Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 AM
Approved Member

Default Are there any walkthroughs of this game?

I couldn't find much in terms of walkthroughs on FAQs regarding this game online. Any links? I'd also love to see a list of units and their stats.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered Member

here is a link to unit lists http://fantasywars.1cpublishing.eu/index.php?page=units
you poke around the various forums and you will find some hints...
Maybe somebody wil start a walkthrough
Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpost3 View Post
here is a link to unit lists http://fantasywars.1cpublishing.eu/index.php?page=units
you poke around the various forums and you will find some hints...
Maybe somebody wil start a walkthrough
I've looked through that unit list, but it's incomplete though
Old 04-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

I can't even make it through the fist Single Player mission on the easiest setting. I love the game, but it seesm a bit too hard?

I do real well for the first 10 turns or so taking over the first town and castle and killing the Troll, but when I go for the second Castle and the King? brings his knights with bowmen backing them all up he wipes me out.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

you should play the single-player campaigns first. The 4-5 single-player missions are a bit harder than the first few missions in the campaigns. You'll have some time to learn tactics that way. Also, if you are playing the King And General mission, you can go here and download a video that shows how to win in 4 turns
Old 04-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Registered Member

OK...Thanks.

Guess I'll try the Campaign!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:26 AM
Registered Member

A few tips to help you achieve VICTORY!

Learn which units are most effective in which terrain and which should attempt to avoid certain terrain. For example, Light Infantry and Elves should try to stick to Forests, Dwarves in Hills, Cavalry in the Plains, and try to avoid getting caught in a River or Swamp hex when enemy are nearby. Never send Cavalry into Forest terrain as not only do they lose their Charge attack but they are vulnerable.

Keep your Archers and Crossbowman adjacent to and behind your front line troops. If an enemy attacks your front-line with a melee attack your ranged attackers get a free shot! They only get one free shot per turn unless you have a special perk that allows multiple.

Be patient when seiging cities surrounded by rivers. Sometimes (depending on their pre-defined "role") the enemy will abandon his defensive position and charge into the river to get to you!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:18 AM
Approved Member

note: standing on a bridge is the same as standing on a river! Don't attack or get attacked while standing on a bridge.