Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Well, I can confirm that people can pop 3 chests per battle on impossible difficulty with relative ease, even with a full army roster (which usually means you're way too busy hacking at the enemy or ressing your own troops to be thinking about chests). I, for one, am one of those guys. I love popping chests, since the more Ancient Knowledge scrolls you get, the better your game will go.

In addition to that, when a person is bent on doing a no-loss victory, it is absolutely normal to go for tough units. Faeries, Peasants, Dryads, Zombies, and whatever that's under 150 HP will not do well without a strong backbone (spells, paladins, inquisitors, etc.).

As for Elenhel, using Black Dragons only is a really good (and somewhat cheesy, but that's the fun of it) tactic against Elenhel. He can't use geyser on the Black Dragons and since most of his army are mage-based (necros, archmagi, demonologists, druids, and whatnot), the Black dragons will shrug off most of their damage, since it's magic-based (and black dragons have 80% base resistance). So... I can well see how Temjin did it with relative ease.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 01-10-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

DGD: Hehe well I actually barely scraped through that fight. When Elenhel can't geyser, he turns to Call of Nature. Scary with his 40 Int as it means he can have a huge stack of stuff appear in front of my dragons just like that. His demonologists summoned 118 dogs too, which stayed near the middle of the screen. He then surprised me with a stack of Royal Snakes from Call of Nature that went before my dragons. My stack's top unit had like 12 hps left when I won that fight.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Well, you have spells to counter that as well - some call of nature of your own or something a bit more offensive (death star... the best addition in KBAP in my humble opinion)? However, I can see your point - Royal snakes can be a royal pain because the Black Dragons lack Poison resistance and their poisonous lunge is an ability, not a spell.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinGold View Post
Zechno: We're all liars because we claim to achieve no losses while cracking 3 chests per fight. I mean, obviously anything too hard for him has to be impossible, hence anyone claiming otherwise has to be lying and cheating.

I just beat Elenhel with only my stack of 5 Black Dragons. Didn't even summon anything. No losses and I... (wait for it...) even dug up 3 chests in that fight! I'm a liar though as I haven't provided proof.

BMI: Do you even know what "no-loss impossible" means? A few others and I are undertaking (some of us already finished) such a challenge. This means playing on Impossible difficulty and finishing the game without ever losing a single unit in battle. Do you understand why "peasants in large numbers" aren't good in such a challenge? Here, have a look at this...

See that number under Grand Strategy? Go ahead, load yours up and see what number you have. Again, I'm not trying to "prove" how good or bad I am at a game as that's rather childish. I posted that in hopes that it would open your mind a bit. To the fact that something you haven't figured out isn't necessarily impossible and people who have aren't necessarily lying. We're all here on this forum to discuss the game we love and to ask for help. I myself asked for help on this forum as well and I share my own strategies to give back for that help, not to "prove" I'm some kind of great player.

I appreciate you trying to help others with your tips and whatnot but there's really no reason to constantly put others down. I know you think you must be the greatest player to ever walk the earth and frankly, I couldn't care less how good you think you are and how bad of a player you think I am but please refrain from acting like a 10-year-old.
firstly thank you for miss reading my post entirely...
secondly grats on winning one battle with 5 black dragons and digging up 3 chests...

thirdly wow 198 fights won without a loss i have close to that much and still haven't finnished this game on the current game i'm playing...

fourthly your screenshot doesn't prove anything tbh

fifthly when did i say that something i couldn't do is automatically impossible? please stop putting words in my mouth....

sixthly due to the fact you did your talents very badly i highly doubt you haven't lost one unit the entire game on impossible...

all the items you have which you aren't using A SIDE THE ONES YOU HAVE AS BACKUP for other situations which you haven't dismantled for extra runes and magic crystals...

lastly i love to help others and in no way shape or form do i think im the best player and the only 10 year old here is you with that trolling post.

and to prove my point i wont be replying to any more idiotic posts...
Old 01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Well, his last point is my favorite, I hope he thinks all my posts are idiotic, to save us from his angry attacks. I wonder what skills he thinks you are supposed to have in the magic tree at level 40? I mean, what skills help your Peasant-Tank stack work better?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

Like I said, you can say and believe whatever you like. I'd be surprised if even a single person on this forum finds you credible in any way shape or form. You can "highly doubt" my no-losses on impossible all you like. I've posted detailed strategies on how I get them on this forum. I know an objection you had was "what to do before you can get L5 units." I actually wrote out an entire strategy post on what to do from the start of the game (including how to win the tutorial fights with only 1 paladin) till the time you have enough leadership to get the free green dragon without taking losses. I know you don't like searching this huge forum so I can link you if you are interested. I'm not here to prove anything though and I'm only offering to link you if you are interested in opening your mind to other strategies. I would be wasting my time if I did try to prove anything to you because there can be no solid proof unless you came by my place to watch me play.

I will reiterate: the point of the snapshot is to simply try to open your mind to the fact that just because someone does something different from you, doesn't make it horrible. I'm only Level 40 as you see and games I hear end at 55-58ish. I'm barely past the halfway mark. Why don't I dismantle the stuff you see?

1) The cloak I plan on upgrading before breaking. However, I only do upgrade fights when I need the rage for the next battle. It's simply not time yet.

2) The musket, scope, and dagger I'm hanging on to in case I decide to go with an archer army backed up by 3 stacks of fairies.

3) I'm not hurting for crystals because I don't scribe/upgrade every spell. I only scribe the ones I use.

Do enlighten me though on why my talent picks are horrible as I honestly don't see why. I am a believer that anyone can learn from anyone so constructive criticism is always welcome. The only abilities I haven't tried to max yet are ones that either give me more mana (I have 110 mana, 120 with the cape, and I get 14 mana a turn with concentration 3 and 2 belts, which is more than enough for me), more Intellect (Linguistics will be good but it's low priority from a cost benefit standpoint compared to the skills I want to max early), or use less crystals (which I don't need.)

I really hope you are 12 years old or you are purposely trolling to piss people off. Because if you're an adult and this is how you approach life, you won't get very far and you will simply end up making a lot of enemies. I mean that purely from a standpoint of concern because you have a lot of anger and insecurity in those posts. If berating others on a forum is your outlet, I guess that's better than taking it out on people in person. Go ahead and call me a troll and whatever names you want. I feel no rage towards you because I honestly pity you. Because just like in real life, it's not what you or I think that matters. It's how everyone else in the community perceives you.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Guys, with all due respect, it will be much better when Temjin finishes the game, provides a save game file with 0 losses just before finishing the game - after beating up Baal (like I did in the high score thread - and no, I'm not boasting, I did it to set an example for fair play) and everyone will be FORCED to believe him and not question him as it is the case right now Actually, the same can be done right now I think... But it is the battles against K'Tahu, Zilgadis and Baal that actually decide a no-loss game.

Otherwise the "petty bickering" (I'm sorry if anyone is offended by this expression) can continue on and on and there won't be a chance in hell to prove who's right

Last edited by DGDobrev; 01-11-2010 at 08:34 PM.