Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down Umm, Xbox patch waiting on Sony?

I have been popping in and out of this forum since I put Il2 back on the shelf in anticipation for the day I could pick it up again someday when the game was finally patched, I had though that Sony was dragging the process on with the issues specific to that console. I had been under the impression that both patches would be released together to prevent people from getting angry at potential favoratism...So what did I miss? Why is the patch out for ps3 and not xbox? Why am I feeling left out that the devs havent addressed this? Now I read posts about xbox gamers trading in that version for the ps3 version and it is starting to fan the flames of my frustration once again...Can some one give us xboxers a little good news? And perhaps a reason we are not being blessed with a patch release at the same time as the ps3 like I thought was going to happen...I am surprised guiltyspark is not back and rambling on again about the "irrelevant version" of the the game he used to rant about...What gives?

Last edited by AutomaticAddict; 12-08-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Approved Member

We've waited this long, what's a few more weeks. It's just the way they decided to go.

Up until yesterday, I was not convinced the 360 version would see the update at all. But, Antons' comments about it have buried that fear.

Soon enough.......
Old 12-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball View Post
We've waited this long, what's a few more weeks. It's just the way they decided to go.

Up until yesterday, I was not convinced the 360 version would see the update at all. But, Antons' comments about it have buried that fear.

Soon enough.......
I just hope that while we are waiting for...2 maybe 4 weeks, that we dont loose a good chunk of our players to the ps3. I can see a picture in the back of my mind of me tied to a wall and Anton is slapping me in the face with the xbox version of the game whilst not hearing my cries of pain and laughing like a sadistic maniac, "See how you filthy yanks like this one!" I can relate this feeling to the numbness you feel after being caught by an un-expected swift kick in the daddy bags...

Last edited by AutomaticAddict; 12-08-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticAddict View Post
I just hope that while we are waiting for...2 maybe 4 weeks, that we dont loose a good chunk of our players to the ps3. I can see a picture in the back of my mind of me tied to a wall and Anton is slapping me in the face with the xbox version of the game whilst not hearing my cries of pain and laughing like a sadistic maniac, "See how you filthy yanks like this one!" I can relate this feeling to the numbness you feel after being caught by an un-expected swift kick in the daddy bags...
Well said sir.

I already looked at PS3 pricing today. Though my buddys are on 360 I may have to betray them by a temporary and occasional trip to the dark side.

I am expecting to purchase myself a xmas gift this season....hmmm.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Don't even think about it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR62MIB View Post
Well said sir.

I already looked at PS3 pricing today. Though my buddys are on 360 I may have to betray them by a temporary and occasional trip to the dark side.

Don't even think about it....

I'm watching you...

Old 12-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I just hope that while we are waiting for...2 maybe 4 weeks, that we dont loose a good chunk of our players to the ps3

Good point.

Quote:
swift kick in the daddy bags...
HA!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball View Post
We've waited this long, what's a few more weeks.
That is what everyone was saying two months ago and we saw how that turned out. I only own a 360 and I will not return this game but this was way, way out of hand a month ago and saying we've waited so long does not justify anything in my opinion.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Sandylowlead

Quote:
I have been popping in and out of this forum since I put Il2 back on the shelf in anticipation for the day I could pick it up again someday when the game was finally patched, I had though that Sony was dragging the process on with the issues specific to that console. I had been under the impression that both patches would be released together to prevent people from getting angry at potential favoratism...So what did I miss? Why is the patch out for ps3 and not xbox? Why am I feeling left out that the devs havent addressed this? Now I read posts about xbox gamers trading in that version for the ps3 version and it is starting to fan the flames of my frustration once again...Can some one give us xboxers a little good news? And perhaps a reason we are not being blessed with a patch release at the same time as the ps3 like I thought was going to happen...I am surprised guiltyspark is not back and rambling on again about the "irrelevant version" of the the game he used to rant about...What gives?
^
Old 12-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
That is what everyone was saying two months ago and we saw how that turned out. I only own a 360 and I will not return this game but this was way, way out of hand a month ago and saying we've waited so long does not justify anything in my opinion.
I agree. I was not trying to justify the wait. Just that I have hardly thought of playing BoP in 2 months (keeping mine as well) so another month is nothing to me. I just hope there are many like us who are waiting to jump back in.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR62MIB View Post
Though my buddys are on 360 I may have to betray them by a temporary and occasional trip to the dark side.

Give in to your anger. Give yourself to the dark side! And that takes care of my Star Wars quote of the day.
Closed Thread