Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido[c] View Post
thanks a lot for the tips, they helped quite a bit.

one question though, how can I tell if it's day or night??

Cheers!
there is a indicator on the bottom left showing sun or moon etc. If you hover your mouse over it, it'll tell you what time of day it is. If you are inside a cave or so, its always considered to be night as far as I can tell.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

great very helpful so far..few more questions if you don't mind

1) sometimes when I try to buy a scroll from a vendor its greyed out and wont let me because I have too many or something. Even after deleting a bunch of scrolls from my spellbook it still won't let me buy it...thoughts?

2)whenver you try to upgrade your items or "suppress them" how can you tell how hard the battle will be or is it random?

thx
Old 12-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

1) Not sure about this. When you open your spell book it should show how many scrolls you have and how many you can carry. Remember that Wanderer Magic scrolls count as well, so you might have too many scrolls even if you sell/delete all the regular scrolls.

2) Those battles are not completely random. The item.txt file typically has 5 or 6 different setups for those fights, listing unit types and tower type. On top of that there is probably quite a bit of random that can make the battle harder or easier. I have found it practical to just save the game and try. If that particular fight turned out to be too tough, just reload and come back to it later when you have leveled up a couple of times.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

1) sometimes when I try to buy a scroll from a vendor its greyed out and wont let me because I have too many or something. Even after deleting a bunch of scrolls from my spellbook it still won't let me buy it...thoughts?

2)whenver you try to upgrade your items or "suppress them" how can you tell how hard the battle will be or is it random?

thx
1. you have to look at your magic skill(IIRC normally you are allowed to hold 2 scrolls (without the magic skill) and with it you can have 6 if i am not mistaken
upgrading it allows for more scrolls and as noted above wanderer scrolls count too

2. The battles are quite random and if i am not mistaken level and skill based just save and try it
Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

thx
You can have a certain number of magic scrolls stored in your spellbook. You can use the stored scrolls to cast the spell directly w/o mana needed, or to learn the spell from it (one time only is needed and one scroll is used) or to sell them to a castle. If the number of the scrolls you have is greater then the number you can store you cannot buy any scroll (but you can loot scrolls and get them as a reward). If you have a reason not to sell the excess scrolls then a possible decision is to look and buy an artifact which allows more scrolls to be stored. The best artifact I know allows 20 more scrolls and you can buy and equip more then one. Of course they are needed only when you want to buy a new scroll from a shop; after the purchase you can replace them with your preferred artifacts.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

thanks again for the tips, very helpful

sadly I'm having trouble following your "forget about zero loses" that you gave me Handel, if I lose a unit I can't help but reload.

Is there a spell that can resurrect fallen units? so far I have only found one unit that can resurrect and if I wait more than two turns it wont work anymore
Old 12-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

There is a Resurrection spell in the game and there are other units that can resurrect fallen troops.

Finding spells is based to a large extent on luck and you won't likely find this spell until much later in the game.

Units that can resurrect include Paladins and Demonologists. Again, when and where or even if ever, you find these units is luck dependent. Also, these units cannot resurrect every creature in the game. For example, Black Dragons and, AFAIK, Ice Dragons and Ice Spiders cannot be resurrected by Paladins or D-ologists.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
thanks again for the tips, very helpful

sadly I'm having trouble following your "forget about zero loses" that you gave me Handel, if I lose a unit I can't help but reload.
The viking soothsayers can rez units too (and not only for the last 2 turns).
Basically to reduce losses (or play with no loss at all) is very helpful to use summons and use them as cannon fodders.
As a matter of fact if not for the bad AI it would be impossible to play w/o losses. But the AI often makes stupid moves - for example when I don't need a spell this turn I cast stone skin to gain the corresponding perk for my hero. And guess what - the AI adores to dispel those stone skins although they are cast on an unit on the other side of the battlefield.