Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 11-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Registered Member

Default Bagaba and his annoying brothers

I have completed 4 frog related quests in the Marshan swamps:
Subdue Bagaba
Enthrallment of Bogis
Dirty Butory
Bogis' problem
They all show completed, but there is still a quest flag flying over Bagaba the middle brother, but he is not offering any other quests. Any clues anybody? Truly I am ready to kill all these frogs at this point.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:32 AM
Approved Member

I don't know if this will help you, but an interesting thing happened to me, when I solved the frog quests. When I was solving Bogis' Problem, I went to Bagaba and told him that I am going to tell the eldest frogus (I forget his name), but then I went directly back to Bogis and it completed the quest. Having done this I went to the eldest frogus and told him that I am sick of the frogus' squabbles and I am going to make him fly King Mark's flag and I did that (after a fight). Then I went to each frogus and told them to fly King Mark's flag. What is interesting is that the status of my quest "Bogis' Problem" changed from solved to failed after I did this.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:14 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the tip didn't know about this, what is reward if you make them all fly king's flag?
Old 11-20-2008, 05:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
Thanks for the tip didn't know about this, what is reward if you make them all fly king's flag?
As far as I can ascertain, there is no in-game reward for this (IIRC making them fly king's flag does not show as a quest), though the satisfaction of pacifying the froguses was reward enough for me! Bogis is actually happy about flying the king's flag rather than that of his brothers and Bagaba acquiesces without a further fight (he was already defeated in the quest to make him fly his elder brother's flag after all) - the only fight involved is with the eldest brother.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

and you've got one more easy fight if you need them a lot for some items (especially Pain Skull^^)
Old 11-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

It is too late to go back and make 'em fly the Kings flag (way to much replay) but if I play again I will keep that in mind. But basically no one knows why Bagaba still has a quest flag?
Old 11-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

I just wonder if this would not damage the strategy of some players who like royal snakes, as based on my experience the eldest frogus had thousands of them (and some other cool units as bonus too, like red beholders etc.)
And I am afraid that by defeatin this bogus would make his castle empty, wouldn't it?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nikita1 View Post
But basically no one knows why Bagaba still has a quest flag?
Propably you have to visit oldest brother (forgot the name, near alchemist shop) once more time to get final acceptance (this was open quest for me also long time...).

Wenla
Old 11-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenla View Post
Propably you have to visit oldest brother (forgot the name, near alchemist shop) once more time to get final acceptance (this was open quest for me also long time...).

Wenla
The same problem that the castle signs are "quest" like not " coing/sell" like even as all my frog quests are done I observed very often.

Even if I don't have it documented - I believe that if you do correct the "politics" this won't happen (meaning: near the end - you should carefully decide what you thell whom to avoid miscomunication and then all quests are flagged done in your QUEST journal as well no castle has QUEST signs above his castle)

If you do this visits in wrong order - you can't revert it (only by load) - so no matter with whom you will speak, it is just too late.
It is very similar to old Albion - if you visited someone in specific quest sooner than you should - the king was killed, but if you visited the right people in correct order - the king survived.

NOTE ADD:
I have tested it again and payed attention on the bagaba trial of frong brothers - won both castle battles - raised above each of the 3 houses (1 house, 2 castles) King Mark's flag - all three buildings had "coin" floating above (not quest mark) and in my quest book were all bagaba quests marked as finished / completed
And I could access all three buildings in order to buy/sell (in the house only buy) units/ artefacts.

Last edited by Gatts; 11-24-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatts View Post
NOTE ADD:
I have tested it again and payed attention on the bagaba trial of frong brothers - won both castle battles - raised above each of the 3 houses (1 house, 2 castles) King Mark's flag - all three buildings had "coin" floating above (not quest mark) and in my quest book were all bagaba quests marked as finished / completed
And I could access all three buildings in order to buy/sell (in the house only buy) units/ artefacts.
How to get this?
- 3 houses (1 house, 2 castles) with king's flag
- 3 buildings with coin mark (not quest mark)
- 3 froggy quests marked as finished / completed

Unfortunatelly, Gatts was logged in last time long time ago so... can anyone else confirm this? I am doing these quests in this order:

Squelch (quest: Subdue Bagaba) → Bagaba (attack / Squelch's flag) → Squelch (reward: Subdue Bagaba) →
→ Bagaba (quest: The Enthrallment of Bogis) → Bogis (Bagaba's flag) → Bagaba (reward: The Enthrallment of Bogis) →
→ Bogis (quest: Bogis' Problem) → Squelch (attack / king's flag) → Bagaba (king's flag)* → Bogis (king's flag / reward: Bogis' Problem)

At the moment I am putting king's flag on Bagaba's castle (*) I am getting "failed" mark on previously completed / finished / rewarded The Enthrallment of Bogis quest...
If I omit this (*) step and go directly from Squelch to Bogis I am getting all three quests completed BUT there is still quest mark over Bagaba's castle and no king's flag there.

So... something is wrong here. Anyone tested this again?