Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Default Sequel already!

Quote:
1C: Ino-Co is working on the sequel to Fantasy Wars called Elven Legacy. This game is scheduled for a 2008 release.
Man, I'm still waiting to pick Fantasy Wars up when I get the money after Xmas and already there's an announcement for a sequel! 1C is officially my favorite company right now. I was so excited to see a company start producing tier 1 turn-based games again and they just keep piling it on. I'm pumped!
Old 12-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsMonsterX View Post
Man, I'm still waiting to pick Fantasy Wars up when I get the money after Xmas and already there's an announcement for a sequel! 1C is officially my favorite company right now. I was so excited to see a company start producing tier 1 turn-based games again and they just keep piling it on. I'm pumped!
i'm still a little confused. is there going to be an expansion for FW & a sequel called Elven Legacy or are they only working on Elven Legacy? if there is an expansion being made, will it be a free download or will it have to be purchased?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Praying for a new race.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

So they dumped Fantasy Wars on the market incomplete with no pbem and no editor (the two things that will keep people playing a game for years, go check out HOMM and AoW in this regard) and now are planning a new game. Thanks for the heads up, I won't be buying any of FW games now that I know how they do business. This is annoying, I was really looking forward to a totally new fantasy TB strategy game but with only 3 campaigns and only 4 MP maps this game is not worth it.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

They might still come out with an editor, all we know is they are making a sequel. Its entirely possible that all they've done is decide to make one. Patchers, Programers and Mapmakermakers are not involved in the conceptual proccess of a new game, they will probobally work on them while the programers do the other bits.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

WTF, Alex, Fantasy Wars is a great game which the developers have obviously put a lot of love and effort into creating. So what if it doesn't contain some particular features, every game is missing something if you think about it. And I don't know what you actually expect from a game these days, but in my experience Fantasy Wars has more than enough content. Yes, it's geared towards single player, but those three campaigns take _a lot_ of time and effort to win.

Well, whatever. I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel. I had such a great time with FW, and I'm sure I'm going to love whatever the developers do next.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Default sequel

I agree that it's not too smart to bite the hand that feeds you. Where else (besides HOMM5) can you find new turn-based fantasy games? I applaud 1C for making a game for such a small, niche market.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

King's Bounty: the Legend will be partially turn based, but other than that no where.