Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

Great hardware bolox, what is the total cost of those equipments?
Old 09-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakinroll View Post
Great hardware bolox, what is the total cost of those equipments?
cost- was built over several years/ upgrades but...

tatmac aces stick/throttle ~£700
simped rudders ~£200
beta innovations controller(rip) ~£150
switches pots etc ~£200
wood/metal etc ~£100

would be a rough guess but spread over 5 yrs or so( and you could add 3 pc's )- still cheaper than going down the pub
Old 09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolox View Post
still cheaper than going down the pub
Agree but wifes never understand...
Old 09-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

Got a very quick and helpful response to the questions I asked.... now all I have to decide if its worth all that money....

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showt...=143631&page=2

Love the set-up shown above as I have a spare X52 throttle , I will have to get some peddles as well.... which are the best buy atm (And no i wont be buying the tamarc ones..... way way waayy too expensive)

Edit.

Actually might use my G27 pedals for rudders...

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 09-20-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Approved Member

Recently found this guy:

http://www.taffe.de/53958996b41421a0...107/index.html

Unfortunately his link to the stick manufacturer seems a bit weird, maybe it's worth to drop him a line anyway.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Got a very quick and helpful response to the questions I asked.... now all I have to decide if its worth all that money....

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showt...=143631&page=2

Love the set-up shown above as I have a spare X52 throttle , I will have to get some peddles as well.... which are the best buy atm (And no i wont be buying the tamarc ones..... way way waayy too expensive)

Edit.

Actually might use my G27 pedals for rudders...
I am also in the thinking box. If it had FFB I would buy it in a second. But with this no centering thing I am not very happy. I fly real aircrafts as well and despite tarmac's explanation i don't find this realistic. In flight there is always some self centering on the control stick. It is very important feedback during flying. Not to mention a well trimmed aircraft will fly straight if you release all the contols, becouse the controls are self centering into neutral.

Even if the springs can't simulate the continously changing forces on the controls it is better to have something than nothing. Of course FFB would be the absolutely best.

Let's see what will their new base bring.

Just my 2 cents.

MM
Old 10-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

I'm the proud owner of first KG13 produced, and i never have had regrets buying it. I feared slightly after breaking two plastic triggers but, as soon as the metal ones were ready, i returned my stick for a few days and it was immediatly mounted. Tarmac C6_Trollbug is really a nice bloke, very helpful and enthousiastic IL2 player too.

There are some valid cons listed above, indeed some kind of self centering is missing sometimes, especially when i want to let the stick free (after proper trimming of course) to get this map lost in the cockpit (or the telephone in my back, or that microphone jack wrongly plugged...) for some time, it almost always falls a bit to the left.

Indeed, real aircraft have some kind of self centering at speed (at least for the ailerons), and current KG13 is to be considered as a step product. Ideally, one day, we will have force feedback, plus the stick will center in a position depending on external forces AND trim, so not necessarily full center (most centered from left to right, but a little forward at speed).

This "special" force feedback is seemingly difficult to do right, tarmac guys have been working on it with an external programmer, but have not retained a valid solution yet (as per few months old news).

Meanwhile (and this meanwhile could take a few years), what we have is a fantastic 109 (or Mirage) stick feel in hand, with a very accurate grip on the deflection, wich help much in keeping these no ail trim birds level, or ride stall speed. When it comes to keep a constant deflection on that target to pepper it withrifle caliber, it is absolutely perfect too.

For the pedals and throttle i too found the expected gain in feel not worth my buying, and kept my X45 throttle and saitek pedals, but for cockpit builder they are a welcome addition imo.

Anyway, hope you have pleasure with this stick like i do, and that with enough clients buying they will bring us soon enough the force feedback option !