Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 03-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Default A matter of ethics....

After some months of practicing I am going to try online gaming. The problem is that I like to fly a lot of aircrafts....so I ask you, is it allowed to join more than one group, and in opposite fields? Of course I'll start with one, but I'd like to have the chance to try also something else.

P.S.: Please don't say that it's typical italian to want to hold one foot in two shoes
Old 03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Generally no. Especially if say you were going to join 1 red and 1 blue. We have had a few people try the multisquad thing, it never works out as the time they can commit is halved. Also that person the picks and chooses the best bits to turn up, ie campaign battles trainings etc, which leads to a slight resentment from regulars or when he is told his slot is given to some one else as they are more active...

Just go for the one you fancy best and give it your all I say.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Your best bet is to join a crew which doesn't care about sides, but then you will find that they are not so serious as a fighting group. Or join a multisquadron group which allows you to shift about.

Air Combat Group has both factions. You have to select a crew (or a type to fly at least) and then you have those tags but in general play you can fly whatever you like. For anything official, such as campaign or a practice, you have to fly that of the commander of your squadron/geschwader. You may transfer squadrons internally.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

Jeez...........do you know,that is typically Italian to want to hold one foot in two shoes,lol......Sorry old chap,could'nt resist that.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 03-12-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcastel57 View Post
After some months of practicing I am going to try online gaming. The problem is that I like to fly a lot of aircrafts....so I ask you, is it allowed to join more than one group, and in opposite fields? Of course I'll start with one, but I'd like to have the chance to try also something else.

P.S.: Please don't say that it's typical italian to want to hold one foot in two shoes
Hi Marcastel,

Be sure to install Teamspeak3 and come on the ATAG server. We have separate Red and Blue channels; you're welcome to switch back and forth to try out RAF (red) and LW (blue) aircraft as much as you like.

Introduce yourself to the other fliers on your chosen channel -- we're a friendly bunch. Shoot me a PM if you need more specifics, I'd be pleased to provide the info you want.

Cheers,

Snapper
Old 03-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
Hi Marcastel,

Be sure to install Teamspeak3 and come on the ATAG server. We have separate Red and Blue channels; you're welcome to switch back and forth to try out RAF (red) and LW (blue) aircraft as much as you like.

Introduce yourself to the other fliers on your chosen channel -- we're a friendly bunch. Shoot me a PM if you need more specifics, I'd be pleased to provide the info you want.

Cheers,

Snapper
I second that. The Atag server and crowd is very helpful.