Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > Mods

Mods NecroVisioN MODs and other improvements

Old 03-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Talking Real widescreen gameplay !

BIG THANX TO GNIARF

Edit : official patch 1.1 relased, FOV fix is ready ! The game is now Hor+ in widescreen (16:10, 16:9, 15:9) and iron sights work ok.
Edit2 : TripleHead fix is ready.

>>Download NecroVisioN 1.1 - widescreen FOV fix<<
>>Download NecroVisioN 1.1 - TripleHead fix<<

See how NecroVisioN behaves in various aspect ratios with these fixes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Original post : )
I'm trying to figure out how to configure NecroVisioN for proper 16:10 support... Unfortunatley it's not as easy as in Painkiller.
It's easy to fix the FOV for Hor+ gameplay but the "zoom" (iron sights) causes the game to crash. Here's what I've found so far.

Whatever you do, backup your config.ini and start a new game !

In config.ini :

Cfg.FOV = 110 this will crash the game as soon as you use the zoom !!! It's a correct FOV value for 16:10 though, see screenshots below.
Cfg.FOVRun = 120 (sprint mode FOV, make it 150 for an "Aliens vs. Predator" experience)
Cfg.ZoomFOV = 50 This seems to have NO effect on the iron sights view. Values of 80, 55, 50, 10 look the same... and don't crash the game.

The "iron sights crash" gives me an error message with a list of .lua files and numbers. So the Cfg.FOV value set to anything but 100 can crash entire scripts. Weird.

Ideas, suggestions, hints ?

Last edited by ztorm; 04-03-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Approved Member

Idea:tell the devs that if a=b=100, then b=100 and after a=b, not b=100 and somewhere else a=100. (ok I'm mean, my apologies)

suggestion: in file CWeapon.lua, add "self._curFOV = Cfg.FOV" just under "function CWeapon:Apply(old)" (it should be near line 243)

hint: it solves the iron sights crash problem.

note:function CWeapon:Apply might not be the best place. If someone got a better place (the constructor?), I'm all eyes.

bottom line: 1024x768 FTW!!

Last edited by Gniarf; 03-05-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Now that's helpful ! Thanks !
Some questions arise though : how do I extract the .lua files ? Where do I save edited scripts ? Do I look like a n00b ? When's lunch ?
Old 03-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztorm
how do I extract the .lua files ?
with a tool named Painfull http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=732
Quote:
Where do I save edited scripts ?
in NecroVisioN\Data\LSCRIPTS
Quote:
Do I look like a n00b ?
Not yet. Else I would not have answered.
Quote:
When's lunch ?
After [before lunch]
Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

can't see pictures :'(
Old 03-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

They work for me, mon lapin. Try to refresh the page...

Thanks again Gniarf ! Looks like I have everything to start working seriously. Even with an empty stomach.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gniarf View Post
Idea:tell the devs that if a=b=100, then b=100 and after a=b, not b=100 and somewhere else a=100. (ok I'm mean, my apologies)
Mean or not, I have to agree that devs did not do a very good job with the scripts. Sure, it works. But if you change something, the chances are good that the game will crash at some point (at another part of the code). Perhaps this game was not intended to be modded in the first place - but even then...
Old 03-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

The lack of any 16:9 resolution available is probably a hint that the game was not designed with widescreen support in mind at all. So it's only a matter of luck if Painkiller supported widescreen and TripleHead with minimal .ini editing... Necrovision's extra layers of eye-candy probably rely a lot more on intricate scripts. Cryostasis does not a really better job, too.

Quote:
suggestion: in file CWeapon.lua, add "self._curFOV = Cfg.FOV" just under "function CWeapon:Apply(old)" (it should be near line 243)

hint: it solves the iron sights crash problem.
Exact same script error. Wow, this stuff is much more complicated than I thought. Hopefully someone with better knowledge of this sort of things and a 16:10 monitor will look into this issue, I don't think I'm up to the task...

Last edited by ztorm; 03-06-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

In which directory is your modified CWeapon.lua? Mine is in C:\Program Files\1C Publishing EU\NecroVisioN\Data\lscripts\Classes

A quick test to make sure you extracted the luas in the right directory is to extract all luas and delete lscripts.pak. If the game crashes, you got the wrong directory.

If you're sure you put CWeapon.lua at the right place, post the lines 230 to 250 of your modified CWeapon.lua.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
A quick test to make sure you extracted the luas in the right directory is to extract all luas and delete lscripts.pak.
No need to delete the additional files will override the ones in the packages - you better keep the packages otherwise you might need to re-install.