Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

Default Quitters on il-2 sturmovik birds of prey

I am getting really tired of players quitting during games. It seems to be getting worse. I Can't remember it being this bad before. I used to play long games and they were great but players started quitting after just five minutes if they thought they were going to lose. I then started shorter games but its just as bad. I'm getting so frustrated with the whole thing I'm considering putting the game back in it's box. I really don't want to because I love playing B.O.P. It seems the worst culprits are Russians French and Italians why I don't know but it always seems so. Players from the U.S. are far better at hanging in until the games ends. I'm in Europe by the way just in case you think I'm being unfair. I was thinking of posting names as a kind of "name and shame" but not sure if that's the right thing to do. I would love some feedback from other gamers with suggestions or feedback on this serious problem.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

It happens. If it really bothers you, the only thing you can do is find a bunch of regulars on here, for whatever game mode you play, and just play with them.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Yes I have a few buddies that I play online with but its difficult to meet them on a regular basis due to timezone variations. You are exactly right the only way it seems is to just have your own group of players together. Its a shame.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

It depends on which side quits. If its my own team I dont mind as I don't mind losing and enjoy the challenge when odds are stacked but I hate it when other team quit as it means I will pull back to even the odds a bit. I hate flying round doing nothing till the game ends.

If it's a host that quits then that's blacklist and I avoid his games
Old 10-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

Sadly it's one of those none of us can control. But admit there are the persistent offenders across all three modes, normally the scoreboard whores who think by quitting it won't effect them. As DK says, black list them. Add them to your block list and provided your hosting they won't be able to get in. And agree with Zatoichi get a good group of regular friends, fly together, understand each other- in essence get the squadron effect. Then go hunting!!!!

Last edited by Gilly; 10-22-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Spel chequer knot wurking proper
Old 10-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

I wish I had not found out about the people continually quiting the missions. For the longest time I have thought it was a problem with my ps3 or internet (I was able to put up with that). Thanks to this thread I clearly recognize, it is the same fliers and it occurs right before the game ends. The best we can do is look for a game hosted by someone who will be there at the end. I don't mind taking a beating here and their and really enjoy the real winners that let the missions conclude!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

If your on PSN Irish, feel free to add me and I'll fly with you, I never quit, I've been hammered more times than I care to remember, but I'll never quit. I'm from England, so we're the same timezone
Old 10-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Gilly thanks a million I didn't know I could block players from my games. i'm going to have a look at that this evening. This could help me big time. I'll let you know how I get on.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

That the great thing about player matches on the 360. No stats = no stat whores = no quiters.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 10-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

thanks house md 221b i'll add you to my friends list tonight