Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg14870 View Post
1C makes so many high-tech war games that keep getting better and better. Their simulation games, however, stink. Freight Tycoon's graphics are horrible, in my opinion. It also seems that 1C did not put much effort into Rig n Roll. I do not understand how a good company could release a game with so many bugs, have all these forums, and still not fix all the problems or even acknowledge the problems presented by the players.
good point, but you missed the point, that they even ignore the players.

some quotes of the last interview with igor:

Quote:
Quote:11. As you can see, a lot of people are complaining about the delivery time and the game feeling like a race. Will there be a patch that would give us the option to "turn on/off" delivery time.

Well the situation is a little bit different here as I can see it. We have thoroughly studied lots of resources where players discussed our product and came to the conclusion that opinions tend to be quite different. A lot of people expressed their opinion and said that it would have been uninteresting for them to drive around without the said time, because they feel the absence of the ‘delivery spirit.’ It is possible to introduce such an option, but the difficulty of its implementation (necessity to revise some of the missions etc) looks unjustified as of now.
wait what?! "delivery spirit"?! ... yeah right igor, exactly thats what 99% sayed...

Quote:
1. As you know there were plenty of talking in praise on game but the words of criticism were too. There were not traffic lights, speed limit signs and pedestrians much to our disappointment. Can we expect these things in a patch or international version of game?

In the real world there are almost no traffic lights on the recreated Californian highways, hence you will not see any in the game. We are looking at bringing the pedestrians back in the forthcoming add-ons. As for the game itself – the Russian and international versions will not be any different.
uhm.. there is more then just highways.. you remember?! i guess you should, since you produced the game, didn't you?
remember those (tbh. nice) towns in the northern part of the map?! you shitting me if you tell me there are no traffic lights anywhere.

just to make one thing clear and i guess that explains it very well:

Quote:
They stooped to the lowest level, and then broke through the ground when they did this interview.
thanks signsmasher for those words, you made the point pretty clear.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Of course there are no lights on the highway. We're not talking about the highways. What we/I mean is the RURAL towns, and side streets. This was mentioned several times, and I know I did it many. My wife is from California, I had many loads in California, and there ARE TRAFFIC LIGHTS, STOP-SIGNS & YIELD SIGNS. Did your surveyors fall asleep, or something when he came here?

@Mr. Luder,

It would be nice if you could tell me/us who wrote some of the posts that you are referring to. I have no idea who you mean, or where it was found. Help me/us out. When you quote someone, it's respectful, and helpful to let people know who wrote it. You have 4 quoted postings, and 3 of them I have no idea whom you are quoting.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-21-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

These quotes are from the lastest interview with jarek from truckpol I think. I'm from california and I can tell you we sure have traffic lights, of course we mean on the streets not the high way. This guy knows they got lazy which is why we have no traffic lights. Only a moron would think we meant traffic lights on the highway.

Last edited by GinXeng; 04-21-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinXeng View Post
Theose quotes are from the lastest interview with jarek from truckpol I think.
Thanks, good to know. BTW, how did you make a recording of your parallel parking?

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-21-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Fraps.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
I'm curious as to what the first reviews of the bigger gaming magazines will have to say about RnR.
well one thing is for sure, you will only find the positive ones on these forums.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

As far as i can see from the Game in Videos and Screenshots i just can say this game looks totally horrible.I am from germany and waited years for this Game in hope it will be something really new and improved. But its the same like the Game "Daikatana" maybe some remember this title...The wanted to release it 1997 but they shifted it to 2000 and the game was a whole flop.
And with RNR its the same and the Gamer Community waited even longer.This is not a truck simulation its more just a racing game. You just drive from Warehouse A to Warehouse B...The Automatic in these Warehouses do the rest. In such a case i prefer to play titles like German Truck Simulator. Maybe you cant upgrade Visuals but they have a huge Community in there Back which modify new Tracks,Trailer,Trucks and stuff. And another Reason to play GTS is you have to hook up trailer by yourself and park them at the firm you delivered it

Trust me..with Mods from the GTS/ETS Community the game doesnt look so boring how you think
Old 04-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

I have German Truck Simulator too and I love it. From my experiences, buy trucking games for SCS Software. They are the best.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg14870 View Post
I have German Truck Simulator too and I love it. From my experiences, buy trucking games for SCS Software. They are the best.
Although they may be better than RnR in some aspects, they are still absolutely horrible. Just because something isn't as bad as something else doesn't mean it's actually good
Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
Although they may be better than RnR in some aspects, they are still absolutely horrible. Just because something isn't as bad as something else doesn't mean it's actually good
Well said. RnR is not the greatest game for trucking, but it's not the worst either.