Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

IL2 1946 is not a click and fly sim.

It takes time to learn how to use the aircraft.

And how to handle the software and hardware it uses.

Take time to read the advice given and try to learn how to use IL2 1946.

Its over 10 years old now and along the way some of the old "training tracks" are now redundant and not working correctly.

If the list of FPS games you have quoted in you post is your "thing" you have to not include IL2 in that genre of games.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 06-03-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

IL-2 1946 is one of the most stable pieces of software your going to find and its very easy to setup. If we knew exactly what your problem is we can all help.

Its quite simple to setup your joystick.. Start the game and left click on Controls...scroll down to the bottom in the Hotas control section...right click opposite Power and move your throttle..your throttle will appear in the box...now do the same for your Ailerons... mover your stick sideways and it will also appear. Pull back of Elevators. Twist for Rudders etc.

If you find any of the settings are reversed go back and redo the setup by moving your joystick in the opposite direction.

You can setup all your buttons in the same manor. For example your trigger can be setup by right clicking beside weapon 1 and pulling the trigger. Weapon 1 is machine guns, Weapon 2 is cannons, Weapon 3 and 4 are bombs and rockets.

You will also see Weapons 1+2 This is used to fire Machineguns and Cannons at the same time. Right click opposite then pull the trigger to set.

IL-2 1946 is not difficult to get flying if you come from a flight sim background. If you are not familiar with flight sims it may even be difficult for you to take off let alone fight. Once you master fighting against the AI be prepared to have your ass hand to you when you venture on-line.

IL-2 has a huge online community. Most people use Hyperlobby to find servers with options set to their particular wants. There are currently 400 people on line at Hyperlobby. OR you can setup your own IP to serve only your group.

I've never seen a problem where the stick shows up in the Hota setting yet doesn't work in game. Anyone?

Last edited by Chivas; 06-03-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerjabs View Post
I have no doubt this game can be fun, but the in game "training" is a mess. Is there something I missed? I've tried other flight sims and they start you out in the cockpit...tell you press button A to start engines....now push joystick throttle up for speed...when you get to this speed pull up etc.

Maybe this game doesn't hold your had like others I tried but wow, from what I saw it does NOTHING to help you get up in the skys for the fun.

I'm a 40 year old PC gaming vet so Ive seen many a game. It just seems like any game of this sort would help you out a bit more than handing you a text book to read.

Still want to play and so would my friends if it doesn't turn our game nights into grinding chore night!!!!!!
Hey there friend, I saw this post and I felt I had to drop in with a quick word. Though I can be of no help as to the multi-player aspect, I may be able to provide some start up help to a fellow newbie.

First let me say that I had never heard of IL-2 before a few weeks ago, when I found some Ytube videos from user "OneFJeff". I would HIGHLY recommend that you check out his "Let's Play IL-2 Sturmovik" series. He does a wonderful job, not only as a Let's Play campaign, but his videos also serve as wonderfully detailed tutorials (both with basic aircraft control, as well as providing great campaign play ideas) though his videos are not made in a "tutorialish" fashion.

I may also say that I now own this game, a brand new flight control system, and have probably close to 60 flight hours in various airframes(as well as becoming The Terror of the IJN fleet ), and this is only in 2 weeks! Aaaanyway, good luck with everything mate.

~~TBY
Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for all the help fellas. I've never heard of Hyperlobby, when trying to connect to multiplayer do I type "hyperlobby" into the server address?
Old 06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerjabs View Post
Thanks for all the help fellas. I've never heard of Hyperlobby, when trying to connect to multiplayer do I type "hyperlobby" into the server address?
No, you must at first download and installing software. http://hyperfighter.sk/
CPU i7-4770/MB MSI Z87-G45/RAM DDR3 8Gb Patriot Black Mamba 2133MHz/Video MSI GeForce GTX580 Twin Froz II/SSD Corsair Force 3 240Gb /Audio Creative SB-XFi/ Monitor EIZO Nano FlexScan EV2736W 2560x1440/ Saitek X52 Pro & Pro Flight Rudder pedals
Old 06-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Download hyperlobby client software from here

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Downloads

Install and select "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" as game.
When you connect, you ingress the password you want and select the remember password, and once connected you will see all the people flying.
If you just bought the sim, remember to install 4.08m and 4.09m patches.

Check de dogfight servers, anyone that says 4.09m, you can fly on it. If it says mod of any kind, you will have to find on the web that mode.
I recomend at first you set a server and fly in there with your friends, and after that ventur online on other servers, to see how you a$s gets kicked over and over! . Take it with humour and keep there, and sooner that you think you will find your self returning the favour

Last edited by ECV56_Lancelot; 06-04-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

Hyperlobby software can be downloaded from the developer's site:

http://hyperfighter.sk/

Don't forget to drop some bucks on his Paypal account.

Cheers,
Insuber
Old 06-04-2010, 04:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECV56_Lancelot View Post
Download hyperlobby client software from here

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Downloads

Install and select "Forgotten Battles" as game, do not select the one that says only "IL-2 Sturmovik".

Jiri updated HyperLobby a few weeks ago and the Game you need to select is 'IL-2 Sturmovik 1946'....not 'Forgotten Battles' (which is no longer even a choice).

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 06-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Approved Member

I know the feeling after playing BF2 (Buterkupp) for years. I am a FPS player and I cant Believe How hooked I am on IL2 now. I have PS3 and Xbox 360 and other computer games and nothing has gotten my attention like this sim. I dont understand why I never heard of IL2 until Birds of Prey. It was a free demo download on my PS3.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviar View Post
Jiri updated HyperLobby a few weeks ago and the Game you need to select is 'IL-2 Sturmovik 1946'....not 'Forgotten Battles' (which is no longer even a choice).

Aviar
Thanks Aviar for let me know, i edited my post with the correction to avoid confussion.