Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > Mods

Mods NecroVisioN MODs and other improvements

Old 04-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Registered Member

Default You can mod Necrovision?

You can mod Necrovision?
What do you need I like toying with weapons no matter the game.

Trying to learn Uscript, bit by bit I make something worth while .
Old 04-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSMlee View Post
You can mod Necrovision?
1-You can read the thread titles in the mod section?
2-Yes
Quote:
What do you need I like toying with weapons no matter the game.
1-To use the "search" feature looking for terms like "tool" or "utility"
2-Painfull by Xentax, notepad, and a brain.

Quote:
Trying to learn Uscript, bit by bit I make something worth while .
Uscript won't get you anywhere with Necrovision. Uscript is for unreal engine based games. Necrovision is based on the painkiller engine. Learn LUA.

Now some comments on another of your posts:
Quote:
Now on to Necrovision

What this game lacks is continuity checks and quality control
When speaking about the NVN game code, you can drop the "control". I hope you already know how to code, because people from the farm51 are NOT people you should learn coding from.
Quote:
the phantom can be damaged by bullets but not anything else…. Quite annoying… I soooo wanted to shove a couple bayonets up its arse…
Oh?! that's strange, but you can probably mod that.
Quote:
More nitpicking but on easier to fix things Pistol aim is a joke, I hate iron sights as is but it’s horrible maybe because its meant to be a short range weapon.
1-If you don't like ironsight, you don't have to use it.
2-Ironsight only works when you wield ONLY ONE pistol. Who doesn't dual wield them?
Quote:
From some research I did of the Luger and colt .45 the luger is more accurate and powerful than a colt .45 but for the sake of gameplay we need a better difference the colt could be 50% more powerful but 30% less accurate and the Lugar could be more accurate but I like a solid perceivable difference in like weapons..
To be realistic it would be something like luger=150% more powerful, bigger clip, more accurate...And that's the first weapon you find...So gameplay wise that would make the colt useless.
Quote:
that and the pistol is just much to weak…. It’s a frigging BB gun….
Agreed...but we need one or two of those in every game.
Quote:
Though one of the pistols needs to be a more powerful…
Mod it then.
Quote:
Or another thought reduce all weapons by 30% damage wise and then stack it 10% for each vampieric artifact you find.
Knowing that we can have up to 27 artefacts, that would make +240%dmg (I can already hear the complains from the WAF - World Afterlife Fund)

Quote:
I am playing the game on hard mode and it’s too easy, I’d like a much slower heal rate maybe by a quarter of current speed or just have a toggle slider *rant rant rant*
Mod it then. *paste paste paste*
Quote:
Bayonet/grenades really need less mass for collision its always sticking/bouncing off of a wall just by the character or where I am aiming it at. Also the character itself can get to close to a wall nullifying melee and kicks.
Bouncing off? I've never seen a bayonet/shovel bounce off (or I don't remember). You see NVN is geared toward fun, and it's more fun to see a zombie fly 3 meter and get nailed on the wall than just see a bayonet sticket in their shoulder.
Quote:
Also it would be nice if you had a secret counter on the objectives list
Mod...
Quote:
All in all Necrovision has good level design fun weapons and abilities and a AI built on keeping the player active wish there was a bit more stealth in the game
Duhhh...if you're looking for stealth, you didn't buy the right game
Old 04-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gniarf View Post
1-You can read the thread titles in the mod section?
2-Yes

1-To use the "search" feature looking for terms like "tool" or "utility"
2-Painfull by Xentax, notepad, and a brain.
Theres not a faq/sticky here in the modding thread telling people how to,thus why I asked. And brainz I haz even if they are slightly rotten
mmm brraiinnssssssss *shuffle shuffle*

Quote:
Uscript won't get you anywhere with Necrovision. Uscript is for unreal engine based games. Necrovision is based on the painkiller engine. Learn LUA.
Ah but it goes to show skills... or lack there of...

Quote:
Now some comments on another of your posts:
When speaking about the NVN game code, you can drop the "control". I hope you already know how to code, because people from the farm51 are NOT people you should learn coding from.
Now now there's plenty of qaulity in the game just not a lot of solid design direction.

Quote:
Oh?! that's strange, but you can probably mod that.
I know it drove me crazy trying to use adrenaline to make it easier to land a hit and passed at least 5 bayonets through it (dieing over 10 times in the process) before giving up 0-o.

Quote:
1-If you don't like ironsight, you don't have to use it.
2-Ironsight only works when you wield ONLY ONE pistol. Who doesn't dual wield them?
Its not so much do not like its so much dose not work.... then again not many things work right when I get my fool hands on it... =0-o= LOL

Quote:
To be realistic it would be something like luger=150% more powerful, bigger clip, more accurate...And that's the first weapon you find...So gameplay wise that would make the colt useless.
No one said it had to be realistic just have the 2 pistol types be different from each other, power is generally off set by accuracy or rate of fire.
One could have more clip and accuracy the other have more power.
Oooooo is it easy to change ammo? Make the Colt use rifle rounds lower its accuracy a tad and raise damage enough to where it pops skulls easily.

Quote:

Agreed...but we need one or two of those in every game.
Bah BB guns suck,besides that's what kicking is for

Quote:
Mod it then.
Have to figure out how first
Quote:
Knowing that we can have up to 27 artefacts, that would make +240%dmg (I can already hear the complains from the WAF - World Afterlife Fund)
Wow I didn't know there were that many plus the shot gun is already over the top...mmmm pistols and melee get a 2% bonus damage per artifact then again drop all weapons by 50% add 5% per artifact that's a bonus of 135% once you find them all. Dose that sound any more plausible gameplay wise? I mean by the fortress that's 4 or 5 artifacts thus a boost of 20-25%, or have the machineguns,pistols,melee get a 10% per artifact caped at 100%.

Damnit I hate it when I think up stuff I could never code to save my life ><

Quote:
Mod it then.
*paste paste paste*
I will try to

Quote:
Bouncing off? I've never seen a bayonet/shovel bounce off (or I don't remember). You see NVN is geared toward fun, and it's more fun to see a zombie fly 3 meter and get nailed on the wall than just see a bayonet sticket in their shoulder.
ACK! let me clearfiy, bayonets/shovels get stuck on the wall grenades bounce off when you stand close to a wall that visually it looks like you have plenty of clearance to toss it.

Had a similar issue with Infernal the grenades where quite right...then again neither was the game...but ti was pretty good for a B movie action title.

Quote:
Mod... Duhhh...if you're looking for stealth, you didn't buy the right game.
I know I know I know but more polished AI generally dose not know where you are ALL THE DAMN TIME...then again it beats over scripted AI that's half blind/deaf.. or forgets you are there after 2 minutes....
Old 04-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Theres not a faq/sticky here in the modding thread telling people how to,thus why I asked. And brainz I haz even if they are slightly rotten
Arr...I can drop the recruitment offer then.
Quote:
Now now there's plenty of qaulity in the game just not a lot of solid design direction.
plenty of quality in the game, yes (graphics, gameplay, anything from the user point of view)
plenty of quality in the game code (=luas), no.
Quote:
I know it drove me crazy trying to use adrenaline to make it easier to land a hit and passed at least 5 bayonets through it (dieing over 10 times in the process) before giving up 0-o.
2 deaths/bayonet...You know what god mod is? (console->nvngod)
Quote:
Oooooo is it easy to change ammo? Make the Colt use rifle rounds lower its accuracy a tad and raise damage enough to where it pops skulls easily.
Yes, it's a 15s job. Just wondering: can you fit a rifle round (78mm for the smle, 57mm for the gew98 ) in a gun handle? 'Coz colts are quite rare in the game, so we could somehow say they are custom made/modded pistols...
Quote:
mmmm pistols and melee get a 2% bonus damage per artifact.
You mean it's really the case in the retail game? Damn I never noticed.
Quote:
drop all weapons by 50% add 5% per artifact that's a bonus of 135% once you find them all. Dose that sound any more plausible gameplay wise?
Instead of tampering with gun damage you could bring more baddies (someting like "artefacts increase max fury but also attracts zombies").
Dunno if 135% is better, actually what worried me is that in my mod I dual wield every weapon in the game (=200%dmg) so add the 240% factor->480%
Personally I'm a firm adept of the "one bullet is one bullet" policy, so damage shouldn't vary unless you tamper somehow with the bullet propulsion, shape, or mass...Then again you do what you want in your mod.
Quote:
Damnit I hate it when I think up stuff I could never code to save my life ><
That? Things you could never code? Aww c'mon (says the half wit who's attempting to rewrite the luas, little bit by little bit)
Quote:
ACK! let me clearfiy, bayonets/shovels get stuck on the wall grenades bounce off when you stand close to a wall that visually it looks like you have plenty of clearance to toss it.
Arr...That should be because of their "Gunpass" hack. I'll give you some clues:
-Did you notice guns never go through walls/ennemies?
-Take the flamer, there is a little ignition spark at the end of the barrel. Approach a wall. Where is the spark? Then slowly turn...
I have removed this hack in the MadMan's Mess mod - I broke other things in the process and fixed some of those in v0.3 (release scheldued this weekend, if I don't get a General Lazyness Fault).
Quote:
I know I know I know but more polished AI generally dose not know where you are ALL THE DAMN TIME...then again it beats over scripted AI that's half blind/deaf.. or forgets you are there after 2 minutes....
I didn't look at the AI code but I suspect it's something like "advance following vector player_position-my_position"
Old 04-24-2009, 03:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Arr...I can drop the recruitment offer then.
Probably best since I have a very annoying grammar/speaking style plus when learning how to code I can be a real annoyance

But I will be more than happy to share thoughts on anything! Just don't mind the drool

Quote:
plenty of quality in the game, yes (graphics, gameplay, anything from the user point of view)
plenty of quality in the game code (=luas), no.
Kinda like epic and UT3.....WTH textures and sht are locked? MTHERFCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL.

When I want to do a mod I better not hit a wall or my attention span will snap and I'll move on to something else.... uhg need to dig the fan captured textures and do my "Punisher" Enforcer pistol....
Quote:
2 deaths/bayonet...You know what god mod is? (console->nvngod)
God mode is boring and should only be used for testing.
That and inf ammo help balance a weapon if you want to just pay full attention on it for awhile.

Quote:
Yes, it's a 15s job. Just wondering: can you fit a rifle round (78mm for the smle, 57mm for the gew98 ) in a gun handle? 'Coz colts are quite rare in the game, so we could somehow say they are custom made/modded pistols...
Well the stick portion of the Gew is whats inserted in its rifle like launcher.

There's 3 ways to mod the pistol from my view point, give a explanation of some kind as to why the bullets shared with the C96 do more damage from the Colt either a magical boost from the player, or a magical boost to the colt itself or a tech explanation like mag rail or gas assist. But it would be easier to say its been heavily modified to use rifle rounds, 5 shots a clip like the rifle or 6 shots like a 6 shooter.

I know there are a few pistol mods that use crazy sized bullets.
If you don't want to or can't change ammo a good way to change it is to change the weapon name and satas while useing the current ammo.

One of thigns that still has me up a tree in UT04 is ammo as I can not get ti to change what ammo a weapon uses without other weapons having trouble....morons go and make ammo a child class of the weapon throwing off easy codeing looking to fix it but so far what info I found dose not work...or I am doing it wrong...

Quote:
You mean it's really the case in the retail game? Damn I never noticed.
No I am just suggesting a hypothetical gameplay change.

Quote:
Instead of tampering with gun damage you could bring more baddies (someting like "artefacts increase max fury but also attracts zombies").
Dunno if 135% is better, actually what worried me is that in my mod I dual wield every weapon in the game (=200%dmg) so add the 240% factor->480%
Mmm I was thinking direct damage of the weapon not in adrenaline mode or using fury's, but I forgot to factor in furys.... uhg I always forget something ><

I think just tweaking the pistols a bit would result in what I am after,speaking of which can you have it use 2 ammo per shot making it more pistol ammo hungry? Its a yet another way to change the weapon without having to add in new ammo and what not.
And prehpas defang the shotgun some.....that thing is much to OTT....
Quote:
Personally I'm a firm adept of the "one bullet is one bullet" policy, so damage shouldn't vary unless you tamper somehow with the bullet propulsion, shape, or mass...Then again you do what you want in your mod.
For me its gameplay options>all weapons the same, really just died a little inside from Fallout 3's weapons all practically being the same I just like to see more differentiation in like weapons..and weapons in genreall.

Quote:
That? Things you could never code? Aww c'mon (says the half wit who's attempting to rewrite the luas, little bit by little bit)
I don't so much as code but cut and past, bad habbits I picked up doing unreal 1 ages ago and still I can not process code so well but there again I been codeing on and off for the last few years.

Quote:
Arr...That should be because of their "Gunpass" hack. I'll give you some clues:
-Did you notice guns never go through walls/ennemies?
-Take the flamer, there is a little ignition spark at the end of the barrel. Approach a wall. Where is the spark? Then slowly turn...
I have removed this hack in the MadMan's Mess mod - I broke other things in the process and fixed some of those in v0.3 (release scheldued this weekend, if I don't get a General Lazyness Fault).
Its quite annoying you have to account 6 inches of a wall when you are aiming.

Sounds good when I get back home next week I'll try it out stuck on dail up right now while I am at a relatives. Took my PC....and shes in need of a new PSU..... the old one is getting ready to stop working its got capacitor whine and signs the slows down the higher the whining gets I been checking tis volts and its seems like its enough to run it for now...but I need to plunk down 200$ for a good one next month... so I been playing the Xbox(non 360) games I got more than my PC....

Quote:

I didn't look at the AI code but I suspect it's something like "advance following vector player_position-my_position"
(what you said went over my head)
....bbbwwaaiinnnssssssss......*shuffle shuffle* LOL
No really I only understand that a bit plus this game dose not have complex AI it ses it it shoots it kinda like Bioshock only it has a range limit on what it can see and a time out script to go back to patrolling..... I still think the AI in System shock 2 was better....
=======================
About Infernal it came out 1-2 years ago, I kinda liked it despite the obvious issues it had. I jsut picked up dark sector going to try it once I get my new PSU in... might pick up POP:Warroir within as well since I have mostly enjoyed POP sands of time on my Xbox.
=======
Speaking of ODD fps/games have you played Dark Messiah, there's another game I loved despite itself I'll take wonky innovation over blantly tried and safe designs anyday!!?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Probably best since I have a very annoying grammar/speaking style
that's SO true!
Quote:
But I will be more than happy to share thoughts on anything! Just don't mind the drool
I'll spam the board with my questions whenever I feel so. Answer at your discretion.
Quote:
Kinda like epic and UT3.....WTH textures and sht are locked?
locked textures? I've got 3.3Gb of .dds textures to edit at your heart's content. The only problem is editting the pkmdl models. (you like file format reverse engineering?)
Quote:
uhg need to dig the fan captured textures and do my "Punisher" Enforcer pistol....
If you just want to edit dmg/ROF/ammo, that's easy=a good start. If you want to change its looks, give up (see comment above).
Quote:
God mode is boring and should only be used for testing.
Or by 455holes like me who love mindless butchery.
Quote:
There's 3 ways to mod the pistol from my view point, give a explanation of some kind as to why the bullets shared with the C96 do more damage from the Colt either a magical boost from the player, or a magical boost to the colt itself or a tech explanation like mag rail or gas assist. But it would be easier to say its been heavily modified to use rifle rounds, 5 shots a clip like the rifle or 6 shots like a 6 shooter.
mag rail=?
tech explanation:
-longer barrel=more speed=power
-vs damaged/overused barrel (more friction/gas leaks)

When I said "can you fit a rifle round in a gun handle" I didn't mean that the problem is how many rounds you can stack in a clip, but instead that the bullet are contained in the clip and the clip is contained in the gun handle and the gun handle in contained in the hand. So would the handle fit in the hand?
Quote:
I know there are a few pistol mods that use crazy sized bullets.
600 NE?
Quote:
One of thigns that still has me up a tree in UT04 is ammo as I can not get ti to change what ammo a weapon uses without other weapons having trouble....morons go and make ammo a child class of the weapon throwing off easy codeing looking to fix it but so far what info I found dose not work...or I am doing it wrong...
ammoPICKUP being a child of the weapon is somehow defendable (weapon pickup gives ammo, ammo pickup=weapon pickup with different looks)...but ammo itself shouldn't even be a class, just a number in the AmmoAmount array. WTF did they come up with this time?...
Quote:
I think just tweaking the pistols a bit would result in what I am after,speaking of which can you have it use 2 ammo per shot making it more pistol ammo hungry?
The line is (in Colt1911.lua): w._ammoInMagazine = w._ammoInMagazine - 1
Think you can manage on your own?
Quote:
And prehpas defang the shotgun some.....that thing is much to OTT....
That's your point of view. Many people say it's the only way to beat Zimmermann in hard mode. (Personally I'll wait until I've finished my mod before playing in hard)
Quote:
For me its gameplay options>all weapons the same, really just died a little inside from Fallout 3's weapons all practically being the same I just like to see more differentiation in like weapons..and weapons in genreall.
Ok, both assault rifler are similar,but do you use the minigun like the .38 rifle? Shishkebab like fatman? Flamer and shotgun?
Quote:
I don't so much as code but cut and past, bad habbits I picked up doing unreal 1 ages ago and still I can not process code so well but there again I been codeing on and off for the last few years.
You begin to know how to code by knowing how to copy&paste the right things.
Quote:
Took my PC....and shes in need of a new PSU..... the old one is getting ready to stop working its got capacitor whine and signs the slows down the higher the whining gets I been checking tis volts and its seems like its enough to run it for now...
Do you get continuous whining or just during gfx stresses? 'Coz mine whines when the gfx card does intensive work... Did check whether it's from the psu of the gfx card though.
Quote:
(what you said went over my head)
....bbbwwaaiinnnssssssss......*shuffle shuffle* LOL
1-"I am thus I rush toward the player."
2-Did you check its psu?
Quote:
I still think the AI in System shock 2 was better....
It wasn't built for confort. It wasn't built for finesse. It was built for one thing only: total destruction. And for this, the serious sam AI is perfectly fit.
=======================
Quote:
Speaking of ODD fps/games have you played Dark Messiah, there's another game I loved despite itself I'll take wonky innovation over blantly tried and safe designs anyday!!?
No. If you want innovation you can try zeno clash, tower of goo, crayon,perhaps dead space, monster madness...'Kay those aren't fps.
BTW: I loved CB jericho, me.

EDIT: I forgot to say: the luger is a P08 not a C96

Last edited by Gniarf; 04-24-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
that's SO true!
*hands you aspirins* It can get worse as well

Quote:
I'll spam the board with my questions whenever I feel so. Answer at your discretion.
Mmmmm spammmm....*nom nom nom*

Quote:
locked textures? I've got 3.3Gb of .dds textures to edit at your heart's content. The only problem is editting the pkmdl models. (you like file format reverse engineering?)
In UT3 they locked some of the textures I tried to export the pistol in DDS format and editor would no allow it it was quite annoying pissed me off enough well that and how they made it to go back to UT04 and focus on it more.
All I can do is some basic level of skinning
http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/200...1/skins-alive/

Quote:
If you just want to edit dmg/ROF/ammo, that's easy=a good start. If you want to change its looks, give up (see comment above).
Thats what I go after first, the way I mod I make up crazy explanations for relatively simple and easy mods.
Quote:

Or by 455holes like me who love mindless butchery.
I can only handle so much redundancy before I need to do something else,thus why I hate no death bioshock as much as I do....

Quote:
mag rail=?
tech explanation:
-longer barrel=more speed=power
-vs damaged/overused barrel (more friction/gas leaks)
.... ok Hi tech,tech and magic

Generally those need visual updates then again so would a magnetic rail system (bullet is fired or assisted using magnetism) but if you can micronize it and have it inside the weapon overhauling how it looks is not as badly needed...since I has little skill in changing skins much less models ><.

For Necrovision HI-tech explanations might not work, but a magic based one where you explain the pistol is a keep sake and due to all the magic circleing around its been enhanced.

Quote:
When I said "can you fit a rifle round in a gun handle" I didn't mean that the problem is how many rounds you can stack in a clip, but instead that the bullet are contained in the clip and the clip is contained in the gun handle and the gun handle in contained in the hand. So would the handle fit in the hand?
Problly not but when its dual wielded the clip is not seen reloaded..so we don't have to worry about such details just hammer out a better gameplay/fun balance

Quote:
600 NE?
Thinking more .50 cal pistol
http://www.popularmechanics.com/outd...s/1277336.html
http://duncanlong.com/science-fictio...ories/50ae.htm

And ya the Nitro as well...there was another one I saw....*goes to look* ...oh never mind its the 600 NE.

Quote:
ammoPICKUP being a child of the weapon is somehow defendable (weapon pickup gives ammo, ammo pickup=weapon pickup with different looks)...but ammo itself shouldn't even be a class, just a number in the AmmoAmount array. WTF did they come up with this time?...
I have a problem in UT04 I can't get minigun and a assault rifle to share ammo after some attempts and more research I found I need to disable bNoAmmoInstances.... but I am unsure how to implement it (weapon.bNoAmmoInstances or use it as a starting bool and set bNoAmmoInstances=false in the default properties)0-o had no luck getting something to work ><

Quote:

The line is (in Colt1911.lua): w._ammoInMagazine = w._ammoInMagazine - 1
Think you can manage on your own?
Ya once I get the damn utility , how big is it? I'm on dailup until I get back home...

Quote:
That's your point of view. Many people say it's the only way to beat Zimmermann in hard mode. (Personally I'll wait until I've finished my mod before playing in hard)
Ya but so far the game is rather easy but for a couple parts that are more buggy than they should be...

Quote:
Ok, both assault rifler are similar,but do you use the minigun like the .38 rifle? Shishkebab like fatman? Flamer and shotgun?
The ARs feel the same the pistols feel the same but for the .45 and the Silenced 10MM, the combat shotgun thats really a street sweeper (what they have in the game is not a shotgun its a STREETSWEEPER....shotgun 2 barrels<Combat shotgun<Street Sweeper) is my fav weapon that and the railway rifle.

The energy weapons are under powered even made a energy weapon mod that comes in a few versions of more than 50 files, the normal energy weapons and heavy energy weapons get a low,mid,high and high but balanced sets and I packaged all the single weapon mod files so people can mix and match how they want it...forgot the Prime lazer tho >>
Quote:
You begin to know how to code by knowing how to copy&paste the right things.
Ya but how mnay years to I ahve to cut and apste to understand WTF I am doing??

Quote:
Do you get continuous whining or just during gfx stresses? 'Coz mine whines when the gfx card does intensive work... Did check whether it's from the psu of the gfx card though.
It did it for my EVGA 8800 610MB super clock and the old ATI 3870 so its not my 400$ at the time of purchase and no I am not regretting it video card..., its the PSU whats really bad the reason I have lowered my usage of it is when I am playing, when I play a game a it goes to load a level it will stop whining and the computer acts as its its trying to catch its breath for a few seconds before being able to finish loading.
Quote:
1-"I am thus I rush toward the player."
2-Did you check its psu?
My PSU is going..I try and give it a jolt by sticking my fingers in a socket..but it only gives me a slight buzz....

Quote:
It wasn't built for confort. It wasn't built for finesse. It was built for one thing only: total destruction. And for this, the serious sam AI is perfectly fit.
I was talking about Bioshock not necrovision in regrads to SS2's AI being better. Necrovision is a solid no fuss no muss FPS.
=======================
Quote:
No. If you want innovation you can try zeno clash, tower of goo, crayon,perhaps dead space, monster madness...'Kay those aren't fps.
BTW: I loved CB jericho, me.
Innovation=well used designs be they new or not.

I think it was the lack of jump and the on the rails design and bad AI that just totally turned me off of it.... I couldn't play it it was just to boring/stupid
necrovision is great because the AI dose not matter since you are given large enough levels that can be explored and enough weapons to walk over the 3rd riche 3 times over .

Dark messiah got alot right,Halo 1 got alot right,Undying got alot right,Arx fatalis got alot right for a RPG heavy title. Most other games are far to simplified and lacking.....and I need to try Dead space sometime soon so I can whine on it...its no wonder I can hear the capacitors on my monitor and PSU crying...
Quote:
EDIT: I forgot to say: the luger is a P08 not a C96
Ya I have FO3 on the brains again..... I need to check and see if I can find my saves after I had to reinstall my OS.... see if I can try and figure out how the hell to mod weapons on it again...doing basic tweaks is easy but good god I could not figure out how to add poison to a weapon...instead I put fire on it but meh.....I wanted to use radiation for my but radiation is only used to fck over the player.....and nothing else...god F03 is a watered down simplified mess..... *annoyed rant rant annoyed*
Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
*hands you aspirins* It can get worse as well
Painkillers ?! NOOOOOOOOOO !!
Quote:
All I can do is some basic level of skinning
http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/200...1/skins-alive/
Ohh...Someone spend quite some time painting flames...
Quote:
Generally those need visual updates then again so would a magnetic rail system (bullet is fired or assisted using magnetism) but if you can micronize it and have it inside the weapon overhauling how it looks is not as badly needed...since I has little skill in changing skins much less models ><.

For Necrovision HI-tech explanations might not work, but a magic based one where you explain the pistol is a keep sake and due to all the magic circleing around its been enhanced.
Capacitors for railguns are quite bulky and couldn't fit in a pistol, at least not now, so I'm afraid you'll have to rely on magic.
Quote:
Ah, just .50 - nothing oversized lol.
Quote:
I have a problem in UT04 I can't get minigun and a assault rifle to share ammo after some attempts and more research I found I need to disable bNoAmmoInstances.... but I am unsure how to implement it (weapon.bNoAmmoInstances or use it as a starting bool and set bNoAmmoInstances=false in the default properties)0-o had no luck getting something to work ><
I have 2 problems with UT04:
1-I call it UT3
2-I hate this game
Then, could you PM me/post weapon.uc+minugun+asrifle? (kinda lazy to reinstall a game just to extract 3 .uc files)
Quote:
Ya once I get the damn utility , how big is it? I'm on dailup until I get back home...
75kb compressed
Quote:
Ya but how mnay years to I ahve to cut and apste to understand WTF I am doing??
I think it took me 3-4 years. I started with serious sam, kudos to croteam for giving their c++ source code to the modders...ended up 4 years later making my own programs.
Quote:
when I play a game a it goes to load a level it will stop whining and the computer acts as its its trying to catch its breath for a few seconds before being able to finish loading.
"catch its breath"? What do you mean exaclty?
Thinking: capacitor whine when they are stressed, so no whine=no stress. No whine dure "catch breath" times means no stress on the PSU...Either you're/I'm misinterpreting something, or the voltages are too low and your mobo issued a standby (weird). You're sure you don't have those breaks on other computers as well?
Quote:
My PSU is going..I try and give it a jolt by sticking my fingers in a socket..but it only gives me a slight buzz....
This and lust for brains?...That sound like a bad case of frankeinstania. I suggest replacing your screws with worms or scarabaes.
Quote:
I need to try Dead space sometime soon so I can whine on it...its no wonder I can hear the capacitors on my monitor and PSU crying...
...And Gniarf begging for another box of aspirin...
Quote:
I could not figure out how to add poison to a weapon...
I suggest looking at the dart gun, it has poison dmg too. They probably have 2 variables for this 1-bDoesPoisonDmg and 2-The amount of dmg (a few thousands if I recall).
Worst case scenario: clone the dartgun, then change impact damage, model/texture/sound/ammo/etc....
Quote:
instead I put fire on it but meh.....I wanted to use radiation for my but radiation is only used to fck over the player.....and nothing else...god F03 is a watered down simplified mess..... *annoyed rant rant annoyed*
THERE HE(/she?) GOES AGAIN!! DUCK AND COVER !!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Painkillers ?! NOOOOOOOOOO !!
Its not like their made of lead and smell of sulfur....*hides something behind his back*

Quote:
Ohh...Someone spend quite some time painting flames...
Had to stay focused , so I focused on playing with flame descales until I got something right. Now I can and do decales in PSP 9.

Quote:
Capacitors for railguns are quite bulky and couldn't fit in a pistol, at least not now, so I'm afraid you'll have to rely on magic.
Naw micornized energy systems fit in their too
But for a game like this it doth not compute

Quote:
LOL

Quote:
I have 2 problems with UT04:
1-I call it UT3
2-I hate this game
Its more like UT 3.1..... then again UT3 is what 3.9? 0-o ...
*looks at gears of war PC* epic.... YOU SUCK.......

Quote:
Then, could you PM me/post weapon.uc+minugun+asrifle? (kinda lazy to reinstall a game just to extract 3 .uc files)
Ya I'll have to dig im out you want just the weapon.uc files of the weapons and no fire modes ect?

Thanks!!!
Quote:
I think it took me 3-4 years. I started with serious sam, kudos to croteam for giving their c++ source code to the modders...ended up 4 years later making my own programs.
mabye in another 3-4 years I can write weapons from scratch on UT04
Quote:
"catch its breath"? What do you mean exaclty?
Thinking: capacitor whine when they are stressed, so no whine=no stress. No whine dure "catch breath" times means no stress on the PSU...Either you're/I'm misinterpreting something, or the voltages are too low and your mobo issued a standby (weird). You're sure you don't have those breaks on other computers as well?
The PSU is a few years old and only 550 watt, I need a new one badly.

It feels and sounds like the PC had a drop in power not enough to cause a hard reset or anything just acting strangely, I don;t have any other ATX v2+ PSUs to dose some testing .....

Quote:
This and lust for brains?...That sound like a bad case of frankeinstania. I suggest replacing your screws with worms or scarabaes.
It dose not seem to matter how much brains I eat...er...replace.... they all turn to goo after awhile

Quote:
...And Gniarf begging for another box of aspirin...
I suggest looking at the dart gun, it has poison dmg too. They probably have 2 variables for this 1-bDoesPoisonDmg and 2-The amount of dmg (a few thousands if I recall).
Worst case scenario: clone the dartgun, then change impact damage, model/texture/sound/ammo/etc....
I was still getting use to their strange and unintuitive editor(god fomm is so much easier to use), I'll have to look for the dart gun when I get it up and running.

Quote:

THERE HE(/she?) GOES AGAIN!! DUCK AND COVER !!
I is a he who lives under rocks
Old 04-25-2009, 01:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Its not like their made of lead and smell of sulfur....*hides something behind his back*
Did I mention you forgot to turn that salad bowl off?
Quote:
Had to stay focused
Speakign of which, didn't we drift away from the original topic?
Quote:
Quote:
LOL
nonononononono a 14.5x114 pistol, that, THAT would be LOL .
Quote:
Its more like UT 3.1..... then again UT3 is what 3.9? 0-o ...
UT,UT2003,UT2004,UT3
Quote:
Ya I'll have to dig im out you want just the weapon.uc files of the weapons and no fire modes ect?
Dunno, anything related to what kind of ammo a gun uses.
Quote:
The PSU is a few years old and only 550 watt, I need a new one badly.
550W for a 88...That's a bit just but it should be fine though.
Quote:
It dose not seem to matter how much brains I eat...er...replace.... they all turn to goo after awhile
World of goo, bioware-implemented? Fu***ng lucky bastard! Tell me, how does it feel?
Quote:
I was still getting use to their strange and unintuitive editor(god fomm is so much easier to use)
I remember trying to mod some dialogs (something involving a complicated resurrection) with fomm; I don't remember why, but I couldn't do what I wanted. (Or was it that fomm wasn't even able to open and save correcly an archive, even without editting anything?)
Quote:
I is a he who lives under rocks
Let me blow some flour down there and we can fix the "lives" part.