Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
Feel free to ask me any other questions hopefully you're able to repeat the problem I'm having...
I've hopefully created a fix for this, would you mind testing it out? You can download the update file(s) from here, or if you want to implement it manually, you can find the code here.

I tested it under a few different conditions locally and it worked fine, but secondary confirmation is always nice.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oji View Post
Blizzard spell freezes only 1 unit at best.
Luck runes don't seem to trigger 2nd turn on non-viking units.
I've had plenty of luck runes trigger on non viking units.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oji View Post
Blizzard spell freezes only 1 unit at best.
Luck runes don't seem to trigger 2nd turn on non-viking units.
I have seen luck runes trigger on my engineers and on the alchemists, so they do work in my experience. 10% is just very rare. As for the other, do you mean the Soothsayer ability or is there a spell by this name? I don't have a full spellbook so I am not sure. If it's the Soothsayer you can find a fix here.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

@Bhruic - I've added the highterrant fix and I also see the sticky request I sent in for your thread was acknowledged.

RE Orc Hunters agree they are kind of FUBAR. I'll update the entry soon to make it known the are displaying hidden abilities which need to be clarified. Perhaps I should make Training into it's own entry since it impacts druids, too. Do we feel pretty confident the only issue here a description issue since it appears to be a charm and not a summon?

Edit - I also removed my ses.kfs file from the bufixes thread as I think some players were using it and screwing up their games. No need for it anymore anyway.

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 11-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
I have seen luck runes trigger on my engineers and on the alchemists, so they do work in my experience. 10% is just very rare. As for the other, do you mean the Soothsayer ability or is there a spell by this name? I don't have a full spellbook so I am not sure. If it's the Soothsayer you can find a fix here.
Hmm, well played mostly human units after portal so far and never had a luck rune trigger, but on vikings it was very often. (well i guess i was just unlucky..the irony)
Blizzard is a spell, that does area cold damage and has freeze chance, but freeze chance always seems to affect only certain unit, depending on targeting. Ive tried looking into spell script, but couldn't figure out its freeze targeting mechanic.

Last edited by Oji; 11-07-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
@Bhruic - I've added the highterrant fix and I also see the sticky request I sent in for your thread was acknowledged.

RE Orc Hunters agree they are kind of FUBAR. I'll update the entry soon to make it known the are displaying hidden abilities which need to be clarified. Perhaps I should make Training into it's own entry since it impacts druids, too. Do we feel pretty confident the only issue here a description issue since it appears to be a charm and not a summon?
Yup, I got me a sticky!

As for the Orc Hunters, the discrepancy between their description and actual behaviour is a bit odd. It's similar to the "Cautious" behaviour where the description doesn't reflect reality, or with the Witch Hunter having mind immunity, but really not. What's actually happening seems like what happened in AP, but the descriptions are new. Perhaps they intended to change a bunch of units and/or abilities and then just didn't? They probably should do a complete verification of units actual abilities vs descriptions just to ensure they match.

And while I'm bugging you, "Sense Weakness activation chance" and "Shield of Rage inverse effect" are both in the Bugfix. Also the "Heat Focus causing crash with sound effect" was fixed in the patch, so is no longer a bug.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
And while I'm bugging you, "Sense Weakness activation chance" and "Shield of Rage inverse effect" are both in the Bugfix. Also the "Heat Focus causing crash with sound effect" was fixed in the patch, so is no longer a bug.
Great, I'll update those. I think I knew that, too... oops. :p I must have missed Heat Focus so I will mark it as patched.

Did I do the Orc Hunter / Training entries right? I am still not sure if the problem is that Training is mislabeled or if it's an ability half-transitioned to a new state and showing charateristics of both. If that's a better description of what's going on, maybe I should update Caution to better reflect what's going on, too. Then again, I can work out in my brain how it works for Caution, but not for Training. If you try to use Training and hover over an empty square, does it summon instead? Or does that only happen if the AI is using it?

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 11-07-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

It's hard to describe the bug well when there are multiple potential problems. I suspect it's good enough, they'll be able to figure out what the problem is from there. Well, hopefully.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

@Bhuric

I finally bought and used an Orc Hunter in combat and it seems... just fine, actually. It lists three abilities but the Snare and the Wild Call depend on their rage level. So I honestly don't see any issues with hidden abilities.

I do see that Training should say it controls vs. summons and wild call doesn't take your turn to use and probably ought to say so.

Wild Callworks just like hypnotize, actually in that you can even sacrifice what you control or cast beneficial spells on it. I also was able to stage it so the unit I controled broke control (it didn't die) to see if it becomes unattackable.... and it does. So I'm going to make some updates.

In other news, when you get a chance can you check out the code for the Blizzard Spell (only freezing first hex) and the Phoenix fire breath (not always igniting but description implies it does). Thanks.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I finally bought and used an Orc Hunter in combat and it seems... just fine, actually. It lists three abilities but the Snare and the Wild Call depend on their rage level. So I honestly don't see any issues with hidden abilities.
Huh. I didn't have any to hire in my game, so I was going off an enemy Orc Hunter. It only had the one ability listed, Training. Do enemy units just not display abilities properly, or is something else going on?

I've got the "Hire any unit" mod installed for testing, so I'll try picking one up to check the difference.

edit: Yup, looking at a hireable one, I can see all 3 skills listed. Very odd. Why does the enemy one not list the other 2 abilities?

edit x2: Every enemy Orc unit is only listing 1 ability in combat. I checked some other unit types and they've got 2 (or more). Why are Orcs only listing one?

Quote:
In other news, when you get a chance can you check out the code for the Blizzard Spell (only freezing first hex) and the Phoenix fire breath (not always igniting but description implies it does). Thanks.
Sure thing.

Last edited by Bhruic; 11-07-2012 at 07:42 PM.