Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Default Expansion details

• New storyline, new gameworld.
  • Princess Amelie will be the protagonist.
  • Some sort of Medal/Achievement system.
  • Ragebox is replaced with a pet dragon. He gains experience and can learn up to nine unique skills.
  • New race of creatures.
  • You can fly around in a pegasus.
  • You can hire followers-squires.
  • Bounty hunting system from original KB is back.
  • Enhanced role-playing system. Level cap is now 50.
  • Adventuring spells like in Heroes series.
  • New bosses: Borer, Gremlion, Archdemon Baal and others.
  • New item types.

Release date: Q1 2009.

Expansion page, translated with google.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

Wow! Thanks for the update Amamake! This is great news.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Good post. Some of that was new to me. Please do keep updating whenever there's new info. Thanks.

I'm wondering though, is the Q1 2009 release a world-wide release, or the Russian release. I'd imagine the rest of the world being around Q2 or later if Q1 is the Russian release date only.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Sounds like a great expansion!
I wonder what the level cap of the pet dragon will be - maybe 30 like the rage.
Although I should be able to do some serious damage at level 50.

Does anyone know what the original KB "bounty hunting system" was?
Old 10-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for that, Amamake!

I am really excited about this! I hope that the release will be worldwide, not just Russian at first. Roll on Q1 2009.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Approved Member

Thinking about the little that we know so far, I have a couple of questions...

1. Will Princess Amelie be the only character you can choose? If this is so (as it appears to be) will there be any replayability in the game at all? Currently we have 3 different classes.

2. Will the tech tree be altered? (Might, Mind, Magic). Does this mean there will only be one tech tree, or what?

3. The pet dragon sounds okay, but only 9 skills compared to 16 in the main game is a bit of a reduction. Will there be any diversity in the way you play the game?

4. Will Princess Amelie marry husbands and have children etc. Personally I wouldn't mind, but I doubt the developers will do it like this. Will there be another system in place instead?

Basically, what I've read about the expansion sounds really good (Princess Amelie, pet Dragon, new game world) but I am wondering how much replayability the expansion will have.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
4. Will Princess Amelie marry husbands and have children etc. Personally I wouldn't mind, but I doubt the developers will do it like this. Will there be another system in place instead?
My guess is like this:
Princess Amelie will have multiple husbands. She will be able to marry another man without divorcing or dumping down previous husband when she meets new handsome guy; i.e. polygamy or fraternal polyandry, to be exact. Fraternal polyandry is not uncommon among royal family or in higher nobilities. These husbands are her trophy husband.
But only one husband at a time will be active and help her in battle with enemy. She will switch husbands as freely and frequently as she change her evening dress. No divorce severance incurred.
She will not have baby. She is too busy to waste 10 months for pregnancy. Fighting pregnant girl? No way!

Last edited by aaaaa; 11-01-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:42 AM
Approved Member

3 new screenshots on this page:

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/kings_b...ah/246626#show
Old 11-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paksenarrion View Post
Does anyone know what the original KB "bounty hunting system" was?
Effectively you took out a contract in a city or village and then proceeded to find that hero and try to defeat him. Doing so increased your gold and leadership after successful contracts. It likewise revealed a piece of the puzzle map for the scepter which was the artifact that the game was based around, kinda like the grail in heroes of might and magic except the discovery of this one was the entire point of the game. It was pretty fun and exciting, I kinda missed it in the remake. It would be pretty easy to implement considering they already have heroes it is now simply a matter of linking it all together.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Approved Member

Thinking about the little that we know so far, I have a couple of questions...

1. Will Princess Amelie be the only character you can choose? If this is so (as it appears to be) will there be any replayability in the game at all? Currently we have 3 different classes.

Sure, there are still 3 classes.

2. Will the tech tree be altered? (Might, Mind, Magic). Does this mean there will only be one tech tree, or what?

Skill trees will be changed significantly, with new skills added. Also, the whole Medal thing will act sorta like the 4th tree.

3. The pet dragon sounds okay, but only 9 skills compared to 16 in the main game is a bit of a reduction. Will there be any diversity in the way you play the game?

No details yet.

Apparently, the family system is replaced with hirable henchmen.

Last edited by Amamake; 11-01-2008 at 05:50 AM.