Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

It really is a sad day, Thanks Luthier for everything you've done for IL2 and the community over the years.
And Clod is simply an amazing feat, a true gem, maybe a little unpolished, but its a gem none the less.

Good Luck for the future, and if you happen to make anymore flight sims, give me a shout, I'll buy it.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

Best of luck mate, and if you have the source code please try to leak it out into the community somewhere because I can't see 777's engine even approaching what you and your team have done here. It's been a turbulent time but we can see now that a lot of the troublemakers just appear to be ROF lovers wanting to stick the knife into something better. Troubles aside, we're having an epic time in COD so thank you at least for that.

May the suits at 1C who pulled the plug meet the famous Russian justice system in the near future.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Thankyou Ilya. Your work has been much appreciated. Good luck to you for the future.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

Best of luck for the future Luthier.

I've had more than my moneys worth from Cliffs of Dover. It's a dreadful shame that it has come to this, as with a couple of more patches I feel it would be the best out there.

By the way, I would pay a lot of money for a good (finished ) Korean war flight sim.

All the best,

Choccy.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

I think the best thing I can say is that this simulator series IL-2 Sturmovik has made this past eleven years a great experience. Even when I went to the Electronics Boutique to buy the original game in November 201 I almost killed myself in that stupid old K car. Someday in the old folks home when we are all in our 80's and 90's in diapers and listening to the Stones, Cream and Led Zeppelin we can remember the days when we flew with AD, Elanski, Pope, Willie, Herr-Spray, Graf, Venny, Aristo, Josh, Freitag..to name only a few.

Thank you Ilya for all of the good times and good luck to you.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Team Oleg.BMP (1.19 MB, 101 views)

Last edited by Richie; 12-12-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Luthier - thank you for all you have contributed to the il2 series. It has given me great enjoyment over a very long period.

All the very best for the future.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for everything, Luthier, I wish you all the best for the future.

Always sad to see somebody leaving like this.

~S~
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

hi luthier,

best wishes for the future and it is an incredible disappointment that 1c did not put in the last 6 months of effort to get BoM out the door, and recover its reputation and improve sales figures

BoB/SoW is an absolutely visionary project with attention to detail that sadly will never be seen again again in a ww2 flightsim. many many sincere thank for trying to persevere for so long to still try and get it finished and fixed under very difficult circumstances in the last 18 months

the 1c management must be totally bonkers to kill the project off now the main problems have just been solved in the last few months. if they were insistent in making more money from it in the short term they could have made the SDK and drivable vehicle components a payware addon element, and it would have created more breathing space.

i wish you all the best, and many thanks again for your massive effort to still try and get it finished while incompetent senior management kept limiting your options on how to proceed
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for all your efforts, Luthier.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Ilya, thank you for all your efforts on the IL-2 series. Good luck with new ventures.
Closed Thread