Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Technical Issues

Technical Issues Having problems with launching or running a Fulqrum Publishing game on your hardware? Try asking other gamers, they may know the answer.
For Fulqrum Publishing technical support, send us an email.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:11 AM
Approved Member

Default Mac problem w/ King's Bounty: Warriors of the North

This is a cross-post taken from what I just listed in the 1st Bugs thread (sticky) in that game's forums. But it's mainly about overall technical issues rather than a specific bug, so I'll try here as well. I am desperate to be able to play and enjoy this game!

Well that didn't work (copy & paste)! I'll just get to the point then

Bought the game shortly after the November 9th patch on Steam, for the Mac. My main issue, and the reason I've stopped playing it, as that no matter what I do in the Options sub-screen, all my textures are "low", which makes for blurred and ugly images. After playing KB: AP (3x) and KB: TL (2x), I know what the game should look like on my Mac.

I have scoured many different forums looking for an answer, and come up w/ nothing. The only thing that worked for 1 user--and he might have been on a PC, I don't know--was switching everything to low textures, and then back to high. But that didn't do anything either.

My system: MacPro 3.1 [early 2008] Quad-Core Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz; 2.0 GB RAM; Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5; ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB.

Also, every time I log out (exit from the main screen), I get a crash log & report sent off to Apple. So I know something is consistently wrong. If it would be helpful to start the game up and get a copy of that crash log and send it to you, please let me know.

I hope you can help me! Thanks for reading.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

Same here and additionally, every time a description of a board element (e.g. statue on the battle field) is displayed, it remains there for as long as the screen is switched, which can be extremely annoying in battle as the kill probabilities are no longer shown.

The Edda song you choose at the beginning of a battle is also very slow, sometimes taking several seconds just to go to the correct song.