Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

I for one have been very sceptical about it ever since I saw the first videos appear on YouTube. The other day I noticed I could buy it at getgamesgo.com for just 7.50 Euros, and figured it would surely be worth that much... Well, I was wrong -- even at only 7.50 Euros, I think it's a waste of money.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
I for one have been very sceptical about it ever since I saw the first videos appear on YouTube. The other day I noticed I could buy it at getgamesgo.com for just 7.50 Euros, and figured it would surely be worth that much... Well, I was wrong -- even at only 7.50 Euros, I think it's a waste of money.
Why would you say that whats wrong with the game that makes it so bad?. 7.50 is really cheap
Old 12-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

It's an arcade game with poor sound, mediocre graphics, and questionable control and gameplay. If a simple arcade game is all you want, then I suppose it may be worth the money to you. If, on the other hand, you want anything like the true to life simulator that's been promised to us for years, you're better off buying some of the older Hard Truck or 18WoS series games. I know 7.50 isn't much, but if I don't have any desire to play it again, it's still a waste of money.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Most of your postings, if not all, indicate your disappointment with the game even before you got it, and yet you still went out, and bought it.

I have 18WoS too, and it gets boring rather quickly. Pick up here, drop off there. That's it. The graphics are by far more superior in R'n'R than any other trucking game, right down to the grooves in the road, to the shine of the truck, as well as the cabin views, grass, trees, and buildings.

I'll grant you that 18WoS has better truck physics, traffic lights, and stop signs, but R'n'R has events that could happen in real life to break up the usual go here, and there routine of 18WoS. R'n'R also has a decent story line that gives the game a little extra if you care to complete it.

You said questionable control. I have a G25 controller, and it works just as good as in 18WoS after some tweaks that took about a half an hour to do. As for sound, this only applies to the truck itself. Otherwise conversations, music, and other sounds are of good quality. Thanks to our modders, the truck mod sounds in the Modding section here alleviated this problem too.

Game playability. Not sure what you mean by this, but I've played this three times, and I'm on my fourth, and it changes from game to game depending on which route you take.

It has minor glitches, and design flaws, but no more than any other game if you have a high-end computer capable of handling it. The little ones I can barely remember, because of the over-all enjoyment I have with it, and I'm sure I'm not alone here. Lot's of people have given this game a poor review at the start, but then some of them gave it a chance, and they changed their viewpoint by discovering what this game has to offer. You can hardly be objective enough by playing it less than a day, or two. Most people just look for the bad to pick apart this game, and never give it any good points, and this game has many of them. 18WoS & ETS is not even close.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-11-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

ETS, GTS, UKTS, 18 Wos pedal to the metal, Haulin I have played them all, the maps on them are really poorly done compared to RnR. I use a G25 too and there is a real steering problem where you turn about 30 degrees and the truck just doesn't respond.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb87 View Post
I use a G25 too and there is a real steering problem where you turn about 30 degrees and the truck just doesn't respond.
Sorry, I don't have that 30 degree problem. Maybe I configured it differently.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

I mean going round corners the truck just kind of goes straight. Lots of people have complained about it to SCS software. I wasn't meaning RnR sorry about that
Old 12-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

I see what you mean. There is also that type of problem with "City Bus Sim NY 2010" too. I don't think either of them resolved it. I stopped playing 18WoS, because it just bored me to death. It's nice to go back now and again, but longevity just isn't it's strong suite for me. The blackout dozing effect is a pain too.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Registered Member

Default Is this Game still supported?

I'm kinda thinking about buying, but support seems to be nonexistent?and there seems to be alot of bugs, seem to be a game with good idea and all but lack of support/patches seems to be not Worth it?
and id be buying from steam usa

You know what i mean?

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-20-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Relocated To A More Suitable Thread.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaras View Post
I'm kinda thinking about buying, but support seems to be nonexistent?and there seems to be alot of bugs, seem to be a game with good idea and all but lack of support/patches seems to be not Worth it?
and id be buying from steam usa

You know what i mean?
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I moved your post here, because I thought this is a more suitable place for your question. This game is supported, but yes, it is slow for patches (English version). The game as it is, is worth buying. I run it like many others here with no, or very little problems. One of the main problems with this game, and bug reports is that there are many people getting it without reading, or just disregarding the Recommended System Requirements”. There are many here that play this game, and are enjoying it. I’m here all the time answering questions, and helping those to get the game running properly. I try not to let any question go unanswered. So to say this games Support is Nonexistent would be an inaccurate statement. If I can’t answer a given question, then I will get in touch with the powers that be. I purchased my game through Impulse, and to date I have not seen anyone that purchased it there report any problems.

In closing, if you meet or exceed the Rec. System Req. you should have very little problems running the game. This, nor any game is perfect. It has a couple of design flaws, but nothing serious that would prevent you from enjoying the game. It is now so cheap that I would give it a shot. I got it the day it came out, and I still enjoy it today.