Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > Mods

Mods NecroVisioN MODs and other improvements

Old 04-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Gniarf,
is 0.3 still beta or stable enough for normal gameplay?
Thanks.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Both beta and...probably stable enough for SP play. At least I went through the 1st level without trouble.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Hi

I'll try 0.3 and tell you if I get some error messages
Old 05-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

So Kr3v, how is it going?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Registered Member

Hello Gniarf,

Thanks for the MOD. It's cool.

I have not fully played the game with this MOD, but it's great. Hope you will include more features in the mod ?

I will post any feedback and errors (IF encountered) whilst using this MOD. And by the way it would be nice to see an Enemy MOD which can tweak some features of the enemies like Movement, AI etc. I'm finding the enemies too much aggressive/fast and tough to beat on some levels. So I'm trying to edit the scripts/.LUA files from my side also and I hope you too can make a mod which can tweak the enemy behavior a bit ?

Anyhow, let's see.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Last edited by KingDaniel; 05-06-2009 at 06:55 AM. Reason: typo error
Old 05-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Well I've implemented a Slowmo (with normal speed to 10x slower option) and now I'm tackling with Invisibility. Thing is: when you're invisible zombies keep roaming arround aimlessly, they don't stand still.
What do you prefer: have them free roaming or completly standing still like statues?

EDIT:I forgot to say I implemented a slider to set the number of ennemies.
Grave digger "challenge" in 10x ennemies mode: 44s,115 frags

Last edited by Gniarf; 05-16-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

Default Great !

Hi,

THANKS for the update. Much Appreciated.

Nah ! I think Slomotion enemies option would be enough if that's implemented in your MOD. Well honestly it's up to you to decide. I DON'T want to press you further for implementing the invisibility option, but if that can be done easily then fine. Else don't stress too much on that.

You may leave the Zombies roaming around, as that would be better than statues ! And I THANK YOU again for doing all this, just for me ! It means a lot and thanks for all the PM !

And I hope OTHERS here don't think strange about this Enemy MOD and about me, as all of these options might sound funny to others ? But I personally like these CHEAT options in ALL PC titles let alone NecroVisioN e.g. Slomo, NoTarget, NoAI, Invisibility etc. ( Please I'm not a NOOB ). These options are just for FUN and I like using them after beating the FULL game. It's all about personal taste and liking.

Anyhow, I look forward for the MOD. Keep up the TALENT and the hard work.

Best Wishes,
Daniel.

Last edited by KingDaniel; 05-16-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

There you have it, MadMan's Mess v0.4 out! First post updated as usual.

For next release (if any), I plan to:
-fiddle a bit with rifles, 'coz I don't find the very handy in combat: I keep thrusting my bayonnet but it doesn't seem to always hit - dunno why, will look into it.
-allow taking back thrown shovels
-and fix the bugs you'll find in v0.4, save for the one that exhibits missing parts of the player's arm when doing some charge animations. I don't think I can do much for this one.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Registered Member

Smile

Cool ! Downloading it now.

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

As a possible better way of balancing the difficulty, is there any way of adding a slider (like you did with spawns/speed) for damage multipliers?

It would make sense to have, say, enemies doing 0.3x damage and you doing 3x if you've got 3x enemy spawns on, so you can kill them at roughly regular speed without running out of ammo, but they'd also not be shredding the player.

Of course, you'd need to figure out some way to stop this from applying to boss spawns.