Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

I'll get on a recruitment drive and point them here as it'll be the best place to organise. I'd suggest we re-run the old favourites first off just so everyone can orientate themselves with the general setup and then kick off some new ones.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

WoW! What a response guys

Maybe it's a possibily to kick off a few tomorrow night? BoP'in on saturday nights was a success, and may well be it again. Anyway... I'll be on.

Good idea Gilly. Let's see if the chaps crawl out of the bars&pubs...
Old 02-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

This sort of thing sounds brilliant. The only problem I have with it is that I am certaintly not a sim player, or extraordinarily good. I can hold my own but I'm an arcade player and so I think that what we could do is similar sorts of things on the lower difficulties for the less able of us who still play (I'm not a complete noob).
Old 02-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legendary Spitfire View Post
This sort of thing sounds brilliant. The only problem I have with it is that I am certaintly not a sim player, or extraordinarily good. I can hold my own but I'm an arcade player and so I think that what we could do is similar sorts of things on the lower difficulties for the less able of us who still play (I'm not a complete noob).
Spitfire,

Every simplayer was once in your situation. All it takes is practice practice practice, and the fun shows itself. I must say however there are situations where the game's alternative playing options Arcade and Realistic come in really handy. For instance for someone who doesn't have a suitable TV, or whose eyes don't allow him to look for these tiny blurry movements, or for the novices. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with liking Arcade or Realistic more. But apart from the situations mentioned, anyone can learn to fly in Sim.

MAC
Old 02-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes, as Mac said; all you need is practice. I'd be happy to help out if you want? You have to remember though, that these are't about good players - they're about having fun (and getting me to fly something other than the hurricane or P-51 )

McQ, Do I have you added on PSN?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Congratulations McQ,

on what you've started here! Since you did start, perhaps you should take the lead in this. How about if you work out one weekly scenario and announce it during the week, together with a time? Saturday evening could work out for me, better even a relaxed Sunday afternoons/evenings with BOP.

I also suggest that you ask people to reply to your weekly invitations so it's sure everyone understands what the scenario is. Also, that games should start from the text chat. This ensures questions can be answered, teams assembled and rooms for the appropriate number of players opened which can then fill instantly with the correct players.

MAC
Old 02-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Following on from MAC.
If you want a few simplistic illustrations, or any general help then I'll be happy to oblige.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
MAC puts it brilliant. I'd just like to add that it is a question of setting the ailerons and elevators due to what plane you choose. You are of course welcome to join and have try at it. Take a look at this post by Widar Thule about recomended settings for each plane;

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10262

He gives you the sensitivity data you need.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Signing in, just like old times.
Duxford wing scramble, this time SIM-Mode.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

I'm in sounds fun