Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 04-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Default ATAG Dedicated Server is up!

Hi all.

Our server is now up. This is a full realism (minus 2 handed controls) server that is set to host 128 players.

Server hardware:

Quote:
-Two Intel Xeon X5690 processors (twelve physical 3.46ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo->3.73ghz)
-48 GB registered DDR3 ECC memory
-10gbps upload/download all fiber network

It also keeps ATAG members warm in the winter!

FS~Phat - eat your heart out
We have now switched to an unlimited slot TS3 server that everyone is welcome to use. If anyone would like their own private/public squad channels, let me know Never fly alone. Grab a wingman and fly tactically!

TS3 IP: 216.52.148.29:9987

IL2COD Direct connect IP: 216.52.148.29:27016

Cheers!

ATAG Forums + Stats

Last edited by ATAG_Bliss; 10-24-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Nice.. drools over the thought of 128 players.. Dog-fight heaven!

Until you find a mission replacement, I can add various bomber objectives (so you guy's dont' feel left out). Someone would have to test those as it would probably take me 20 goes to land a bomb in the right place, lol.

Currently adding a fuel truck convey - with a destination to a fuel yard (big boom - nice find to the guy who posted about that in a thread).

I'll look into getting trains working too, as another objective.

Ships could be another tasty objective.

I'm intent on working out how to allow players to re-arm/fuel and will add that if possible - not sure about repair.

Any suggestions welcome, or any problems, I'd be happy to tweak away.

I'll update the mission briefing's to give co-ordinates for the bomber objectives (eg. E4 - Truck convoy heading south to fuel depot at E6)

Last edited by doghous3; 04-11-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

i get all the time the "time out" message.dont know what im doing wrong.
i just cannot connect.and when i quit the game, my internet doesnt work anymore!???
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Nice Bliss.. im sure going to give it a try!
Thxs for ur trouble and certainly if it is as good as the previous one, it is going to rock!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghous3 View Post
Nice.. drools over the thought of 128 players.. Dog-fight heaven!

Until you find a mission replacement, I can add various bomber objectives (so you guy's dont' feel left out). Someone would have to test those as it would probably take me 20 goes to land a bomb in the right place, lol.

Currently adding a fuel truck convey - with a destination to a fuel yard (big boom - nice find to the guy who posted about that in a thread).

I'll look into getting trains working too, as another objective.

Ships could be another tasty objective.

I'm intent on working out how to allow players to re-arm/fuel and will add that if possible - not sure about repair.

Any suggestions welcome, or any problems, I'd be happy to tweak away.

I'll update the mission briefing's to give co-ordinates for the bomber objectives (eg. E4 - Truck convoy heading south to fuel depot at E6)
Wow that is awesome. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this. Btw, go hog wild with it, ships/objectives/tanks/AI planes etc. (all sorts of objectives and stuff for bomber guys) With MP being very, erhhmm.., basic for the dedicated part, we might as well go all out and see how good the present software with the game is.

Trust me, the server will handle anything you throw at it. Let's see how the game engine does

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
i get all the time the "time out" message.dont know what im doing wrong.
i just cannot connect.and when i quit the game, my internet doesnt work anymore!???
Hi David,

Did you ever get that sorted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksen View Post
Nice Bliss.. im sure going to give it a try!
Thxs for ur trouble and certainly if it is as good as the previous one, it is going to rock!
Thanks Riksen

We hope so mate! Still the early days of the game let alone MP, but I think it's going be quite amazing in a few months.

Don't forget to hop on coms

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Ok cool, and it's np; it's fun to do. Be nice to have some documentation though, but devs are notoriously bad for keeping any, so will have to trial an error a few things I suspect.

There is an immediate issue though. TIME - I'll look into it, but as time does what it does, and the server is 24/7, there will be several hours of pure darkness; like now. There are spot-light objects, which is fine for airfields, but dog-fights over the Channel.. lol.

But there's always a way!

Anyway, might be a good idea to time a server restart so that it's light for the peak time of the server; which I'm sure you can gleam from server statistics. I'll adjust mission start time to 4am (dawn, but light enough).

Last edited by doghous3; 04-11-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post

Trust me, the server will handle anything you throw at it. Let's see how the game engine does
Remeber SYN that your server maybe able to handle it but not everyones PC will be able to handle the strain causing lag.

you might want to run lean and clean and slowly add objects to find a happy medium.

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 04-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

To set server to constant time try putting TIMECONSTANT 1 right after time in your mission file:

--------------
[PARTS]
core.100
bob.100
[MAIN]
MAP Land$Online_Carrier_War
BattleArea 150000 100000 100000 150000 1000
TIME 12
TIMECONSTANT 1
WeatherIndex 0
CloudsHeight 1000
BreezeActivity 10
ThermalActivity 10
[GlobalWind_0]
---------

I am not sure it works just read it at sukhoi.ru forums.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Approved Member

ok Im in the server but cant do anything but pick my plane and such. there is no Fly now or start or anything like that. what am I doing wrong. I even see 2 players in the server list.

Ok I found it but when I hit fly it crashed

Last edited by Hooves; 04-11-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
Remeber SYN that your server maybe able to handle it but not everyones PC will be able to handle the strain causing lag.

you might want to run lean and clean and slowly add objects to find a happy medium.

S!
I agree with you, but I don't think that excess ground objects and AI are going to put much more strain on your system. At least with IL2 of old, only if you went really crazy and tried to group 1000 tanks together did it cause slow downs. I hope that the server will be handing all the calculations for any sort of AI (planes, tanks, ships) so the only additional detail would be more objects to load. But in the early stages of the game, it would be nice to see just how much you can put in before it effects clients.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghous3 View Post
Ok cool, and it's np; it's fun to do. Be nice to have some documentation though, but devs are notoriously bad for keeping any, so will have to trial an error a few things I suspect.

There is an immediate issue though. TIME - I'll look into it, but as time does what it does, and the server is 24/7, there will be several hours of pure darkness; like now. There are spot-light objects, which is fine for airfields, but dog-fights over the Channel.. lol.

But there's always a way!

Anyway, might be a good idea to time a server restart so that it's light for the peak time of the server; which I'm sure you can gleam from server statistics. I'll adjust mission start time to 4am (dawn, but light enough).
Awesome. Looking forward to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
To set server to constant time try putting TIMECONSTANT 1 right after time in your mission file:

--------------
[PARTS]
core.100
bob.100
[MAIN]
MAP Land$Online_Carrier_War
BattleArea 150000 100000 100000 150000 1000
TIME 12
TIMECONSTANT 1
WeatherIndex 0
CloudsHeight 1000
BreezeActivity 10
ThermalActivity 10
[GlobalWind_0]
---------

I am not sure it works just read it at sukhoi.ru forums.
Thanks for this. We'll try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
ok Im in the server but cant do anything but pick my plane and such. there is no Fly now or start or anything like that. what am I doing wrong. I even see 2 players in the server list.

Ok I found it but when I hit fly it crashed
Did you get it to work?

//////

On another note: The dedi software seems pretty good as far as stability. I read some of the people hosting and playing from the same machine were reporting crashes. But so far, the dedicated software hasn't skipped a beat.

Also, it appears the dedi software can be ran without the use of steam. This is good news as I think it could be incorporated into Hyperlobby quite easily

But hosting from the GUI/in game still obviously needs steam.

ATAG Forums + Stats