Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

View Poll Results: What is the best unit scale for FW?
Big Scale as far view 3 42.86%
Small Scale as near view 1 14.29%
Asadex's realistic scale 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadexes View Post
i'm adding new unit types mixing the model parts of the existing units working on Unit Avatars file
Each unit has an head, a body and two handed weapons, you can mix each one in the way you want
So you can create new troops, new heroes and new specials.

Map editor will automatically see the new files and you can put them in your maps

Sounds good. I should play around a bit, since this may be simple enough for even me to do.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

what we cannot seem to mod right now are new names for things. So if you add a new unit or perk, I don't think you can give it a new name. The problem is the names are stored in an encoded localization file and the developers have not released any information on the encoding scheme. I decoded what I was able but finally reached a point where I could not finish without more information.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman654 View Post
what we cannot seem to mod right now are new names for things. So if you add a new unit or perk, I don't think you can give it a new name. The problem is the names are stored in an encoded localization file and the developers have not released any information on the encoding scheme. I decoded what I was able but finally reached a point where I could not finish without more information.
Not true,
i created foot_knight_spearmen
the name is a variable coded in the xml file
you can also to mod it directly from the editor
Old 02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

I like the look of the mod. Is it possible to change how many units are displayed?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

yes, changing formations, but each men represent 1 hp point so i think it will be better to increase also hp and this would ubalance the game.
I'm trying to find a solution but, at the moment, i'm working on new heroes for RPG mod, excracting models from the troops and using it as a single model.
I need the classic heroes like the warrior ( i'll use the foot knight model ) the elf, the thief ( i'll use the ranger ), and others.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:55 AM
Approved Member

This mod is very nice! Much better than the original sizes!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

I'm working on grass scaling but i can't find the parameter
Old 02-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Hi Asadexes,

I just got the game and have been playing around with the editor. Is it possible, either in the editor or in the xml, to either modify hero names or create new heroes that you know of? For example, I might want to take an existing hero and give it a new name or create a new hero entirely and get it to show up in the editor so I can place it on a custom map. Do you know generally how I could go about doing that? I wanted to ask you since it seems you are very knowledgeable about both the editor and how to mod the game.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Approved Member

Yes is possible,
Using xml you make a new hero, you give him a model and textures, and editr will see it.
I'm making some new hero for RPG mod using a foot knight as warrior, a mage as ehm mage, and others.
Try and remember to make a backup of everything.
Remember also to post your results