Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

Default So Disapointed after all the patches

Im not having a dig, i just thought id give it another go
So, just decided to install this game again,
While my game ran fine the patch befor this Patch, nearly maxed out, Its now no go with this latest patch.
my game now runs as bad as when i first downloaded it from steam
Lagy, stutters all over, no crash damage, sound problems, no full screen, shimering trees are still there
And as much as they get fixed in a new patch, they end up breaking more
It makes me wonder just who is working on this game
Anyways time to uninstall again, till the next time, but i wont bank on anything being fixed
Old 07-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

hey Doc,you've got a good rig
i run the game on everything very high with good results
got some stutters close to terrain though but its playable
personally i found this sim excellent and i really enjoy it even with the bugs
the only problem is that we never have news from time to time from the devs and that make's me really sad...
Old 07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Normally I'd say go play another game and we know stuffs is broke but I just reinstalled DCS A10 with my new system after months of not playing it and guess what... It's screwed up to! For me I get bad frames and FF causes the game to CTD. Oh and that ROF game stutters bad with Crossfire enabled.

I'm sick of throwing hardware at the problems of todays games! But moreover, I think its a sign of the PC games slow death. PC games cost too much to make with little audience to fund them. So game makers put out there half ares products hoping more funds come to fix there messes.

Point? Uh I don't have one. But these threads don't either.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Doc, do you run XP or windows7 64?

I run good as well and my PC is almost two years old but I run windows7 64.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEditor View Post
Normally I'd say go play another game and we know stuffs is broke but I just reinstalled DCS A10 with my new system after months of not playing it and guess what... It's screwed up to! For me I get bad frames and FF causes the game to CTD. Oh and that ROF game stutters bad with Crossfire enabled.

I'm sick of throwing hardware at the problems of todays games! But moreover, I think its a sign of the PC games slow death. PC games cost too much to make with little audience to fund them. So game makers put out there half ares products hoping more funds come to fix there messes.

Something is wrong with your rig or rather your windows installation, because with a rig like yours at least RoF, which is very stable by everybody's standards, should run like a dream...
Crucial M4 256GB SSD, WD Raptor 600 GB hard disk
EVGA GTX580 graphics card
HP ZR24W Monitor 1900 X 1200 24"
Thrustmaster Warthog joystick
Saitek Combat rudder pedals
TrackIr 5
Old 07-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEditor View Post

Well that's very strange, because I also have DCS A-10 and RoF and I don't have any of those problems. I also have a 5770 and a G940 so maybe it's something about your crossfire setup.

Why not try one card only and see? If this doesn't work, there's something else amiss software or setupwise I'd say.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

But there have only been two retail patches? I wouldn't get too disapointed yet.

How many retail patches did each of the Microsoft Combat flight sims get in their lifetimes? They were fairly buggy.

Cheers!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

First thing I'd advise anyone with framerate trouble is to lower resolution. 1920x1200 on my system stutters and has framerate drops but 1600x1200 is excellent with most settings on high.

My biggest problem with performance is the input lag when a large number of planes are in the air. Does anyone know if this has been recognized by devs?
Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

Well, Blackdog kt and I were having a little discussion here a while back concerning Sli/Crossfire, and since then I've been reading up more about Sli/Crossfire systems and microstutters, and it's actually not uncommon to have microstutter in dual gpu machines, or at least that's the way it seems. It also seems that the more cards you add to your system, the more likely it is microstutter will occur. This is also the case with dual gpu cards like the 6990 or 590.

The microstutter topic seems to divide opinion pretty sharply among those with dual gpu machines. Some fiercely insist that it's complete nonsense that it even exists, yet others are adamant that microstutter is present almost by default and it's something you have to live with.

All I'll say is that when there is smoke, there is also fire.

Last edited by Rattlehead; 07-18-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

I can run RoF and Dcs A10-c Maxed out, no problems at all, its only since the last patch that ive struggled, with this game
And yes i should be able to play this ok with my rig, so it just go's to show how badly this game is optimized