Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

Default About Cryostasis's Performances

Hello everybody! I'm french, and I get Cryostasis a few days ago.

I played a little, I manage to reach the second level. The game is really good, has a great athmosphere, but... what the **** with the perf? Did the developper forget to optimize it?

I've seen many threads in this board about that, but no answers from 1C. It's a really BIG issue. I just hardly get 20FPS on my HD4850, 2GB DDR2 PC8500 and an Intel Core2Quad Q9550... I have to drop the resolution to 800x600 to have about 40FPS with high quality settings... It's unbelievable! And when I turn on DirectX10, I have HORRIBLE lags (for the "thermovision problem", juste change the gamma)... Maybe the developer had rather to optimize their game instead of develop some PhysX compability witch we don't care...

My question is simple, and I hope 1C will answer : will there be a patch to improve the performance? Please... T.T I'm sure I'm not the only one who want to play the game in normal conditions...
Old 03-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

I vote to build a church and go pray every day for patch to fix everything with one click...
I don't know if the cryo will win the most expensive game() but surely will win for the most awaiting patch for the game. I don't even know what kind of patch it will be... there is so many things to change and improve that maybe is more correct to say it "mod" instead of "patch"

Last edited by EvilInside; 03-25-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

There is no so much troubles but the perfs in Cryostasis, I think... I manage to play a little longer even if the game is incredibely slow, the game is really good... Please, a patch, a patch! T_T *pray*
Old 03-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

Please please please look at the other posts before we get another I can't play the game because of its performance...

One tried and true method of fixing the performance is disabling the EAX Advanced HS sound option. This has helped many people including myself as even with a 4870x2 I was struggling until I turned it off.

Hopefully this helps.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

I've already read all the posts, and I also did everything supposed to improve performances, including disabling EAX. I noticied that you have the best performance with hardware sound but no EAX.

- I check the PhysX control panel (of course, it was disable, I do not have any nVidia thing)
- I disable the EAX
- I tried all graphic options one after another. Nothing improved the performance but decreasing the resolution.
- I check the configuration file to see if there were some tweak to do... Nothing.

During the flashbacks, I have 9 FPS... I'm playing with all graphic options on high at 1680x1050, without any AA or AF.

The question is not really how to improve the perfs, but a question to 1C and Action Forms : will there be a patch?!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli-Wan View Post
I've already read all the posts, and I also did everything supposed to improve performances, including disabling EAX. I noticied that you have the best performance with hardware sound but no EAX.

- I check the PhysX control panel (of course, it was disable, I do not have any nVidia thing)
- I disable the EAX
- I tried all graphic options one after another. Nothing improved the performance but decreasing the resolution.
- I check the configuration file to see if there were some tweak to do... Nothing.

During the flashbacks, I have 9 FPS... I'm playing with all graphic options on high at 1680x1050, without any AA or AF.

The question is not really how to improve the perfs, but a question to 1C and Action Forms : will there be a patch?!
Yes it will be. It is still in development.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

1680x1050 ? Really?
You must be kidding... You really expect to have perofmance at that resolution on a game clearly optimized for nVidia cards? Try a lower resolution than bump up and experiment with the AA and AF, also try to work with the rest of the driver settings.
One of the aspects I observed on the performance issue was that when on a level with a heavy(and long) flashback scene the fps were dramatically decreased. So I think that's one of the major problems - the flashback/present environment corelation.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Mateescu View Post
1680x1050 ? Really?
You must be kidding... You really expect to have perofmance at that resolution on a game clearly optimized for nVidia cards?
Yes. I play Crysis@high at this resolution without any problems, just like all my other games. The HD4850 is a powerfull card, you know...? And, as long as I know, nVidia cards don't perfom well in this game too.

Well, I'm very pleased to heard a patch is in development. just can't wait for it's release.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

this must be one of the worst engines in pc-history. the performance is just HORRIBLE and the game looks, except for the water effects, nothing better than doom3, which runs with at least 10 times more fps on highest settings.
this abomination needs to be patched fast, please!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Approved Member

The problem is your video card, ATI Radeon HD 4850. It is not equipped with NVIDIA PhysX support. You honestly believe a game made with an NVIDIA physics engine would work well on your ATI card?

The performance is still the worst, it runs worse than the Crysis games and looks worse. I went below 25 FPS sometimes with my EVGA GTX 260 CORE 216 (55nm), however when I added a 9600GT to my system and dedicated it to PhysX, things got much better. I play it on 1680 x 1050 on the highest settings, 1x AA and 16x AF.