Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Default Game Difficulty and Bugs, your Opinion!?

So here i will post my first Opinion about Cryostasis.
The Shocking Moments are great, im very interested in the story, and the Graphic quality is ok!

But the Game Difficulty is "son of a...."
So many Bugs! I die because of them.
The Sniper Rifle is useless, Why u make a Rifle with a nice Scope, when it is bullshit to aim with! I cant see shit with this Scope! I rather use the normal Rifle!
I often jumped about 10 cm from the stairs and i died!??! WTF, u die because u have in 0,1m fall-damage!? And this always with Full Health!!
I liked it when i had to punch the Enemys, i was sure to hit them. With Rifle-Enemys its a luck thing. 10 Times they are easy but then one same Enemy i had to trie about 20 times!

That's not funny, so i rather play Dow 2 for now!
Maybe in a few days i will go on with this great but bugy and unbalanced Game!

So what do u think?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

lol, you're right about the scope, it's horrible. Also, why the hell do you even need a scoped rifle in this game? Most enemies you fight are usually so close you can smell their breath
Old 03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

I'm not really far in this game. But insted of droping a Scoped Rifle, maybe they should have put a Pistol or Pumpgun in it! Don't know if i will find some in the later Game!

Btw,if anyone is, how long u needed for making it trough the story?
How many hours?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwind81 View Post
I'm not really far in this game. But insted of droping a Scoped Rifle, maybe they should have put a Pistol or Pumpgun in it! Don't know if i will find some in the later Game!

Btw,if anyone is, how long u needed for making it trough the story?
How many hours?
i'm kinda slow i think.
played about ~50 mins per lvl. and its got 18 lvls at all.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Wow. Yes that is very slow. It took me 7-8 hours to beat the game, same as the first Crysis and longer than most other first person games.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

I've never aimed with the sniper rifle. I just payed attention to the scope with the weapon lowered - the enemies appear a bit larger and there's a big crosshair on it. It's easy to use it like this.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

automatic rifle + axe in fast switch rule the game
Old 03-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

I didn't experience any bugs that I can remember, except maybe a few goofy physics situations. I also didn't think the game was particularly difficult. There were plenty of ammo, and enough heat sources that I could normally get back to a reasonable health level after each fight.

In general, I had a good time with it and I loved the story. It got a little repetitive towards the end, especially the fights. But still, a good and fairly unique game that I would definitely recommend.

As for the sniper rifle, I hardly ever used it. There were enough other weapons, and few enemies that were so far away that sniping was necessary.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, seriously. If scoped Nagant is useless(and it is)... don't use it! There were two times in the game when I did, once when I picked it up and was all "ooo what's that" and once when I selected it by mistake instead of PPSh.

As for bugs, just few crashes for me, nothing game-breaking, that's for sure.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

Default Bug!

my character keeps jumping up and down or bobbing or whatever....well he's not actually jumping just looks like that and i cant play normally or aim or anything and its really to see anyhting.the only way i can stop it is to crouch...but when i get up he starts doing it again!!!!