Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 01-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

Default Plane won't taxi :-(

Hi all!

Just having a few online issues with "clod".

#1 when I spawn in my spit and when I wait for it to warm up when I'm ready to taxi the dam thing won't budge! I mean full throttle in a hanger...em I missing something hear or is this just another glitch with the sim?

#2 Sometimes when I'm online with my brother (who btw is on the other side of town) after an hour or so one of us will start a slide show then "CTD" and of course have to rejoin , which is kind of a pain in the but really!

Not sure if anyone out there is having the same prob but some feed back will be most appreciated! Don't get me wrong I know this sim was unfinished when it came out and it needs a lot of work. I've been a il2 fan right from the beginning and do have faith in this one as well

yours truly Voo_Doo67
Old 01-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Approved Member

I have had this problem before also.. try tapping the brake key. Its almost like the parking break is set...lol

352ndRibbs

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit/AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B50 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2gig/8gigs of RipJaw 1600
Old 01-18-2012, 04:32 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Ribbs!

I'll give it a try! lol
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

1. Make sure you set prop-pitch to fine and break controls are set correctly (check if any axis set for breaks for instance).

2. After each flight restart the game. There are .bat files available on the forum to quickly connect to a server skipping menus after game restart. Should be fixed in the next patch. There are other solutions that help some like installing Win7-64 with CLoD on a separate SSD or to 2 different HDD drives, increasing RAM to 16Gb, taking care of your registry and system in general (defrag, etc.) Check out technical forum sections.

Last edited by Ataros; 01-18-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

Thxs Ataros, I'm doing all the things u mentioned... as far as the bat files where Can I acquire these please.

Thxs, Voo
Old 01-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo_Doo67 View Post
as far as the bat files where Can I acquire these please.
Please find Repka ones attached. The ATAG ones can be probably found in the ATAG thread or their forums. You can also edit server IP in bat files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Repka connect.zip (598 Bytes, 9 views)
Old 01-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

To the original poster. The vast majority of us have the crashes since the last patch. I've never had crashes online until this last damn patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
1. Make sure you set prop-pitch to fine and break controls are set correctly (check if any axis set for breaks for instance).

2. After each flight restart the game. There are .bat files available on the forum to quickly connect to a server skipping menus after game restart. Should be fixed in the next patch. There are other solutions that help some like installing Win7-64 with CLoD on a separate SSD or to 2 different HDD drives, ....
That's not a fix. I have Win7 64bit and CLOD on two separate SSD's, on different 6Gb/s SATA controlers. I get the crashes all the time.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Old 01-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
That's not a fix. I have Win7 64bit and CLOD on two separate SSD's, on different 6Gb/s SATA controlers. I get the crashes all the time.
It does not help all unfortunately, perhaps it depends on other settings.

Repka guys just watch Launcher memory in Process Explorer between flights. As soon as it reaches about 3.6Gb they restart the game. For some it takes 30 minutes for others 1.5 hours to run out of this limit.

Maybe reducing texture quality may help btw.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Re CTD's:

Prior to each online flying session go to your C:\Your Documents\Library\1C Softclub\IL2 Sturmovik folder and delete the Cache folder. (This includes the Shaders folder inside the Cache folder). Not to worry, immediately upon starting CoD a fresh Cache folder (with a fresh Shaders folder inside) will be created automatically.

Don't know why this works, but I rarely get CTD's anymore, and I fly online on the ATAG Axis vs Allies server at least two hours daily. It only takes a minute and a mouse click or two. Worth a try!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

Default Taxi Miami

Taxi Miami
Miami Beach Taxi