Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

Default The Po-2. Pointless or not?

Let me just describe the Po-2 in a few words:
Slow
Weak
Pathetic
It at a push can reach a speed of 300 which any other plane can do without 2 mins of WEP.
It can have a maximum of 300kg of bombs which isn't enough to do anything whatsoever.
It is weak, any other plane can kill it with ease (apart from the bombers, although that depends on the bomber)
Its armanent is purely for show. It starts actually doing some damage with your opponent within 300m. This range is appaling and the aforesaid weakness means that this gun will be unlikely to do anything before it is engulfed in flames.
I think that sums it up.
Does anyone think that this really has a place in the game. Its a biplane!

(PS: They disintegrate when you hit them with rockets)
Old 02-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legendary Spitfire View Post
Let me just describe the Po-2 in a few words:
Slow
Weak
Pathetic
It at a push can reach a speed of 300 which any other plane can do without 2 mins of WEP.
It can have a maximum of 300kg of bombs which isn't enough to do anything whatsoever.
It is weak, any other plane can kill it with ease (apart from the bombers, although that depends on the bomber)
Its armanent is purely for show. It starts actually doing some damage with your opponent within 300m. This range is appaling and the aforesaid weakness means that this gun will be unlikely to do anything before it is engulfed in flames.
I think that sums it up.
Does anyone think that this really has a place in the game. Its a biplane!

(PS: They disintegrate when you hit them with rockets)
If your sneaky enough and your team are good enough to cover you then its handy on CTA
Old 02-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Pointless same with 153 yeah it can turn fast woohoo if your not a complete tard you just run from it then turn around and head on with it its weak it loses head ons 9 out of 10 times
Old 02-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

the Po-2 is just an all around fun plane to fly. Flying information with friends. I got my moneys worth out of the game just with it flying around.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

In the right hands any aircraft (except Arado) including the Po-2 or I-153 can beat an opponent in CTA games. Especially in 1 vs 1 or even 2 vs 1 games with the odds stacked.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Approved Member

they are fun for beach parties ( free flights with landing everywhere on the map ), are decent in CTA, even had had an all PO2 dogfight one night.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
they are fun for beach parties ( free flights with landing everywhere on the map ), are decent in CTA, even had had an all PO2 dogfight one night.
Ahhh the days of free flight.

I miss free flights, i love them!! More so than combat.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

i do too! its interesting to see the countryside and look at the different stuff. and then try to land down the main streets of the town, along the beach, on the roofs of places...lol.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjg10 View Post
In the right hands any aircraft (except Arado) including the Po-2 or I-153 can beat an opponent in CTA games. Especially in 1 vs 1 or even 2 vs 1 games with the odds stacked.
Got to disagree I think the 153 is weakest 1v1 all you have to do is run till your about 2km out then turn and head on repeat over and over it really takes no skill at all many a player has gotten mad at me for winning then challenged me 1v1 against a 153 thinking I would try to turn with them lol they were the easiest games to win run turn gun repeat
Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=mavrickandgoose;221237]Got to disagree I think the 153 is weakest 1v1 all you have to do is run till your about 2km out then turn and head on repeat over and over it really takes no skill at all many a player has gotten mad at me for winning then challenged me 1v1 against a 153 thinking I would try to turn with them lol they were the easiest games to win run turn gun repeat[/QUOTE
that won.t win you a cta game mav. only dm and tdm. i was refering to cta]