed much harder then all the other campaigns…maybe doing it in SIM (or realistic) is easier because the AI wingmen do all the work? Just a thought, but I have noticed the people who did it in SIM mode say it is “no problem” while the arcade mode seems so difficult…could it be a glitch?
I think it could be a glitch indeed.
I first went thru campain and single missions in realistic mode and had alot of trouble with a few levels (this one included), got stuck on em big time, some even for a few days, to finally succeed the missions without having done anything specific or different from my previous attemps, to my knowledje. Sure feels good to finally get the msg "mission completed" after being stuck on something for so long, but kinda feels weird when u have absolutly no clue on what u did right this time around u kno.

Now I'm at the point where i've finished campaign and almost done with single missions in som mode, the only ones remaining giving me the same trouble i had in realistic mode... so instead of cussing at friendly a.i. for days being stuck on the same missions, i just put them aside until patch come in, cause i'm pretty sure this has to do with a bug in a.i.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philabong2 View Post
I think it could be a glitch indeed.
I first went thru campain and single missions in realistic mode and had alot of trouble with a few levels (this one included), got stuck on em big time, some even for a few days, to finally succeed the missions without having done anything specific or different from my previous attemps, to my knowledje. Sure feels good to finally get the msg "mission completed" after being stuck on something for so long, but kinda feels weird when u have absolutly no clue on what u did right this time around u kno.

Now I'm at the point where i've finished campaign and almost done with single missions in som mode, the only ones remaining giving me the same trouble i had in realistic mode... so instead of cussing at friendly a.i. for days being stuck on the same missions, i just put them aside until patch come in, cause i'm pretty sure this has to do with a bug in a.i.
I don't think it's a bug. Almost every mission on Arcade requires you to take out more targets (i.e. all tanks, all planes, etc), but it's doable since, well, it's Arcade. On Realistic they lowered this number. You only have to destroy x% of the targets, instead of all of them. In Hornet's Nest there's so much targets it makes Arcade very hard to complete, while on Realistic you only need that x% and the mission is complete.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
I don't think it's a bug. Almost every mission on Arcade requires you to take out more targets (i.e. all tanks, all planes, etc), but it's doable since, well, it's Arcade. On Realistic they lowered this number. You only have to destroy x% of the targets, instead of all of them. In Hornet's Nest there's so much targets it makes Arcade very hard to complete, while on Realistic you only need that x% and the mission is complete.
yeah but it sure is weird to run out of time in some missions after having shot x number of primary target, try it again a few times, and then succeed after shooting down half that number...

They say there will b an friendly/enemy a.i. "upgrade" or something in the patch, so im pretty sure this will cover these kinds of issues: where in some random missions ur wingmen cant seem to b able to do squat, and in others they do pretty much all the work for ya...
Old 11-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philabong2 View Post
yeah but it sure is weird to run out of time in some missions after having shot x number of primary target, try it again a few times, and then succeed after shooting down half that number...

They say there will b an friendly/enemy a.i. "upgrade" or something in the patch, so im pretty sure this will cover these kinds of issues: where in some random missions ur wingmen cant seem to b able to do squat, and in others they do pretty much all the work for ya...
All those tries on Realistic/Sim? 'Cause that does sound like a glitch.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
All those tries on Realistic/Sim? 'Cause that does sound like a glitch.
yup, never even gave arcade a try
like i said, i got through campaign and sm in realistic despite these "glitches", but in sim, i just didnt find the patience to give 'em those 10+ tries to finally succeed without having done anything different, thought i'd do them once the patch arrives