Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

I decided to edit "The Gambit" and it was easy as pie... made it orks vs elves, increased the gold for unit purchase, changed the deploy hexes and it worked fine.

I wonder what I am missing in the other one... perhaps "Test Deploy" needed to be used in some way?

Ahhh... off to work..
Old 02-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

I think we've the same GM 'cause i'm off work too
Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Units selected in Test deploy are available in the reserves list when you start a map from the editor, but not when you open a map from within the game. So it doesn't really matter if you have units there or not.

Just check the trigger again, you probably made some simple mistake (took me some time to get it working the first time too.) Or maybe one of the unreadable russian triggers interfere with yours?

About MP. Do both players need the map on their computer when starting a game on a custom map, or do one computer act as host and transfer the map to the others?

Last edited by Magog; 02-12-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:12 AM
Approved Member

Each person needs to have the custom MP map in their C:\Program Files\Nobilis\Fantasy Wars\Data\Levels\Multiplayer directory. Which is easy enough to do.

It is really easy to connect and play

On her screen it displays the proper elf interface, and on mine the orc interface displays. Very very cool....

Once I am able to "polish" them up a bit more (as in remove the quests that display at the start, which I am not using), I am probably going to create many MP maps and ZIP them and make them public. It is all about terrain, custom built forces, and good ol turn based strategy.

Working great right now!

Made a new map, medium sized, 4000 gold per side, 3 towns per side each with deploy spots surrounding them, terrain shifts from plains to forest to swamp... roads and rivers wind through, mountains seperate the middle with just a few paths through it (bottlenecks)... very cool stuff

Sorry if I sound cheesily excited!

When I first played the game I went right for the multiplayer, since that is what I enjoy most, and was a bit dissapointed... now... I am pleased as can be! That map editor is sweeetness!!

A good map editor = the ability for the community to grow and prosper with no involvment from the company, it will help make FW a long term success.

HOOWAH!