Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Default What is your vote for the most overpowered spell in the game?

I'm going with Fear. It only costs 10 mana, it can be cast on a stack of any size (ie it is not restricted to your leadership), and it lasts a whopping 4 rounds at level 3.

As a mage with Higher Magic, you can disable 2 stacks of opponents within the first round, assuming they are lower level than any of your troops. And the spell is cheap enough and lasts long enough that it can easily be maintained.

And, as a bonus side effect, a boss skips his turn to cast spells if all of his remaining troops are feared.

I was considering Evlin, however it's more of a support for Black Knights, with the Black Nights being the overpowered of the two.

Any other suggestions?
Old 03-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

Target, or Time Back.

Target: Fear is good, but target lets you keep 4 out of 5 of your units completely out of combat

Time Back: Powerful resurrection effects, that also dispells. Heals any amount, and resets the use of all abilities.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Target, or Time Back.

Target: Fear is good, but target lets you keep 4 out of 5 of your units completely out of combat
Am I right in thinking Target only draws fire from archer units, or does it affect all units? I haven't really used the spell much.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Approved Member

All units in its level range. And if you haven't used it, I can understand how you would think fear is better .

Keep in mind however, that a spells duration ticks down at the end of a units turn. THis is important with level 1 target that lasts only a single turn. Casting it on something, then immediately going with that unit will use it right up!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

Stone skin. Too easy to reach 95% physical resistance with it.
There're lots of nice spells, but I don't think they're overpowered. Time back comes close though.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Fear hands down. Makes Blind completely worthless.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

The most powerful spell is in my opinion the Phantom Spell. Especially useful when doing a no-loss game. It can be used in a lot of ways. I think the game has a pre-Phantom and a post-Phantom phase. The game, especially on impossible, is very hard pre-Phantom and gets to ok and even easy post-Phantom. This is how important I consider the Phantom spell to be.

I would like to include Death Star when playing as a mage. Especially useful when fighting the dragons in their home land. They are nicely lined up at the beginning of the match, so a single Death Star can target all but one of the dragon stacks. With an Int of 50+ each stacks takes 10k or more in damage - doing astral damage it works wonder on black dragons as well. After a single Death Star spell, there is only a few remaining dragon stacks left...

Fear works on melee units even if you have units yourself of the same level. If you can surround your low level stack (for instance your level 3 Inquisitors) so that the melee unit can only get to your higher level stacks it will do nothing. I have tested this in KBTL but I guess it is the same in KBAP. I just tried it in KBAP, and it works there as well.

And I agree to what has already been mentioned: Fear, Target, Time Back and Stoneskin are all very powerful spells.

Last edited by ivra; 03-12-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

I'd like to put forward Mana Spring, at least for those trying for a no-loss game. Stoneskin isn't good unless you can get 55% physical resistance from other items, so by itself it isn't overpowered. Target is good, but not stellar unless you're comboing it with a turn-back-time or with a high-resistance setup (stoneskin + other resistances for example). Mana spring, all by itself, can transform most victories into no-loss victories.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

I second the motion on the Phantom spell; scapegoat unit and damage-dealer in one, a defensive and offensive spell in one complete package.

Eviln gets second place IMO. The most powerful resurrection spell in KBAP, up to 30% of the original stack (though the most powerful resurrection effect still goes to the repair ability of the repair droids, up to 85% of a comparable leadership droid stack, which is further enhanced by yet again the Phantom spell).
Old 03-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroonMaurader View Post
I'd like to put forward Mana Spring, at least for those trying for a no-loss game. Stoneskin isn't good unless you can get 55% physical resistance from other items, so by itself it isn't overpowered. Target is good, but not stellar unless you're comboing it with a turn-back-time or with a high-resistance setup (stoneskin + other resistances for example). Mana spring, all by itself, can transform most victories into no-loss victories.
How exactly does it do that, if I may ask?

Target lets you put all your casualties in one spot, if any, so you can resurrect.

Saying that stoneskin 'isn't good unless you can get 55% physical resistance' is completely false. A level 3 stoneskin is 40% boost to defense and physical resistance, which will net a massive reduction in a units damage (Even pretty good from non-physical sources).

Mana spring, while a great tool for a few of the harder battles, is just not as required, especially compared to KBTL where it was your best in battle source of mana.