Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Default Throttle Issues?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you have had any issues with throttling up or down while playing arcade mode here recently or in the past? For whatever reason, when I'm locked onto a target, my plane will sometimes not throttle up unless I disengage the lock. However, over the last few days of playing, I've noticed that it's starting to do the same, but will not throttle down. I've never really cared if It wouldn't throttle up much since most dogfights come down to turning, but not being able to throttle down has become an issue since the increased speed leads to a larger turning radius. Have any of you experienced this as well?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Approved Member

Maybe a daft point but is it your controller finally becoming BoP'd out?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Well I thought that might be the issue at first, but when I'm not locked onto anything and just flying, it works perfectly, so it's not the controller. It also isn't a continuous occurrence, but it just seems to randomly happen from time to time. I'm even more baffled as to why it's just this week that I've started having issues with throttling down as I've never had any problems with it in the past?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

since it is not consistant have you tried rebooting the game and see if that makes it go away? i know its a PITA if you are online but give it a whirl.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Well I've noticed it over the last two nights of playing, so the PS3 has been completely off between Sunday and Monday and I was still having the problem last night. So rebooting doesn't seem to have any effect on it. As I said in my original post, I've noticed this for quite some time with throttling up, at least a good month now, but this is the first time I've had it effect lowering it and I have no clue as to why in either case. It seems to temporarily correct if I release the lock-on trigger, so I guess I'll just have to re-adjust my playstyle until it gets sorted out.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

try your game and controller in a friends machine if you can. AND if you can hook it to your internet connection that would be better. start the process of elimination...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Have you ever made any custom setups or used a flight stick ?
I have had issues with PS3 controls after makeing custom setups and switching back last time was with HOTAS and I had to delete game data file and reinstall game data. Is your game making the button clcicking sound when you are at the map screen befor you respawn. Or do your tailguns go on turbo Mode if your in a bomber?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Approved Member

I havnt had that happen but my target lock has been messing up a lot lately
Old 02-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Well I have made a couple of changes to my controller settings in the past and just recently switched one back about a couple of weeks ago. I do believe I hear a clicking noise on the respawn screen, but not sure about the gunners as I hardly ever use bombers anymore. I'll try to reinstall the game data the next time I'm on to see if that fixes the issue, thanks!