Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 08-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Default Cheat Code to Give an Item?

I was using the KBScanner to set up a nice run on my nth run through the game on impossible, and the class 2 intellect ring I was expecting to get from Zombie Noric isn't dropping. Unfortunately, I have the habit of saving over most of my old games, and the oldest one I still have doesn't drop the ring either. (I have read that item rewards can change during the game. Perhaps me getting the Chest of Rage changed my reward to the useless scroll case instead of the ring.

Is there any way to cheat and give myself the item? Or perhaps to give my character the bonus of +3 intellect that I was going to get with the ring after 50 battles? I've checked the forums and can't find any code like that.

Help?

---

Edit: I've pressed on and fought Noric at levels 5-8, and he gives a different item every time! I've seen him give the case, baton, fire necklace, and one other that I forgot. Maybe the ring was only available on level 1, or will come up at a higher level. I'll keep trying and post my findings.

Also, I read in another post on set bonuses that someone said "just give yourself the missing item" or something to that effect. So, was/is there a definite way to give yourself an item?

Last edited by Helios; 08-15-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: More Information
Old 08-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

There is a cheat code that you can use. Open up the console/message system with shift and tilde and then type: item intellect_ring2

Alternatively, you can use the editing feature that the scanner makes available to add the items to shops: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11780

Other item codes:
simple_belt
snake_belt
ogr_belt
steel_band
steel_belt
rune_belt
champion_belt
silber_chain
mage_belt
valor_sign
diplomat_sign
rage_sign
dwarf_beer
mana_potion
rage_potion
mana_well
cook_rat
blood_band
salamander_banner
silver_horn
heroism_banner
gryphon_feather
gryphon_banner
iron_teant
true_belief_banner
officer_baton
colonel_baton
general_baton
marshal_baton
nephrite_belt
luck_belt
chief_belt
monk_belt
round_shield
dragonslayer_shield
shield
big_shield
guard_shield
knight_shield
battle_shield
horseman_shield
paladin_shield
wheel_shield
rahha_shield
giant_shield
mirror_shield
simple_helm
horn_helm
full_helm
wizard_hat
battlemage_helm
tournament_helm
commander_helm
pandemonik_mask
pandemonik_face
prismatic_helm
clay_plate
straw_hat
dwarf_helm
elf_crown
blackthorn_crown
concentration_bandage
knightly_boots
snake_boots
old_boots
boots
high_boots
light_boots
thorn_boots
mystic_boots
wing_wind
palmer_boots
steel_boots
ogr_sandal
jackboots
kerian_boots
mifril_boots
leather_armor
werewolf_skin
wizard_cloak
wizard_cape
wizard_mantle
silver_armor
chain
armor
easy_armor
charmed_armor
sun_cloak
dwarf_armor
shadow_cloac
scaly_armor
snake_ring
royal_snake_ring
intellect_ring1
intellect_ring2
bronze_ring
silver_ring
gold_ring
storm_eye
flame_necklace
storm_necklace
rage_predator
dead_skull
skull_karrah
pain_skull
cyclop_eye
teeth_dragon
necklace_dragon_power
ancient_amulet
picture_inspirit
picture_terror
picture_magic
iron_will_necklace
vampire_ring
beast_rage_book
tactical_manual
telescopic_sight
ale_barrel
scroll_bag
druid_staff
greatdruid_staff
road_staff
disciple_staff
adept_staff
arhmage_staff
knight_sword
assassin_dagger
simple_sword
rune_sword
simple_training_sword
dark_sword
equilibrium_sword
light_sword
elven_bow
silver_rapier
rage_spear
ogre_club
sentence_dagger
battle_hammer
drill
hammer_kingtorn
shield_mifril
rage_blade
sword_dragonslayer
demetrios1
demetrios2
demetrios3
crag_axe
kerus_sword
battle_axe

Codes totally stolen from myloveiselva's post at http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?page...=16454&snA=100
Old 08-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

Wow, thanks a million for the codes and the tip that one can edit savegame files with the scanner!

The latter will make for some fun combinations to add the set items to shops so I have to pay for them, not just cheat, and make other items appear that will make my upcoming race-based runs (Human-only, undead only, etc.) a lot less frustrating! It looks like with save editing that I could even add some of the hard to find troops like Cursed Ghosts a lot earlier to have pure race-based runs, too.

I didn't realize the implications of how much could be edited when I downloaded the scanner!

Thanks for the exponential increase of fun to my additional playthroughs of the game! You made my day!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Registered Member

No problem. I had already been looking for this information myself, so when I saw that you had posted the question I figured I'd share my new wealth of knowledge.

Last edited by The Wealthy Aardvark; 08-17-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:46 AM
Approved Member

Well, thanks for sharing! I've been playing around with editing, having awakened my inner hacker, and it seems pretty easy to use the Scanner's report to edit a save file. It appears that everything is open to change quite easily, including character skills, runes, spellbook, army, etc.--though I'm only interested in the items/units/spells for the sake of saving my time from uncountable game restarts until I got an ideal game from the Scanner. I'm not interested in completely breaking the balance of the game and removing all challenge. Now, even an all-Orc army is possible from the beginning.

It stinks that lots of the items, units, and spells have different names in the save file than in the report, but they can all be deduced easily enough with some time and effort. Another small obstacle is finding specific buildings in the save file, since they aren't named clearly (or at all). I'll make it a project to get a list than equates the two files to make editing easier. And I may as well share it on the forums if fellow editors come along!

The starting castle in Greenwort (Castle Kronberg) and other dwellings that change inventories and troops seem to be a bit trickier to edit than other places since they have extra checks for quest completions, title promotions, and another layer for checking the troops on top of that to set the items and spells currently available, but it all seems open to my level of understanding to completely tailor a game to oneself. Editing Kronberg in the middle of a game seems to be a bit above my head right now, since it seems that the game may only check for promotion at the time it is bestowed, and not again until the next one. (Or I'm just doing something wrong. Too many variables right now.) But I've succeeded in changing around simpler locations already. All in due time!

Strangely, I can't find any trace of Noric in the save file (he's currently giving me the Cyclops Eye, but there's no cyclop_eye in my save file. Since the Scanner can't foretell past his level 1 item, I'm wondering if it's even possible to find. I guess it doesn't matter to me now, though!

It sure will be nice to reduce on my racial playthroughs to deposit occasional troops that I'm using at each continent!

Thanks again! I wouldn't have thought to look in the AP forums for the editor!

Edit: I tried fighting Noric on every level from level 4 up to 29, and he changed the item he dropped every level or every few levels, cycling between the cyclops eye, the scroll case, the baton, and finally settling on the fire necklace for the final five levels. All I can say in hindsight is, if you use the Scanner, don't count on him to drop what he says he will! I never saw the Intellect Ring in all the test battles.

Last edited by Helios; 09-03-2011 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Game Complete
Old 09-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

At what levels did he drop the Baton for you ? I really don't feel like killing him umpteen times to find out myself ^^
Old 09-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

Hmm. Crap. I don't remember the specific levels, but it was something like every third or fourth level, and he stopped dropping it before the 20s, I think. I also have suspicions that what set of items he can drop changes every game or might (doubtful?) drop based on your class.

I was getting regalia every time with my current Warrior and some that were never presented to the Paladin: Heroism Banner; but regalia and artifacts with my Paladin in this thread. I know he dropped the baton on level 9 for me currently. I got tired of killing him too, (only takes 10 minutes or so depending on where you are when you level up, but still out of the way) and snatched the baton this time.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:55 AM
Approved Member

Hey, can you help me edit my game ? I found out that the Necromancer's Tower that has my Telescopic Sight is the one that only lets you trade after you finished his quest to bring him Red Dragon Eggs and by all means, they're impossible to get without fighting the Dragon troops there and the place is too crowded even bother kiting 2 or 3 troops at the same time.

I tried those codes and it only works on a few and sadly also:

item telescopic_sight

doesn't give me the item. The chatbox opens, I type it and nothing is in my inventory or equipment slot.

Can you check if it works for you and if not, do you know what the name of the code is that the item relates to ? I'm too far advanced in the game to just crop it now...

€dit: seems like there was a problem with the first slot in the inventory. I had to remove Fandor's Map from the first position of the inventory, close the hero screen and open it again and there it was. I decided not to delete my post in case someone runs into the same problem with a few items. I noticed it does the same thing for other items, too.

Last edited by Vulture; 09-27-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 AM
Approved Member

Just a moment. The code works for me, depositing the sight in my inventory. I'll write up a short walkthrough of editing.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

Tell me the name of an item for sale in your game that you haven't bought, (and obviously at a store you have access to). I'll need that to describe the process precisely.