Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Default 3d vision

supported by NVIDIA 3D Vision ..CLiffs of dover ??

would be great does anybody now ?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

57 views and no replies.
all i can say is :read between the lines. pun intended.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

from what ive heard yes it is "supported"

Every Dx10 game is supported by 3dvision (its simply defined by DX, programmers are not suppsoe to have somethign to do with it).

Tough, the only guy i know who has tried reported the common gunsight bug (common to wings of prey ), meanign everithign will be alright, but you will see 2 gunsights instead of one.... and none will be aiming at the right place.

YEt, this user seemed to be enjoying the experience saying it was really awswome... except off course, when he had too shoot rather than enjoy the view.

hope this answers you

cheers
Old 06-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2k7 View Post
supported by NVIDIA 3D Vision ..CLiffs of dover ??

would be great does anybody now ?
3D Vision works with CLOD with limitations. TrackIR 6dof is vital to bring out the effects.

The first great impression is the effect of looking ahead over the nose of the front cowel, and seeing a huge prop swinging at the front of it. With TrackIR you really get the impression there is a huge motor and prop sitting in front of you. (Single fighter of course.)

The second great impression is the amount of detail in the cockpits. It comes alive with depth as you look around down in the pit. Superb attention to modelling detail.

Then you look around heads up and start to manouver...

Due to incorrect depth processing shadows must be turned off or your eyes will be dazzled. Game icons need to be turned off for the same reason.

Internal cockpit wall reflection effect will dazzle your eyes. I still haven't found how to get rid of this. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31433
If I could rid this one effect I would probably be flying CLOD.

From my study of this problem with all games it appears DirectX9 is 3d friendly. DirectX10 is not 3d friendly. Microsoft state that DirectX11.1 will be 3d friendly. NVIDIA(?)

I am waiting patiently for a fix from the developer(s).

(I flew when IL-2 was first released. I am a patient man.)
i7-3930K@3.2Ghz&H100liquid|ASUSP9X79Deluxe&GTX680/OC|32GBGSkillPC2400|2TBRaid0|Antec1200&1200WTruePo wer|ASUSGV278H-3D|SBX-FiT-Pro|TurtlebeachDPX21|Win7-64U|G-15&G-25|TrackIR5|MSFFB2|CHPROThrottle|SaitekPedals|VRin sightFMyoke-modified,MCPIIBoeingcombo&CDUII|GoFlightThrottle|A rduinoUno&MegaI/F's|SAASseat.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

3D vision is pointless because it reduces your FPS by half most of the time. The game already struggles with FPS so why make it even worse?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

I tried Nvidia's 3D Vision and my take was similar to Brassem's. The cockpit looked spectacular, but I found artefacting outside the cockpit to be distracting and immersion-killing. Frame rates were not an issue on my system. I decided for the time being that 3D Vision with Cliffs of Dover is not yet ready for prime time IMHO.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

I had the old nvidia 3d in il2 and the dots looked like nats, that I wanted to swat at all the time

The fps trade off would be a deal killer for me with the new version.
ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 16gb 1866--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders-MSFF2
Old 06-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

thanks guys ...and yess i know it reduce the framerate but i wil give it a try anyway .
Old 06-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

I thought the crossair was good. I was expecting the 3d drivers to draw the crossair as part of the user interface and put it at 0 depth which is the usual problem that makers you see two crossairs.
What I found was that the crossair was drawn with appropriate depth. It appeared well behind the glass and I was able to aim with it and not see double crossairs.
This surprised me so I played on a bit.
What made me give up was the fact that I couldn't use my 3d software to fine tune it. Most games I have to set up and fine tune the 3d effects... shadows, reflections, post processing, depth, convergence...
But COD wont let me access any of these options and it was too raw as it is.

The RAF tracers look particularly good in 3d. I look forward to the day I can see my spitfires tracers arching into the screen and dancing across the wings of a 109 in depth!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme262 View Post
I thought the crossair was good. I was expecting the 3d drivers to draw the crossair as part of the user interface and put it at 0 depth which is the usual problem that makers you see two crossairs.
What I found was that the crossair was drawn with appropriate depth. It appeared well behind the glass and I was able to aim with it and not see double crossairs.
This surprised me so I played on a bit.
What made me give up was the fact that I couldn't use my 3d software to fine tune it. Most games I have to set up and fine tune the 3d effects... shadows, reflections, post processing, depth, convergence...
But COD wont let me access any of these options and it was too raw as it is.

The RAF tracers look particularly good in 3d. I look forward to the day I can see my spitfires tracers arching into the screen and dancing across the wings of a 109 in depth!
its al about good drivers