Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

Default Some newbie questions

I've been enjoying my first time through this new-to-me game (I enjoyed EA's "King's Bounty" on the Sega Genesis, back when there was still a Sega Genesis) and I'm looking forward to Armored Princess and Crossworlds.

However, I've got some questions as to just exactly how some things work; the transliterated Russian fan manual leaves me still wondering about some of the mechanics.

- (And I asked this in another thread, but was never answered.) If I was picking up evilns off the ground in Ellinia before I knew what they were, and only later got the Egnum quest, do more of them re-spawn or am I out of luck?

- Is it normal to get multiple duplicate copies of a LOT of the gear? (I have:
two of the Boots of the Snake (+2 speed & initiative to Royal Snakes is great, but I wouldn't mind having, you know, other things...),
two of the Wind Wings,
THREE of the Jackboots (obviously I cannot get +3 to speed of pirates & robbers),
two Combatting Hammers (+3 attack, +3 more attack for Dwarves) {and that is in addition to the quest reward of Hammer of the King from Tom Digor},
two Swords of the Dragon Slayer {one from the tournament},
two Staff of the Marshal (which, honestly, is really nice with Inquisitors at +2 morale--and I have not yet tried Knights, since I just recently got Teleport, but I look forward to them as well--but again, it would be nice to have, well, other stuff)...
The list just seems to go on and on. Two copies of several of the armors, too.)

- How, exactly, do the "+XX% attack" adders work? (Like Staff of the Great Druid, or Sword of the Dragon Slayer.) Since some of them--Dragon Slayer--only work against particular creatures, I cannot see the Attack value on my army just by inspecting them. Staff of the Great Druid I can check by bringing it into and out of being equipped.

- Likewise, if I'm using both of my Combatting Hammers with, say, Cannoneers, and then equip the Telescopic Sight artifact: does their attack go up
30 (base creature)
+ 13 <character Attack value, call it thirteen>
+3 (+3) (first hammer)
+3 (+3) (second hammer)
== 55...
and then just what, exactly, gets doubled by the Sight? Just the 30 base (which is what happens with Staff of the Great Druid, at 50%), or the whole 55?

Anyhow. Very much enjoying the game, and thanks for all your help!

Robert
Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuiMienLung View Post

- (And I asked this in another thread, but was never answered.) If I was picking up evilns off the ground in Ellinia before I knew what they were, and only later got the Egnum quest, do more of them re-spawn or am I out of luck?

From what i know they don't respawn.

- Is it normal to get multiple duplicate copies of a LOT of the gear? (I have:
two of the Boots of the Snake (+2 speed & initiative to Royal Snakes is great, but I wouldn't mind having, you know, other things...),
two of the Wind Wings,
THREE of the Jackboots (obviously I cannot get +3 to speed of pirates & robbers),
two Combatting Hammers (+3 attack, +3 more attack for Dwarves) {and that is in addition to the quest reward of Hammer of the King from Tom Digor},
two Swords of the Dragon Slayer {one from the tournament},
two Staff of the Marshal (which, honestly, is really nice with Inquisitors at +2 morale--and I have not yet tried Knights, since I just recently got Teleport, but I look forward to them as well--but again, it would be nice to have, well, other stuff)...
The list just seems to go on and on. Two copies of several of the armors, too.)

The game generates the items randomly when the game starts but the items you get as reward from quests are the same in every games. So if the items generated randomly coincide with the items from quest rewards you will have alot of duplicates.

- How, exactly, do the "+XX% attack" adders work? (Like Staff of the Great Druid, or Sword of the Dragon Slayer.) Since some of them--Dragon Slayer--only work against particular creatures, I cannot see the Attack value on my army just by inspecting them. Staff of the Great Druid I can check by bringing it into and out of being equipped.

- Likewise, if I'm using both of my Combatting Hammers with, say, Cannoneers, and then equip the Telescopic Sight artifact: does their attack go up
30 (base creature)
+ 13 <character Attack value, call it thirteen>
+3 (+3) (first hammer)
+3 (+3) (second hammer)
== 55...
and then just what, exactly, gets doubled by the Sight? Just the 30 base (which is what happens with Staff of the Great Druid, at 50%), or the whole 55?

The bonuses for troops are applied to their base stats .

A bowman from a hero with 0 attack

.16 attack
.(with telescopic sight he will have) 32 attack

A bowman from a hero with 2 attack

.18 attack
.(with telescopic sight he will have) 34 attack

Hope this helped you .
Old 01-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Very much so, thanks!

One more question: is there a way to force Feonora to go froggie-form, like there is with Rina?
(I got her, and then fought my way through a bunch of combats... I got the "hey, we should spawn some kiddies" message but I never got her to switch shape. (And I was really kind of looking forward to the +140% attack for my spider/snake army, with her + the Staff of the Great Druid.))

Last edited by ShuiMienLung; 01-11-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Feanora will change to a frog automatically after every 20 battles you fought .
Old 01-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Great, thanks for clearing that up! I guess I just didn't fight quite as many as I thought I had.

Does she change back automatically, or only when you ask her to?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

You need to talk with her to change back to human form.