Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

Default 'limited activations'

I just purchased the hard-copy disc from Amazon of Men Of War Assault Squad/Vietnam, and I have only now come to find that the game has a 'limited activation' sequence... With the PC I have now, I often have to reconfigure settings and do system reboots, as to operations to protect the security of the files within. Because of that, I'll probably be using these 'limited activations' up within the year...

So tell me, is there any way to gain more activations, or will I just have to deal with the fact that the disc is going to become nothing more than a bad paperweight and have to just download the game from pirate bay (yes, the limited activation idea isn't worth a shit. People pirate it anyway, and it makes being an honest customer like I was stupid). Then again, it isn't pirating if you've already paid for the product. The game package set me back a good $29.90 or so.

So after installing this game three times, I'm done for. Is that correct? Or is there someone I can contact for either unlimited or extra serial keys? I'm not buying more of them, I don't have that kind of money to just blow away.

Is there some way to deactivate it and refund an activation through the software prior to a system reboot, because I'd much appreciate any information on that if I'm going about uninstalling it.

I'm saying all of this because I'm just going to be really pissed off when my legitimate copy doesn't work anymore. Punishing the paying customer is the worst thing that a gaming corporation can do. I had Crysis: Warhead for a while until it's activations ran out. I've been through this stuff long enough, so please, don't question my motives for asking this question, or my morals for anything I've mentioned about pirates. I've got the recipt and my checking account is out the money.

Last edited by Jaybee; 06-12-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

Never heard of seen any mow game having limited activations of any kind, mow is protected by cd key for installation but this cd key is really protecting playing online through gamespy. Once you register this cd key to your gamespy id then its tied to it. If you have some limited activation then it must be some deep deep unheard of service that u got the game from that has this specifically done on games they sell... because men of war games do not have limited activations in retail or on steam/gamersgate etc....

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 06-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Registered Member

It's called activate.actcontrol.net. Does it sound familiar? Or are these just third party assholes who got ahold of the game and marketed it themselves..?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

must be 3rd party stuff

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane