Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Default Things that make you sad

I don't often get emotional about things but I just saw my favorite film actor get a lifetime achievement at the bafta film awards and it struck me how old and frail he looked. Sir Christopher Lee
I was in tears during his speech and it takes a lot to get me to that.
Edit: also I can't find it in me to shoot my mates on BoP. Playing Ratman, Shadowcorp, Winny and Scotty I can't shoot them. We have been playing since the start and find it hard to shoot u guys

Last edited by dkwookie; 02-14-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

I appreciate the sentiment wookie, but in that last match i missed the tell-tale 109 engine explosions; that i have come to know as your trade mark. Though I know exactly what you mean, i was having that same trouble before xmas. I've known Ratman nearly three years and guys like yourself gilly winne and scotty since the game come out we always had fun and always played fair with each other.
But i do have a solution; turn everyones names off in the hud. Now it's just shooting down another spitfire, 190 or hurricane etc, it's only after i've shot someone down i know who they are, sometime before some peoples firing patterns are very distinctive like yours.
You can always shoot me, no worries no probelms..... plus at least you know i'll bail out.

Last edited by Shadowcorp; 02-14-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

sir christopher lee....what a legend. i grew up watching all his horror flicks on saturday night "chiller theather". that was a local late show that aired. he, boris karloff, vincent price....i owe more mightmare filled nights to them than i care to count. but i would live them all over again too.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

I know what you mean DK, I was quite glad that GT5 came out as it gave me the chance to get away from it. I was even at the stage where if I was persuing a mate I'd let them finish their attack before I'd open up. If only my muira had hispanos....
PS: great few games last night with some good mates. Great to see Kidrock back too!

Last edited by Gilly; 02-14-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

pmsl wookie, gilly ........................ what you mean is you fell sorry for me gettin my ass kicked in team battles and dogfights iJest

shadow my fire pattern is distinctive paaaAAannnnNNNiiiiIIIIIcCCCC fiiiiiire in a fighter anyways lmao

i didnt see Sir christopher lee, its something i dont tune into.

its more animal cruelty that makes me sad having 2 horses, 2 cats a dog and a fish. there is no exuses for it, esp things that are done for science like whaling (commercial) and slaughtering trapped dolphins in coves ect ect ................. its not the days of dynastys and empires seriously, dear meh

oh and being ebullied on IL2 by wookie shadow gilly McQ kav and davedog lollol xx

Last edited by scottyvt4; 02-14-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Cheers Wook.I hate shooting allmy friends as well.I have grown very fond of all my skull bros.As well as others to many to name.Shadow has the plan to kill with a clear concience.Allthough to be completly honest,most of the time my friends are the only ones worth flying against.I feel guilty for killin noobs! ???? go figure that 1! No matter what,where or when you guys are allways considered by me dear friends.Cheer`s boyz!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Call me weird, but I love to shoot my friends LOL.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

The way I look at it is that you want yourself and your friends to be as skilled pilots as you can. You need to practice to get good, and it helps a lot when someone points out the mistakes you make. For example, if I'm playing with random people, they won't tell me where I'm going wrong. But if I fly against friends, they'll say 'you forgot XYZ' whatever, and I'll learn from it.

So shooting friends is fine!