Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Old 11-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
Nice video. I see you were zooming in and out smoothly in cockpit view. How did you do that? I can only set my FoV to smamall/medium/large.
I'll get back to you when I'm back on my gaming computer, but it basically involves holding down a joystick button and then zooming in and out with the mouse.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freycinet View Post
I'll get back to you when I'm back on my gaming computer, but it basically involves holding down a joystick button and then zooming in and out with the mouse.
Oh, that's not an option in combat
Why don't we have normal zoom in/out buttons?!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Great video, thanks!

Why was all turning red after you were shot in the leg? Blood on your goggles?

MAC
Old 11-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Reflected, well, I actually think it works nice in combat.

Macademic, Yeah, I was hit. I guess it is meant to simulate partial loss of consciousness, or pain, or some such thing...
Old 11-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

To reflected and others: to get the smooth zooming in/zooming out, you have to go into:

Control options,
Camera,
And set "Hold to adjust view" to whichever button you prefer (keyboard or joystick)

- If you then hold down that button and move your mouse forward or backward it will change the field of view in a gradual way.

It is an ok option to have, but it would be much better if CoD allowed you to set a "zoom in"-button and a "zoom out"-button, as in - for example - RoF.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
And it seems the mechanics did the warming up back in the real BoB...
nice video again, enjoyable to watch ( btw, what are your system specs and detail settings ?)

has this been requested as a feature for BoB ? when i watch your video's i always skip forward over the initial 30% which has the boring wait time. the extensive waiting times for engine warmups at frontline and forward airbases is just not realistic. its a classic case about trying to be "full real" about something that isnt realistic at all.

should be easy enough for luthier to amend, add an option for "allow pit crews to warm engines in correct historical setting" (ex a complete cold start in some situations might be realistic, eg for bombers/fighters going on an offensive mission from a rear base)

a dedicated thread could attract luthiers attention to it, i am sure it wouldnt be difficult or time consuming to amend
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 11-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hey all,

(Click image for vid)

Another little movie from Cliffs of Dover. Flying online this time and scrambling in my Spitfire from Hawkinge. Since the sounds were revamped the engine start-up is even more enjoyable than before. Also the whine of the Bf-109 superchargers as they fly by is just superb. The same cannot be said for my prowess against human opponents, but I'm sure I'll learn, and meanwhile it is lots of fun, even when I'm clobbered! ...

Enjoy this one, and as always, comments very welcome!

Cheers,
Freycinet

----------

Here are my previous CoD movies:
http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwDOTda...1CBC682E928D2A

(Click images for vids)
Nice, pretty too.
Ta!

Flying online as Setback.