Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > Mods

Mods NecroVisioN MODs and other improvements

Old 05-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic White View Post
As a possible better way of balancing the difficulty, is there any way of adding a slider (like you did with spawns/speed) for damage multipliers?
Sure, no problem
Quote:
It would make sense to have, say, enemies doing 0.3x damage and you doing 3x if you've got 3x enemy spawns on, so you can kill them at roughly regular speed without running out of ammo,
If you're worrying about ammo (either use the unlimited ammo option or) that's an ennemy health factor you'd want.
Quote:
but they'd also not be shredding the player.
I'm kinda starting to think ermm...4 sliders: speed, number, %health, %damage...+1 text indicator "average difficulty" = speed*number*%health*%damage/(10 000)
Quote:
Of course, you'd need to figure out some way to stop this from applying to boss spawns.
*suddently notices*OMG I slowed bosses aswell...hmmm...shall I keep it that way?
Speed affects bosses
number: no
health & dmg: I guess they shouldn't

[When I have time to]/[if I] implement ennemy health & dmg sliders I'll make them range from 1% to 200% inccase some people would want to thoughen things a bit... demoncrusher, 10x ennemies, 200%hp, 200%dmg, any volunteers?
Old 05-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Hi, I've tested your mod (v0.4) as promised and I have some problems.

- Even in lowest graphics, the framerate is unplayable. Of course I've got a good computer and vanilla Necrovision runs great. It's probably the fov, but I'm not sure.
- Weapons are constantly flickering and disappearing, it's strange. And near an obstacle, they are distortioned.
- You've said that we have unlimited ammo for all weapons, but do we have all weapons ? I've not, so I wonder if it' normal or not.

Otherwise, I like the option menu which allow to configure the mod. With a bunny jumping switcher and a fov adjuster it will be perfect

Last edited by Kr3v; 05-26-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3v View Post
Hi, I've tested your mod (v0.4) as promised
THANK YOU !
Quote:
- Even in lowest graphics, the framerate is unplayable. Of course I've got a good computer and vanilla Necrovision runs great. It's probably the fov, but I'm not sure.
Huh?...Gosh that where it sucks to have an ubercomp...I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: in CWeapon.lua line 1552 you have:
Code:
local w0,h0,d0 = ENTITY.GetDimensions(self._Entity) --already takes self.Size in account
	d0=math.max(math.max(w0,h0),d0)/2
if you replace the whole thing by "local d0=2", does it change anything performance-wise?
Quote:
- Weapons are constantly flickering and disappearing, it's strange. And near an obstacle, they are distortioned.
WTF?
Juste pour être sur, flicker=clignoter.
And could you post a screenshot of a distorted weapon?
ATM I've no clue of what could cause that.
Note:It's normal that weapons are pulled back when you're close to an obstacle, and when you have your eyes just above the barrel, you may notice that actually, it's quite long.
Quote:
- You've said that we have unlimited ammo for all weapons, but do we have all weapons ?
No no, you have to pickup weapons (or use nvnweapons)
Quote:
Otherwise, I like the option menu which allow to configure the mod. With a bunny jumping switcher and a fov adjuster it will be perfect
bunny jump: not a problem, except that I have other priorities:1-that FPS issue and 2-reworking the aiming system*
FOV: actually, I dont see what setting it should affect. Is it just Cfg.FOV? And what kind of option should it be; I mean is it a slider in the 90-180 range, a text on which you click whith different values (like for resolution) , or a box where you type a number (or something else)?

*aiming system
Currently we have the standard aiming cone system: when you shoot the crosshair grows, increasing the weapon spread, but you dont know where you shoot, so you mouse aiming skills do not affect much whether you hit or miss.

My idea is to have cursors (one per weapon) showing exactly where your bullet will hit (save for shotguns ofc). And those cursors wouldn't stay at the middle of the screen, but move here and there on the screen due to the recoil. And as you could see precisely where you will shoot, you could adjust the aim, making successful hitting more mouse-dependant.
The problem is:2weapons->2crosshairs moving separately vs 1 mouse

Last edited by Gniarf; 05-27-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Yes, flicker = clignoter

I'll make some screenshots for the weapon bug.

For the FOV yes, a slider could be a good choice.

edit: Screenshot §§

Last edited by Kr3v; 05-27-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes, flicker = clignoter
Then I've got a problem. (like I hadn't enough yet)

Quote:
For the FOV yes, a slider could be a good choice.
Okies. I guess the minimum should be 90, but what about the max? (sorry, 1024*768 lover here)

Comment on screenies (from left to right):
row1:n°1 + row2 + row3 n°1&2 + row4 n°2&3: those are normal, just your weapon being pulled back as you come too close to an obstacle (try aiming with a rifle at 20cm from a wall)

row1 n°2&4: perhaps you're so close from the obstacle that the weapon is behind the cam (if so, it's normal). I've got to go to those locations to check.

row1 n°3: clearly a bug. You just pulled out your gun and aimed at the sky, right? Did you take the screenie between 2 flickers or is it permanently invisible?

row3 n°3:np afaik

row3 n°4 + row4 n°1: Is that supposed to be a colt?..... Oh I see you were zooming with a colt while being at 15cm from the barrel. Well, press yourself (in real life) against a wall, and try to draw a weapon at full arm extent. AS you cant put your arm through the wall, you're going to have some...difficulties, but how am I supposed to render that ingame? Deny zooming when close to a wall?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

For the fov slider, maybe 90 to 130 ? After 130 we have an alien fov, it's not really unplayable, even with a 72/9 TV

Quote:
row3 n°3:np afaik
Yes I know, it was to compare.

Quote:
I've got to go to those locations to check.
It's the beginning of the game.

Quote:
Did you take the screenie between 2 flickers
I had no flickers while taking these shots.

Personaly, I don't like the distorsion system. I used to play games with a large fov (quake 3, enemy teritory quake wars, unreal tournament 3) and when I launched your mod I was surprised, I thought it was a bug. Necrovision engine seems to don't like weapon pullback.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I had no flickers while taking these shots.
Because flickers appear randomly? Is it related to FPS (BTW there is a console command "showfps 1")
And while we are at it, did you try the modification of CWeapon.lua line 1552 I mentionned earlier?
Quote:
when I launched your mod I was surprised, I thought it was a bug.
0-$#&@ I gonna kill you for saying that, really, do you know how painfull it was to make it working!?
1-I think it's more realistic. I mean you can't aim a rifle while being pressed against a wall, can you? (except if you're turning your back to the the wall, I know, I know)
2-If I remove weapon pullback, you'll have all the glitches&bugs listed in ztorm's FOV fix thread (like effects being misplaced and passing through walls while the weapon does not, flames not leaving from the flamer barrel, weapons being squeezed when using a large FOV, etc...).
3-If you've got a better solution than wpn pullback I (will kill you) am all eyes.
Quote:
Necrovision engine seems to don't like weapon pullback.
The engine doesn't have its word to say. I tell it to pull back, it'll pull back, may it like it or not - period!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gniarf View Post
Because flickers appear randomly? Is it related to FPS (BTW there is a console command "showfps 1")
Personaly I use fraps.

Quote:
And while we are at it, did you try the modification of CWeapon.lua line 1552 I mentionned earlier?
Not yet, I only played UT3 today while waiting for ArmA 2

Quote:
0-$#&@ I gonna kill you for saying that, really, do you know how painfull it was to make it working!?
Sorry if I hurt you. I know that you worked a lot, but I personaly prefer to be honest (while staying respectful for your work), I don't want to lie, and because you worked a long time it's for me a better reason to be honest. If you prefer, I can say it's great, but it won't help you.

Quote:
1-I think it's more realistic. I mean you can't aim a rifle while being pressed against a wall, can you? (except if you're turning your back to the the wall, I know, I know)
2-If I remove weapon pullback, you'll have all the glitches&bugs listed in ztorm's FOV fix thread (like effects being misplaced and passing through walls while the weapon does not, flames not leaving from the flamer barrel, weapons being squeezed when using a large FOV, etc...).
3-If you've got a better solution than wpn pullback I (will kill you) am all eyes.
The engine doesn't have its word to say. I tell it to pull back, it'll pull back, may it like it or not - period!
It's MY preference, not a general one, don't be hurt by my comment, it was not an attack. I've not a better solution, and to be honest, I don't search realism in Necrovision, ArmA 2 is out (in germany, but i'm not german )

Last edited by Kr3v; 05-29-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Sorry if I hurt you. I know that you worked a lot, but I personaly prefer to be honest (while staying respectful for your work), I don't want to lie, and because you worked a long time it's for me a better reason to be honest. If you prefer, I can say it's great, but it won't help you.
I was kidding ! Nothing serious! And BTW, I prefer straight & harsh way over the slow & ambiguous.
Quote:
It's MY preference, not a general one,
Yet you represent 50% of my betatesters,so...
Quote:
don't be hurt by my comment
I'm not.
Quote:
it was not an attack.
I know ('kay next time I'll put smileys...)
Quote:
ArmA 2 is out (in germany, but i'm not german )
Another no blood no violence, goody two-shoes edition?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gniarf View Post
I was kidding ! Nothing serious! And BTW, I prefer straight & harsh way over the slow & ambiguous.
Yet you represent 50% of my betatesters,so...
I'm not.
I know ('kay next time I'll put smileys...)
Another no blood no violence, goody two-shoes edition?
I know it was not serious, I use the same answers

But I prefer answer to it, we are on the web and irony (ironie ?) is often invisible.

And no ! ArmA is not censored in Germany But it's in german, and I've some difficulties to understand german And the game will be out in 20 days so...By the way, ArmA is not a really violent game if we talk about visuals, it's not soldier of fortune or manhunt.

edit : And yes, smileys are usefull while talking with foreign people. Irony is different with languages.

Last edited by Kr3v; 05-29-2009 at 02:29 AM.