Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

To quickly recap the huge wall of text I removed earlier:

I believe Glory is a waste of Mind Runes if you can get by without it. It's only powerful very early in the game and Learning will yield much greater results in the long run.

I think Concentration is far better than Transmute for Mages who can't afford the Might runes anyway. Instead, I recommend Mages get Rage Control, Training, Anger, and of course Chaos Magic with their Might Runes.

Edit: You need Might runes to get Higher Magic Prerequisites also, which nearly doubles your medal progress rate early game.

Edit2: The Real power of Concentration lies in extending battles early on, even to round 20, to max your mana so you can go into the next battle with full rage and mana.

Last edited by oody; 12-30-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

well if they kilte just for 1000 ld they are weak kiters lol. I got like 7-8k last time on my paladin xD
Old 12-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Medal progress rate doesn't equal game win rate. Also, didn't you say you hadn't tried transmute in that wall of text you deleted? (I actually know you did, because I had half replied to you when I noticed you edited it out).

If all you want is medals, sure, concentration, and higher magic are great! But I wouldn't call that 'effective'. It's like the 4 mage stack army is great for boosting the resistance medal, but isn't exactly strong otherwise. My paladin on impossible often spends 125 mana in a 5 round combat.. and only starts with like 35. You just can't do that with concentration.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

erm... what exactly is map kiting? tried to figure it out but everyone just keeps talking about it like it's something as basic as clicking on the screen to make your character move there
Old 12-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

It is where you run near to a bad guy defending a map, and get him to chase you for a while. And then once he has chased you for a while, you steal the map he was guarding without fighting him.

Or

A way to make the game a lot easier without triggering the 'cheater' flag. Since you get to Islands you aren't strong enough to actually fight on, but that have free xp, gold, runes etc, it makes the game substantially easier until very far in. Some Kiting players claim to get to level 15 before fighting even a single battle.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

I claim lvl 21 on impossible
Old 01-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
It is where you run near to a bad guy defending a map, and get him to chase you for a while. And then once he has chased you for a while, you steal the map he was guarding without fighting him.

Or

A way to make the game a lot easier without triggering the 'cheater' flag. Since you get to Islands you aren't strong enough to actually fight on, but that have free xp, gold, runes etc, it makes the game substantially easier until very far in. Some Kiting players claim to get to level 15 before fighting even a single battle.
This.

I would not recommend doing this on your first playthrough though, it spoiled alot of things for me personally anyhow.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Registered Member

Is it possible to kite troops who stay firmly next to the map they're guarding?
Old 01-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
I claim lvl 21 on impossible
Level 21 even before fighting your FIRST battle?! Wow...

But is this a feasible path to take if you are going for a 7 days game?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

Yes 21 before first battle. But no u will not end game with 7 days then. i would say around 12. I ended in day 17 but i did hell a lot traveling from island to islands just to kill any demon/undead army to free moro.

Goduerza: depends which one

Last edited by Elwin; 01-02-2010 at 11:05 AM.