Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

RT= real time?

In some large scale missions, when I was overwhelmed by the micro I used to slow it down. But usually I play in real time.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzaD View Post
RT= real time?
Oh........ im a putz....
Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

If you liked Soldiers, try Red Tide expansion. It is specifically built to the commando-loving micromanagement freaks that loved soldiers. I didn't like it specifically because of the long battles, and because they were so small in scope (+ the retarded lack of ammo for the soldiers and initially a fair share of bugs though not game-breaking in any way).

though I don't think the bugs in the English version have been taken care of (the russian 1 is fine though).
Old 07-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonduus View Post
Thanks a lot. It seems I have not overlooked anything very important in the interface. So the basic problem is probably not the game, but the fact that I am a control freak.

And what you suggest is basically what I am doing: Using slow motion in the early stages of an SP game, refraining from having full control of more than a few units throughout, letting the rest of the guys get killed, hopefully taking a lot of enemies with them - and playing on for recon purposes, even after I have lost a game. The suggestion with return fire is also a good one, I didn't think of that, it may also be useful in SP, I'll have to experiment with this.

Conclusion: The name of this game is situational awareness.
I usually put all my men at hold position, then micro with a few soldiers. This is when i am are attacking.

When u are defending it is much more fun, you gotta micro all over the place, and send reinforcements, move tanks etc.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
If you liked Soldiers, try Red Tide expansion. It is specifically built to the commando-loving micromanagement freaks that loved soldiers. I didn't like it specifically because of the long battles, and because they were so small in scope (+ the retarded lack of ammo for the soldiers and initially a fair share of bugs though not game-breaking in any way).

though I don't think the bugs in the English version have been taken care of (the russian 1 is fine though).
So what they are supposed to carry an ammo truck on their backs. The idea is to pick up ammo as you go.

The major thing wrong with RT (apart from the lack of MP) was the game flow. The game starts with some of the hardest missions and then they get easier as the game progresses. Which is the opposite of how a game should work.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:07 AM
Approved Member

Which Mission in Red Tide is the Red Tide Demo? I played the Demo and it was pretty easy but kinda slow up until you activate hte massive assault and have to take out the mortars or w/e.....i spent like an hour going back and forth trying to find a position to take out some MGs that had me pinned but was unable to......I gave up. Of course that was before I had played 2 seconds of MoW and was working with a crappy default key setup. Anywho if that mission is an idicator for how hard the missions are then dang.....