Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

Well the GTX 295 is basically two graphics cards in one. If an application isn't SLI enabled it has only half of the benchmark performance. So I have no idea if this game is SLI enabled, but I doubt it seeing as though the game is not multi-threaded.

Last edited by JuggernautOfWar; 04-17-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

My performance with Cryostasis isn't that awful, it's about 30-40 in crowded areas with lots of lights, etc and usually 45-60 in other areas.
This is on all maximum settings, 1440x900.
Of course, since the game only uses one core, this isn't as bad for me as it is for some users, as I have a Q6600 overclocked to 3.6g/hz so it's using a single 3.6g/hz core.
Some of you guys should really try overclocking your CPUs, it helps a lot for this game.

My PC specs:
Q6600 @ 3.6g/hz
GTX 295
4gb RAM
Vista32bit
Old 04-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
The upcoming patch should make the performance on ATI cards similar to Nvidia, right now, Cryo is better optimized for NVidia.
What is your policy at the development of patches for the Russian and English names ? Will you develop and release the same patch for the Russian version as you have said you are going to do for the English version ? Or, the Russian version is the "yesteryear's news", and nobody is buying it in Russia anymore, so that you drop support for it ?
Old 04-21-2009, 06:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerian View Post
What is your policy at the development of patches for the Russian and English names ? Will you develop and release the same patch for the Russian version as you have said you are going to do for the English version ? Or, the Russian version is the "yesteryear's news", and nobody is buying it in Russia anymore, so that you drop support for it ?
The same patch will be available both for Russian version and international.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serinity View Post
I dont understand how you say that a 295 will have problems lol. It shouldnt. Maybe when it gets choppy at times you have something running in the background?
I'm playing 1900x1200, max details all AA/AF 1900x1200, etc. In general it's smooth, but at very specific places, e.g. I can recall a place where you had to navigate through several shipping containers late in the game, it gets below 20 fps. There are quite a few of such places overall.

I'm running on Q9550 @ 3.8Ghz, 8GB 1066 RAM, and OC'ed GTX 295, not I don't have any intensive background applications running.

Last edited by Breach; 04-27-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Approved Member

So when can we expect to see this patch Nike-It? Thanks for replying...
Old 04-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautOfWar View Post
So when can we expect to see this patch Nike-It? Thanks for replying...
Same question.

To be blunt - I bought this game on the back of the downloadable demo - and fully expected to have the same degree of effects in-game.

I've waited patiently for the US release - without kicking up a fuss about the PhysX limited EU release - even though I find it both deplorable and unacceptable that the companies involved should do such a thing.

AFAIK -the US version has now been released - and, as yet, not a single indication as to when the patch will be available.

All I'm asking for is a rough estimate - days, weeks, months - or never?

G. G.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

Any news what exactly the patch will bring?
I mean, if it just adds more Physx i don't think the performance will be increased. If theres much more to calculate we will loose performance instead of getting a better one.

I think there are two groups of users, one group who wants better performance and another one who whants more physical effects. But is there a way to get it both together?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Default Cryostasis

I,m a PC tech so I know how to tweak my PC for performance. I have a new 9800 GTX+ 512 2GB corsair Core 2/3000 (6850) getting a bit old now. FEAR 2 runs on full settings and starts in about 15 seconds. I dont know the FPS but it never misses a beat nor a second of lag. C-stasis runs badly with EAX disabled and Physx disabled in the nvidia control panel after a few minutes it settles down and runs ok but why should I play the game in a low res with the extra features turned off? I wont be playing CRSTS until a patch is released and then I will start from scratch.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Well turning on PhysX in your control panel will give you a HUGE performance increase. You seem pretty techie.... j/k