Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 10-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Registered Member

Default Giant Spider F'n Lame

Up until now I have had only praise for this game - but there is a fine line between fun and immensely frustrating.

The Giant Spider fight is beyond stupid. To have endless hordes, a moving enemy and massive amounts of both damage and hit points is lame.

I hit the spider with 4 stacks of demon lords (all summoned in 2 rounds), a stack of giants, two stacks of polar and ancient bears in the hundreds, and a large stack of beholders and alchemists.

I was literally doing 5000 points of damage a round to the spider and did diddly squat.

Lame.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Approved Member

The giant spider is pretty stupid. It is a deceptively easy fight. It looks difficult but it's probably the easiest fight in the game. As long as you can kill the summoned spiders and had a stack of archers then you can win with ease.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:09 AM
Registered Member

Lol - touche
Old 10-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

havent seen this guy yet, just got to the kraken. But does items like the jade belt (+50% damage to spiders) also count against this boss?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

It will sure count against spiders he summon, so is useful in that battle.
Is not a hard battle if u know how to play and if u have anought trops.
I manage to finish the fight using archers and spels(i am a mage) for hiting the giand spider, and infantery for killing the summoned spiders.

PS: u must do this fight later, after finish all quest in dwarf land.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Does that item really increase the damage you do TO spiders, or does it increase the damage of spiders in your army?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInABox View Post
havent seen this guy yet, just got to the kraken. But does items like the jade belt (+50% damage to spiders) also count against this boss?
The belt increases damage done by YOUR spiders, not damage dealt to enemy spiders.

Anyway, I killed the spider on my very first try on normal difficulty, I had 2 stacks of melee fighters (guardsmen and one other, can't remember) and 3 stacks of ranged creatures. When the boss dropped spiders on the battlefield, I just made the melee guys one-hit them and inflicted ranged damage. When she drops 3 stacks, make sure to have one of the ranged creatures help. It took ages and in the end my melee creatures struggled to kill them in one hit but I took little to no losses anyway.

Last edited by Tuplis; 10-07-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

my solution was to get shamans and put totems all the place that way he cant send hordes of spiders anymore.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Approved Member

I just used a stack of dragons and something else (forget what melee unit) to take out the enemy stacks he summoned while using a stack of human archers, elven archers, and cyclops to take the big one out at the same time. Cyclops also worked as melee help due to its ability to take such a beating and melee abilities.

All in all with proper strategy it is very easy, and i wouldnt be surprised if i got out of that fight with casualties less than 10 in number, heck possibly even none.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

She's really easy if you don't attempt to bumrush the Boss and use a proper strategy.

On hard diff as Paly, I won with swordsmen, guards, royal snake, inq, and shamans.

Royal snakes is really good vs her because of No Retal stat. Have snakes inq shaman(dont have shaman melee boss tho) on the boss and have the 2 footmen on adds control. Always make sure you can finish the adds (either by killing them or having them kill themselves when they attacked you). Never get overrun.
________
Harley-Davidson FXB

Last edited by Enarr; 01-20-2011 at 02:20 PM.