Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

I've been meaning to get back over there and read what the guys think of it. Are there a lot of money back seekers ?

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 11-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
I've been meaning to get back over there and read what the guys think of it. Are there a lot of money back seekers ?
No, The response has been overwhelmingly positive.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Example:

Hey guys. I thought I'd give my short 2 cents seeing as I fly high performance piston taildraggers on a daily basis for my job/general enjoyment. Nothing like the 1200 horsepower LaGG, but my forte is Pitts Specials, Piper Pawnees, and Extra 300's, and Super Decathlons.

Ground Handling: You guys hit the nail on the head with how a tailwheel reacts on the ground. Ground looping is a serious concern in any taildragger and you guys made it obvious that the airplane needs to be handled just as carefully on the ground as it does in the air. The way the airplane bounces and reacts to different types of pavement/snow is stunning and it's something I really haven't seen before in any sim. Bravo.

Takeoffs and Landings: Again, perfect interpretation of how a taildragger needs to be paid attention to through all phases of flight, especially the takeoff and landing. There's a certain finesse that no sim has been able to capture. Somehow, someway, you guys did it. The airplane feels heavy on the takeoff roll and it reacts just as a real taildragger should. Bounce and swerve recovery is great. Ground effect handling seems to also be present in the sim and works just the way I thought it should. Landings in a taildragger is an especially difficult process to grab at. You need to be way ahead of the airplane. I noticed in the crosswind mission you guys paid attention to how a taildragger reacts if you aren't lined up correctly when you touch down. If you touch down sideways, it's not going to be pretty. Three point landings with full flaps in a crosswind are BIG no-no's in the types of airplanes I fly, and it's apparent that the developers paid extra attention to this.

There's so much more to talk about, but I don't want this to drag on.

This is simply an amazing sim already. You guys should be proud of what you have made so far.

Thanks,
Jared
Old 11-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
the funniest part was when the RoF-BS sales reps recently announce that those that had prepaid for the game would only be able to play it on Tuesdays during the beta stages (eg it is linked to some server activation control thingy RoF controls, you dont have normal access to pay it whenever you want to yourself)

roflmao, not something they declared when they asked people to hand over their money now, did they ! unsurprisingly people are starting to ask for their money back already
Lol. Still mad as a Badger, Zap? Love it. Keep up the good work!
Old 11-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

In more than ten years of flight sims, I've never seen such a positive and unanimous reaction from the community. Quite incredible. There's hope for us yet.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
In more than ten years of flight sims, I've never seen such a positive and unanimous reaction from the community. Quite incredible. There's hope for us yet.

Well Jason rules with an iron fist over there ...I will certainly give it a try though

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

On Monday evening I'll be firing up my '109F4 and taking it for a spin.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "
Old 11-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Is that car an early version of the famous Triumph Spitfire? Its turning circle is WAY too over-modelled.

Not fair on the 109 pilot IMHO.

Many thanks for posting

Best Regards,
MB_Avro
Old 11-27-2013, 05:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
Example:

Hey guys. I thought I'd give my short 2 cents........
wow, you found some isolated positive anecdote about something completely unrelated (initial impression of ground handling of one of the planes) and we all need to pretend all is good with the surprise neutered beta access from now on because you said so ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward
No, The response has been overwhelmingly positive.
really ? man, have I got a bridge to sell you in NY, its THE buy of the year and i can give you a good price. interested ?

a more honest perspective is from this simhq poll http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ll#Post3854649 where 50% of people indicate they would not have prepaid for the RoF-BS beta access if if their marketing had been honest enough to mention the fact you just get a few hrs per week to try the beta access

THAT is classical bait-and-switch from shonky sales people, and the oldest trick in the book. you market something as being one thing which is enticing, and then you later give them something completely different

and for those that have been asking for their money back as a result ? lol, those same dodgy flawed product sellers are REFUSING to give money back (he probably already bought his new lexus and doesnt want to return to driving his old pinto)
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children

Last edited by zapatista; 11-27-2013 at 07:34 AM.