Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Approved Member

Yeah it will just stay out of firing range when they land kill them trust me you don't have to land to win a cta
Old 02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

I-153 can be useful but the Po-2 is just so slow and rubbish. By the time you first get to the airfield your opponents have landed on it, captured it and taken off again.

It might be of use in a CTA but there are other planes that are better, like the Spifire XVI which is fast, fairly maneoverable and has about the sam bombload as the Po-2.

P.S. On the subject of free flights, landing next to the Brandenburg Gate is HARD! But worth it! Its even got a little ramp in front of it on the forested side which you can use to jump it.

Last edited by The Legendary Spitfire; 02-07-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
Got to disagree I think the 153 is weakest 1v1 all you have to do is run till your about 2km out then turn and head on repeat over and over it really takes no skill at all many a player has gotten mad at me for winning then challenged me 1v1 against a 153 thinking I would try to turn with them lol they were the easiest games to win run turn gun repeat
You would be surprised. It can out manouver Most planes if used right. I good pilot would counter act that. I have my fair share of kills with it. In 4-4 games on sim its a beast for me.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

It can be dangerous in big games where it can sneak up on you in 1v1 it's a complete joke
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legendary Spitfire View Post
Let me just describe the Po-2 in a few words:
Slow
Weak
Pathetic
It at a push can reach a speed of 300 which any other plane can do without 2 mins of WEP.
It can have a maximum of 300kg of bombs which isn't enough to do anything whatsoever.
It is weak, any other plane can kill it with ease (apart from the bombers, although that depends on the bomber)
Its armanent is purely for show. It starts actually doing some damage with your opponent within 300m. This range is appaling and the aforesaid weakness means that this gun will be unlikely to do anything before it is engulfed in flames.
I think that sums it up.
Does anyone think that this really has a place in the game. Its a biplane!

(PS: They disintegrate when you hit them with rockets)

It's an old plane, first flight actually occoured in the mid 1924, that's why his flying performance might seems inappropriate for ww2. I definetly LOVE this plane, try flying it in CTA ( with one field only to capture ) you will me amazed how many kills you can score bombing landed enemy. I always score more than everybody else while flying that becaue faster planes always too busy to hit each other while i can sneak behind the trees at 140 km/h and land in a sec. Super fun!